• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types help bring you out of a funk

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I bring myself out of a funk. Then I interact with people.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
My ENTJ best friend always cracks me up even when I am depressed. My mother is great too, she is an ENFJ.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
the funks i have are usually emotionally driven and not obvious to anyone around me. the second i hang out with my best friend (ENTP) im instantly out of it because i see that being in an emotional funk is pointless and easy to jump out of if i just take a step back and look at what im "funked" about. when i do this i realize that it isn't a big deal and im fine. lol

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yay! lovin the enfp love!!
sc0877dq.gif

and honestly...my bad mood leaves the second i'm with other people usually.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see a pattern:
ENFP
ESTP

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Anyone that's positive and who's company I enjoy.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
ENFP :) They're great at this, just comes naturally

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yay! another vote!! we win!! we win!! haha :D

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFPs confirmed as surely one of them if theres more than one type capable of it

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESFP

Oh my gawd, can you folks get me laughing even when I don't wanna. :rolleyes:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
INFJs; they bring me strength, they aren't upbeat, expressive, or energetic like ENFJs, which I need, and the NF fits.

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
i was in a mood today, and my roommate (enfj) came home. most times she'll let me be in my bad mood, and sometimes it's nice to get to be all bleh, and have that be okay. usually i'll snap out of it too, slowly, but not having to cheer up or get over someting all at once can be pretty cathartic

...god forbid she be in a bad mood though, and just lock herself in her room no matter how anyone tries to help!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
An athletic shaped chick wearing black leather and knee high stilettos. Black hair, green eyes, top zipped down to show a little more. Have her walk up to me and run her finger lightly down from my forehead to my navel with an evil little smirk. :devil:

Actually, having a decent conversation about something I'm actually interested in for once would help more than the above.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I'm down or stuck in a rut, I've a tendency to stay away from people, moreso than I already do, until I've pulled myself out. Being around people, even my best friends, is just additionally draining when I'm in that state.
When I'm under direct emotional stress, I don't get a sense of emotional release from breaking down in front of people I'm close to. I rarely seek comfort from others. This also carries over to when I'm generally feeling exanimate or listless. I can't be motivated through interaction with others when I'm in that funk. I need to be by myself in order to process everything, and recover my internal drive.

Typically I seek inspiration. Hang out in my cave and try to remind myself why I wake up in the morning. Usually read [some kind of scifi/fantasy or philosphy/articles on psych] to clear my head, write, and listen to music. Sing along. Watch a musical. Theatre is a huge passion of mine, as is psychology and, well, just learning in general. Frequently that's the ticket for me, and I'm able to get around or "snap out of" whatever in the present is bothering me. Focus on the future and whatnot. It's very much like a light switch.

Once I'm feeling better, I gravitate toward people I can leak out my inspirations to, and exchange ideas [about literally anything and everything and nothing], and talk about their dreams with as well.. mainly with INF/TPs. And my INTJ friend is great... we discuss our "master plans," & debate everything from science & philosophy to the purely inane, hypothetical situations [like if and why an iconic hat would truly be necessary for the future ruler of Mars]... and he makes me laugh... at myself. Occasionally my ESFP friend will bring the unadulterated ridiculousness out of me. I like to make her laugh... and pull her into what she likes to call "heavy and deep bestfriend talks." She brings the ADHD-i-wanna-scale-buildings, sugar-crazed kid out of me, and I bring the dormant, deep-thinking philosopher out of her. Interesting give-and-take right there.

Eh, for me, when it comes down to it, it's all about the rekindling of passion, zest for life, in some form or another. Corny as that may sound.:rolleyes:

Oh. And my cat. Of course.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
I would say an ENFJ just so I forget myself and get caught up in their world. Keeps it interesting when I forget my problems for a while.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Xsfps.

everyone else seems too harsh and demanding when i'm in a funk..Or else I drag them down with me.
The two sfps know exactly what I need to move out of that place. (or I just pull myself out of it.)

bronte

MBTI Type
infp
enfps/esfps
unless they are in a funk themselves - which - happens!