User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion. - Hebbel

People don't ask for facts in making up their minds. They would rather have one good, soul-satisfying emotion than a dozen facts.
    Robert Keith Leavitt
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. --- Maya Angelou

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    We come equipped with emotions because, like physical sensation, they are a way of informing our body what it needs to do next for satisfactory survival and existance. A person who is able to recognize, label and express his emotions in a positive manner has a distinct advantage over a person who rejects this piece of his safety system.
    ur argument doesn't stand in the post modern world. We're quite confortable compared to our ancestors.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado44 View Post
    Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion. - Hebbel
    "A witty saying proves nothing." -Voltaire-

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado44 View Post
    People don't ask for facts in making up their minds. They would rather have one good, soul-satisfying emotion than a dozen facts.
    Robert Keith Leavitt
    This is actually a scientific fact, observed on magnetic resonnance imagery.
    So I guess I should thank you for accidentally explaining us why religions are plaguing the world and wars are wagged over every possible bad excuse.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    My dad beat me until i turned into a T. I then went mac guyver on his ass.
    It's a survival thing.
    See the treehuging thing ? Well, if you don't fall off the tree, you don't get eaten by the T-REX.
    This is all so very SCI-EN-TI-FIC.

or maybe I was just trying to make you feel better about not being an ENTP (you started it!!)
    You done yet?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFJ

"A witty saying proves nothing." -Voltaire-

This is actually a scientific fact, observed on magnetic resonnance imagery.
    So I guess I should thank you for accidentally explaining us why religions are plaguing the word and war are wagged over every possible bad excuse.
    You have got to love Voltaire:

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too.
    Voltaire
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. --- Maya Angelou

MBTI
    INFP

ur argument doesn't stand in the post modern world. We're quite confortable compared to our ancestors.
    Yes, that is true if you are only thinking of physicality. I don't think it holds true for non-tangibles at all. Such as emotional health.

And I'm not sure that the most useful way to tackle this question is by comparisons. Individual emotion is probably the most useful way to examine the question.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

HA! That's a laugh. The average hunter-gatherer caveman spent 20 hours gathering/hunting for food, and the rest of his time sleeping, playing, and sexing it up with the wife. Now? 50-60 hours a week, we all hate ourselves and each other.

The average time it takes to maintain a household is the same amount of time it took 50 years ago, despite innovations in laundry, cleaning, etc. What gives?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Yes, that is true if you are only thinking of physicality. I don't think it holds true for non-tangibles at all. Such as emotional health.

And I'm not sure that the most useful way to tackle this question is by comparisons. Individual emotion is probably the most useful way to examine the question.
    But isn't the 'non tangible' expressed in the physical word?
    I'm not saying your 'wrong ' or anything, we all know human beings need both emotion and reason. 'm just curious to know your opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    HA! That's a laugh. The average hunter-gatherer caveman spent 20 hours gathering/hunting for food, and the rest of his time sleeping, playing, and sexing it up with the wife. Now? 50-60 hours a week, we all hate ourselves and each other.

The average time it takes to maintain a household is the same amount of time it took 50 years ago, despite innovations in laundry, cleaning, etc. What gives?
    I won't even begin to describe how unfiting the argument is, but hey, nice try and i salute the references.
    ps: did u ever risk your life going to the grocery store?

... In theory.

MBTI
    INFP

What I'm talking about, Eck, is the nature of human interaction. Regardless of environment nothing much has changed, I suspect, about the way we react emotionally to our environment.

And, as a homeowner, I can affirm that little has changed in the amount of work it takes to maintain a "suitable" living environment in my lifetime. We were also told in high school that by the time we had reached working age that a work week would be reduced to four days. What I see now is people working two and three jobs and a great deal of overtime. A further example would be the amount of time it takes to check out a library book even with the modern electronic method. But that's beside the point of the OP.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I won't even begin to describe how unfiting the argument is, but hey, nice try and i salute the references.
    ps: did u ever risk your life going to the grocery store?
    How is the argument unfitting, you said we were better off and more comfortable now. I'm just asking you to apply a definition of "better off and more comfortable" since using one definition makes your statement laughable.

Oh, here is a nice source, although the studies by McCarthy and McArthur themselves elude me.

And are you kidding? Have you been to the grocery store on senior discount tuesday? I'd prefer the saber-toothed tiger. Anyways this is getting off topic.

Emotions are important because they exist and affect human behavior, thus they need to be considered.