User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    ENFPs are just show-offs. ENFJs really believe they are royalty
    Darling, you don't know the half of it. *sips tea with pinky point towards the sky and leg crossed*
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    ENFP

Strangely enough, my ex (ENTP) thought I was arrogant and a bit prissy until she got to know me. I still don't get how she saw me like that to begin with:/.

Either way, prissy? No way. Show-off? I tend to show off other people, like "holy shit, dave won the lottery, isn't that awesome?", as for myself? I might mention things if I'm fishing once in a blue moon, but saying im a showoff is a bit of a stretch :P.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4,5?
    Socionics
    INFp

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    This might be off-topic but I'm getting a little tired of the "NF guys are girly" stereotype. I'll be frank here. I've met numerous "prissy" guys of numerous types.

My ENTP boss is "prissy". Does that mean ENTPs are prissy? Nope. Let's try not to stereotype too hard here.

Add one more vote to "No, ENFP guys are not prissy."
    i'm an infj guy and i can see where the stereotype comes from. remember that stereotypes are made apparent for a reason.
    i can say with confidence that a quarter of my closer friends will tell me i'm 'girly' (or whatever form of the word), 50% think it but don't say anything and just end up feeling awkward themselves at moments,
    and another 25% just plain doesn't care. <-- Those are my closest friends.

girly. manly. it's all stereotyping using the terms alone to categorize people by.
    masculinity and femininity are very culturally specific and differentiating ideas.

perhaps living in another society you'd be more inclined to say i'm open, or well-rounded. i believe i am just as 'girly' as i am 'manly', i express an equal amount of both ideas, but not with the intention to. unfortunately in these parts of the world females are accepted as plain girly and as girly and manly, but males must be manly with not even a smidgen of girly coming to surface or SHHHUNNNNNN...

anyone else agree with any of my mimbojambamublebumble?
    So you were born, and that is a good day.
    And someday you'll die and what a shame.
    But somewhere in the between, theres a life in which we all dream,
    And nothing and no one will ever take that away.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Please, ever so kindly, explain yourself.
    ENFPs as extraverts seek external validation. The NF temperament seeks to understand itself and achieve harmony, so combined with extraversion ENFPs may behave in a way that will ensure that they are validated and liked. That doesn't mean they will do a strip-tease on a table (though I wouldn't rule that out...), but I think they really like sincere attention.

MBTI
    ISFJ

ENFPs as extraverts seek external validation. The NF temperament seeks to understand itself and achieve harmony, so combined with extraversion ENFPs may behave in a way that will ensure that they are validated and liked. That doesn't mean they will do a strip-tease on a table (though I wouldn't rule that out...), but I think they really like sincere attention.
    I'd have to agree somewhat. I don't like to admit it but I love being the center of attention. I always make a conscious effort of making the conversation about something else whenever I feel like its heavily centered on me.

I like the attention but I don't like to brag or being praised. I'm fueled by people feeling like they are having a good time when they talk with me but not to inflate my ego.

But answering the topic question : prissy? I don't think I am, at all really. I often act prissy as a joke, but I'm quick to make people see it's just a character.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think it's cute...just part of the charm...every type has their lil quirks and it makes em cute.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

Prissy? Screw that, I am as manly as they come . . . ESTJ's Beware.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

The male ENFJs I know are very particular about how they look, the people they hang out with, and the places they are seen. My sister is ENFJ and she is like this too, but not as much as the males I know. The one ENFJ I dated always wore lots of jewelry (he was a jeweler), always had a fresh hair cut, and would bother me about the company I kept if he didn't think they were up to snuff.
    That could be the tertiary Se. ENTJs have some of this, too.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFP

You can't rule out strip-tease on the table--you can't rule anything out!

I don't think we're prissy, but I understand that there is something about us. I don't find anything beneath me, which is why I pick up so many quirks and hobbies, but I try my best to make everyone around me as excited about 'whatever' as I am (I think this is what makes us so much fun around holidays).
    ...actually, and I am only making a generalization using myself, I think ENFPs' desire to be associated with fun, or a good time, makes us un-prissey-like because we genuinely want people to have fun when they're around us.
    What's up universe?