User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Perhaps they are afraid of change, and are more comfortable with the ignorance and the evil, because this is what shelters them from it. Religion? I wouldn't know...
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Perhaps they are afraid of change, and are more comfortable with the ignorance and the evil, because this is what shelters them from it. Religion? I wouldn't know...
    Yeah, I don't know either , but I burn to know!

No person can totally shield themsleves against change, the universe is change, so this would not be a logical or valid reason for them to be accepting ignorance.

Can't put it totally off on religion either. The holy books like the Christian Bible are full of warnings about things like this. If they really read their works fully and meditated on them, it seems they could not escape the teachings to face the world as it is.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    Ephesians 6:12

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    It is not ingnorance. We don't live in a soceity where anyone with normal mental ability can be truly ignorant unless it be by choice. I never let people off the hook with this ignorance business. Oh, if only all the ignorant people were educated, then all would be right and good. BAH!

People chose ignorance because it is more comfortable for them (momentarily)to not face the shadows in the world, they are running from the truth of the world and no amount of education could educate them in that case.

People follow the easier, lazier path and then hurt later for it. My question remains, why are they so willing to chose momentary escape from a painful truth and risk greater pain later? Do they enjoy the pain? Are they masochistic? I sometimes really think they might be!
    I agree that people have a choice as to whether or not they're informed; however, I think the choice isn't necessarily conscious, and is certainly influenced by culture, and there does seem to be a large -- albeit passive -- anti-intellectualism movement in some realms of society.

Although I agree that that isnt any excuse in this day and age, were all the information is at our fingertips -- more or less.

In regards to the OP, I think that the misconception of INFP's be passive or pushovers, arises from their -- in my experience -- very reserved demeanor, of course under they have alooooooot of depth, but INFP's seem to be selective on who they share that depth with, and most people only get to see that reserved side.

I think INTP's have a similar problem, but the misconceptions surronding us generally involve coldness, arrogance, insensitivity etc...man being an Introvert -- particularly an INXX -- can be a pain in the ass.
    One by one, over the months, the other bulbs burn out, and are gone. The first few of these hit Byron hard. He's still a new arrival, still hasn't accepted his immortality. But on through the burning hours he starts to learn about the transience of others: learns that loving them while they're here becomes easier, and also more intenseóto love as if each design-hour will be the last.

Thomas Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

I can't go on, I'll go on.

Samuel Beckett - The Unnamable

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ORLY

Quote Originally Posted by Cindyrella View Post
    The descriptions I read of my type seem to paint the picture of a softspoken, sugary sweet individual who would be the perfect first grade teacher. That is probably the one INFPism I am having a hard time claiming.

I like helping other people...sometimes, but I'm not anymore generous than the next person. In fact I often feel exasperated by other people! If I take issue with someone, I don't hide it. I mean, I don't come right out with my dislike of someone, but my behavior towards them makes it pretty darn obvious I think.

I am pretty straightforward when I'm comfortable, and it typically doesn't take me long to get comfortable. I think I've got a lot of that "I am woman, hear me roar" sass to my personality, although to any stranger I come across I am polite and relatively softspoken. But if you spend longer than 10 minutes with me you'll find out pretty fast that I'm not so vanilla.

I have unusually strong, liberal opinions, which I have learned to keep to myself in my conservative, hell fire and brimstone community. But if I feel you can handle how passionately I discuss certain topics, I'll go for it with no hesitation.

NFs, what do you think? Particularly you introverts like me?
    You sound ALOT like me, actually o.o
    Us INFPs deffinately have a dark side.
    [SIGPIC]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/KamikazePigeonOnFire/untitled-39.jpg[/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    (How dark are you, JJJ?)
    No darker than the next person. And the next person. And the next...and so on.

Seriously though, I always liked the idea of darkness (while at the same time hating it), but when it came to doing dark things to other people I couldn't handle it. I guess I've always been a bit of a crypto-goth. I could never be an actual goth because I think they're more than a little ridiculous. Plus the whole "externalizing the internal via fashion" is not something I'm into as an INFP.

The ideal INFP described in the archetypes always reminded me of Jane, the perfectly sweet older sister from Pride and Predjudice, with whom I have nothing in common-- have always felt and acted like more Lizzy.

I don't know if this will help but, I can't help but think that if NFs were sorted by the Sorting Hat, we would almost certainly be sorted into Gryffindor, yet the ideal of the INFP as based on the official discriptions sounds more like a Hufflepuff to me, which might better describe ISFPs or ISFJs--I think INFPs are just reserved Gryffindors. I'm no Hufflepuff that's for sure.

I don't think we really are conflict avoidant per se, I think we just avoid needless/pointless conflict (as defined by each of us individually), becuase it takes alot out of us (or at least it does me); we may seem to want peace at all costs, but I don't think this is true (for instance, I am not going to upset myself arguing with someone when I know they will never accept my point of view--unless, it involves an opinion they have asserted to someone else about me which is false--for example, over the weekend one of my professors led another professor to believe I was lying about a particular incident between the first professor and myself. I don't believe the 2nd professor will take my word over that of his friend and colleague, but my integrity means too much for me not to have confronted both on this matter, which has now sparked off a full-scale war in the department...sigh...but I won't back down :-P).

the whole "externalizing the internal via fashion" is not something I'm into as an INFP.
    I did when I was younger, and still do to some extent though in a different ways. I have never been able to divorce the physical me, from the internal me; doing so always felt false--in high school I wasn't really punk or goth--I was little of both and lot of neither--I looked like Edie Sedgwick, except that the tips of my hair were blue (like her, I was more apt to wear ballet slippers than combat boots).
    none of us, no, not one is perfect, and were we to love none who had imperfections, this world would be a desert for our love

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The INFPs primary function is Fi, correct? That would suggest that they feel intensely and privately the full range of emotions. The link in the OP read to me like intense idealism. A complete disenchantment with the human race for not being consistent with their inner ideal. In a way it is like idealism gone over the edge.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    The INFPs primary function is Fi, correct? That would suggest that they feel intensely and privately the full range of emotions. The link in the OP read to me like intense idealism. A complete disenchantment with the human race for not being consistent with their inner ideal. In a way it is like idealism gone over the edge.
    I don't know, for me Ne and NI are tied for domancy, the Fi
    none of us, no, not one is perfect, and were we to love none who had imperfections, this world would be a desert for our love

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    *picks up runvardh and puts into kitty carrier*

This is the kajillionth time I'm mentioning it, but I'm an 8w9. The 9 is probably the NFP part coming into play, but otherwise I'm a pretty aggressive person. I've always been the most masculine (in thought at least) of all my female friends, and this is probably because as a verryy leetle girl I'd had only a few friends, who were all male. People also say I seem intimidating when I'm not smiling...I think it's a height thing. I can also be rather irritable. I can be a bit of a people pleaser...but I'm not that great at faking things. I HATE mind games, and I cannot tolerate them being played on me. I lose my mind. I become violent. I destroy things. I never play them myself, unless my father, an INTJ, crosses the line of control (and it drives him nuts when I do this). I have serious control and respect issues, and I internalize *everything* - if something hurtful said by others doesn't secretly bother me a little, then it only means I've managed to push it to the back of my mind. However, most of the time I'm extremely laid back and silly and fluffy, and the aggression only comes out when provoked. And so, I will use the more appropriate term of "assertive" . "Sassy" is not a word that I would use to describe myself, as it seems a little...excessive.
    You shared about your mother once and I was wondering if you know her type?
    People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children.
    Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes
    US cartoonist (1958 - )

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

I know my mother is some form of SJ. ESTJ, I believe.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D