User Tag List

First 34567 Last

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

I think like people in general there is a spectrum and it all depends on where the E lies. I am a lil more subdued and slow to warm up. More of a watch and observe type who takes her time to see what type of person I am around before I pounce. I am polite and tactful, and never open up completely unless I truly like you and feel comfortable around you. My friends say I am just me and that I make them laugh, but there are many hidden secrets that lie within me, my life is no open book
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

in most cases i would say an ENFP would be quite overwhelming, especially to a type such as an ISTJ. i myself have learned that is something that at times needs to be toned down and have learned to do so
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by felt up View Post
    erinarevy, your pic reminds me of a Mike Leigh film I saw two weeks ago called, Happy Go Lucky.

It's about a rabid ENFP's incessant joy, who makes other people in her sphere absolutely miserable. It's a brilliant character study of the ENFP and her effect on her ISTJ/INTJ driving instructor. It's PAINFUL to watch at times, but left me breathless to see how believable Sally Hawkins was in the role. Anyway the film would make MBTI group discussion. Check it out if you can.
    ...that actually did look pretty good...
    What's up universe?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmm, I can be too intense and hence overwhelming at times, but I, for one, love provocative people, ideas and intense moments.

Intense experiences color my life with depth and meaning.

People have definitely felt overwhelmed by me when I am arguing a point I feel passionately about.

Unfortunately, even though in any argument I focus and strictly care about logos, I have been cursed or blessed with infusing, (unintentionally, mind you), pathos in my arguing style.

I *care* about things I argue about, I don't argue for argument's sake, bleh.

Also, hmm, more and more I am beginning to see and fully understand the great variability amongst each MBTI type.

I am not all fluffy bunny wubbie bubbly-ness, far from.

And I am not exuberant all the time.

But, hey, when I am excited, I am excited.

Take it or leave it.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP

i try to use more logos than pathos, but thinking about it, i really just use logos to appeal to others and have my argument make sense (which seems obvious, but i could care less about the facts when i really care about an issue)
    What's up universe?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by aufs klo View Post
    i try to use more logos than pathos, but thinking about it, i really just use logos to appeal to others and have my argument make sense (which seems obvious, but i could care less about the facts when i really care about an issue)
    You can care less about the facts?

Explain please.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP

ENFPs can definitely be overwhelming. The one I know best can definitely project herself onto others in a way that can be uncomfortable for people who are not naturally adept at extroverted feeling. I also think that a lot of them can or are turned off by people who do not respond to their sometimes outlandish behavior with similar behavior.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    You can care less about the facts?

Explain please.
    Sometimes I see facts as just ways of convincing people I'm right? That sounds awful! Facts can be manipulated and changed to suit any purpose, drive home any point, and make anyone seem right. I throw them in because I know it's what people want/need to hear sometimes--know your audience, right? But that inarticulable feeling is what I always try to get across, that feeling where my argument just makes sense and clicks. So I can get overwhelmingly passionate about things in what Ive just realized is an attempt to literally radiate my enthusiasm .

I know Im being vague and abstract, buuuut yeah?
    What's up universe?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Excellent thread and I will say as an ENTP that I have a habit of verbally flexing on people if you will in an attempt to overwhelm them and see how they respond. I am often shocked I don't get my ass kicked. This is a habit that has been shelved more and more with age but I do still tend to enjoy the "shock and awe".

The ENTP/ENFP dynamic is slightly interesting being so close in so many ways. I think I would call myself flighty at times as well and I do very much so see it in the ENFPs but I think I have a pretty hard time with other Ps in general.

With that said I like em

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

It's true. My friends, especially ESFP/ESFJ will more likely find me overwhelming. I love their "Huh?" reaction whenever I share anything deep or abstract with them and their response is: "Oh.. You know her. She's just being funny."

I think ISTJs find me overwhelming, too. Especially on my good days. On my bad ones, they seem to love it when I'm not smiling as much. That's when I notice they warm up to me most. Odd..