User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

In the military ^_^ we're often told to fake motivation if we have none. I think this is a good way to get through obligations. Beyond that, if something doesn't sit comfortably with me, I tend to endure it until I can no longer, and then politely mention something and withdraw.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I can be kind of pessemistic, and I'm extremely passive, so much that I just let things slide too much, I don't even care about my exterior experiences anymore, I always have a save haven on the inside, whatever happens to me, I keep my center deep. I'm not positive all of the time, I'm extremely passive agressive, I procrastinate, I get depressed all of the time, I think and don't do..but I don't care. It's who I am i guess and as long as I'm loving then I'm happy..whatever happens to me..my body..nothing can touch my soul, so as long as I just love, it doesn't matter what I do here, now, as long as I stay inside, I will always have a home..who effing cares what happens in life..all the dramas, its complete bs..because things are bound to to go wrong, we're humans! it's not supposed to be a stroll through the park where we all hold hands and keep our heads up, if we did, we wouldn't be humans. I think it best to let things happen as they will and to just with whatever is given to you, afterall, theres no way to escape the badness in this world..best live with it.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

You might enjoy this article.
    In Praise of Melancholy - ChronicleReview.com

"In Praise Of Melancholy"

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    Ugh I hate people like that. It's like when people tell you to 'relax' or 'chill out' when you're upset. Makes me wanna punch them in the face. They don't understand.

I can see that they have good intentions, but they're going about it all the wrong way with me. The thing is not to tell us what we should be, but to get us to understand why that would be good for us, or to help us to look at things in a different perspective. To me, it's true that attitude is an extremely important thing. However, this does not constitute always being 'positive' and 'energetic'.

What it seems like to me is that you are very occupied with the notion of you being separate from the "material/physical world". The materialistic idea of success is perhaps very prominently shoved in your face when this is not what you desire. So you seem disillusioned about life and don't see why you should take a positive attitude towards it.

The material world is not something you can avoid though. You have to learn to accept it, even if you want to chase something else. When I'm in a similar situation, what gets me through it is the attitude I adopt. If I don't have a somewhat positive, strong attitude, I will easily fall into the trap of thinking there is no way out of my situation.

I like a quote by Viktor Frankl, which goes: "Everything can be taken from a man but ...the last of the human freedoms - to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."

When someone tells you how you should feel, ignore it. You yourself have the ability to choose how you face the world.
    Om–ba–ara–minaya–sabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. to me, things are equally as good as they are bad so there is no point in getting super bummed about things. if they are really bad then they will balance themselves out. and even in bad there is good.

if there weren't bad things in life then what would we judge good off of?

idk if this has anything to do with the topic really because im lazy and dont feel like reading but it is my general philosophy and it sorta seems to apply lol. if it doesn't then ignore it
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Yeah, I have cigarettes for that purpose.
    That's not quite what I meant! Still, whatever works.....
    Last edited by Apollanaut; 12-15-2008 at 07:46 PM.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Yeah, I have cigarettes for that purpose.
    Hahaha! I've always called them my crutch!

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    if there weren't bad things in life then what would we judge good off of?
    That's exactly my view on it all, too.
    What's up universe?

MBTI
    INFP

The down times allow us to grow and mature faster than others. It's like getting fired or layed off from a job, dumped in a relationship, or kicked out of your place on an almost regular basis. The fact that were all still sane means we have insight that others should look to when their down, not tell us to lighten up and "get with the program."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

if you wanna read a book that takes a more scientific/psychological approach to happiness read "Stumbling on Happiness". its excellent and it discusses exactly what we are talking about here. oddly enough, after posting i read the whole book lol.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

People tell me that I'm smiling even when I'm not.

It's strange.