User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I don't know anything about your situation, but drugs are not fun, I agree. I had to take zoloft for anxiety/panic attacks for a while and just stopped cold turkey. (I'm a nursing student. They say nurses are the worst patients ) I didn't see many terrible side effects but I don't like drugs in general. I don't like having to take a pill 2X a day.

If you are very very depressed I would reccommend trying to stick out the drug for atleast a few weeks and see where that gets you. It takes about 3-8 weeks for some of them to have the desired effect. (I know that seems like an eternity.)

And, not to sound preachy, but exercise definitely is an anxiety/depression killer for me. It totally puts your mind on a clean slate, besides its other obvious health benifits. Vitamins, eat right,.. blah blah blah...I have to force myself to do these things on a regular basis, but its totally worth it. I haven't had major signs of anxiety or depression in a long time.

(Will read more when I have more time!!)

hang in there!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

oh, and i'm so sorry about the loss of your mom

I wish you and your family the best.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I don't know anything about your situation, but drugs are not fun, I agree. I had to take zoloft for anxiety/panic attacks for a while and just stopped cold turkey. (I'm a nursing student. They say nurses are the worst patients ) I didn't see many terrible side effects but I don't like drugs in general. I don't like having to take a pill 2X a day.
    A nurse who hates drugs? How will you live with yourself?

If you are very very depressed I would reccommend trying to stick out the drug for atleast a few weeks and see where that gets you. It takes about 3-8 weeks for some of them to have the desired effect. (I know that seems like an eternity.)
    Yeah, I intend to try it out for at least a month or two. I guess my main concern is that the effects stay the same but I become desensitized to them. I'd hate to come to think of this current state as normal.

And, not to sound preachy, but exercise definitely is an anxiety/depression killer for me. It totally puts your mind on a clean slate, besides its other obvious health benifits. Vitamins, eat right,.. blah blah blah...I have to force myself to do these things on a regular basis, but its totally worth it. I haven't had major signs of anxiety or depression in a long time.
    Yeah I exercise pretty regularly and eat right when I remember (INFP). It helps a bit I think.

oh, and i'm so sorry about the loss of your mom

I wish you and your family the best.
    It's kind of inspiring in a weird way to see a life well-lived come to an end. Maybe I won't think that in a month, I dunno.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post

It's kind of inspiring in a weird way to see a life well-lived come to an end. Maybe I won't think that in a month, I dunno.
    Unfortunately, you probably will.
    Losing someone close to you isn't something that you'll forget about in a month, but hopefully will come to more of an acceptance.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    A nurse who hates drugs? How will you live with yourself?

I don't know honestly.
    When you ask the people ahead of me in nursing school "how they cope with the stresses of the rigorous schooling"

they all have their own little concoctions.

"valium! klonopin!"
    lol.

MBTI
    ENFj

My deep condolences go out to you and your family. I can only image how terrible you must feel.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

That's just not that. Your whole life is transitioning and the feelings of sand beneath your feet can be disconcerting. Be aware that others sense and send not only their condolences but their best wishes for you & your family, including a newb here like me.