• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Are ENFP Males Prissy

Furiosa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Strangely enough, my ex (ENTP) thought I was arrogant and a bit prissy until she got to know me. I still don't get how she saw me like that to begin with:/.

Either way, prissy? No way. Show-off? I tend to show off other people, like "holy shit, dave won the lottery, isn't that awesome?", as for myself? I might mention things if I'm fishing once in a blue moon, but saying im a showoff is a bit of a stretch :p.

jaku

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4,5?
This might be off-topic but I'm getting a little tired of the "NF guys are girly" stereotype. I'll be frank here. I've met numerous "prissy" guys of numerous types.

My ENTP boss is "prissy". Does that mean ENTPs are prissy? Nope. Let's try not to stereotype too hard here. :)

Add one more vote to "No, ENFP guys are not prissy."

i'm an infj guy and i can see where the stereotype comes from. remember that stereotypes are made apparent for a reason.
i can say with confidence that a quarter of my closer friends will tell me i'm 'girly' (or whatever form of the word), 50% think it but don't say anything and just end up feeling awkward themselves at moments,
and another 25% just plain doesn't care. <-- Those are my closest friends.

girly. manly. it's all stereotyping using the terms alone to categorize people by.
masculinity and femininity are very culturally specific and differentiating ideas.

perhaps living in another society you'd be more inclined to say i'm open, or well-rounded. i believe i am just as 'girly' as i am 'manly', i express an equal amount of both ideas, but not with the intention to. unfortunately in these parts of the world females are accepted as plain girly and as girly and manly, but males must be manly with not even a smidgen of girly coming to surface or SHHHUNNNNNN...

anyone else agree with any of my mimbojambamublebumble?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Please, ever so kindly, explain yourself.

ENFPs as extraverts seek external validation. The NF temperament seeks to understand itself and achieve harmony, so combined with extraversion ENFPs may behave in a way that will ensure that they are validated and liked. That doesn't mean they will do a strip-tease on a table (though I wouldn't rule that out...;)), but I think they really like sincere attention.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
ENFPs as extraverts seek external validation. The NF temperament seeks to understand itself and achieve harmony, so combined with extraversion ENFPs may behave in a way that will ensure that they are validated and liked. That doesn't mean they will do a strip-tease on a table (though I wouldn't rule that out...;)), but I think they really like sincere attention.

I'd have to agree somewhat. I don't like to admit it but I love being the center of attention. I always make a conscious effort of making the conversation about something else whenever I feel like its heavily centered on me.

I like the attention but I don't like to brag or being praised. I'm fueled by people feeling like they are having a good time when they talk with me but not to inflate my ego.

But answering the topic question : prissy? I don't think I am, at all really. I often act prissy as a joke, but I'm quick to make people see it's just a character.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think it's cute...just part of the charm...every type has their lil quirks and it makes em cute. :)

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Prissy? Screw that, I am as manly as they come . . . ESTJ's Beware.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
The male ENFJs I know are very particular about how they look, the people they hang out with, and the places they are seen. My sister is ENFJ and she is like this too, but not as much as the males I know. The one ENFJ I dated always wore lots of jewelry (he was a jeweler), always had a fresh hair cut, and would bother me about the company I kept if he didn't think they were up to snuff.
That could be the tertiary Se. ENTJs have some of this, too.

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP

You can't rule out strip-tease on the table--you can't rule anything out!

I don't think we're prissy, but I understand that there is something about us. I don't find anything beneath me, which is why I pick up so many quirks and hobbies, but I try my best to make everyone around me as excited about 'whatever' as I am (I think this is what makes us so much fun around holidays).
...actually, and I am only making a generalization using myself, I think ENFPs' desire to be associated with fun, or a good time, makes us un-prissey-like because we genuinely want people to have fun when they're around us.