• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types help bring you out of a funk

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
What types help bring you out of a funk when you are down and/or stressed and/or depressed?

For me, talking to an ExTx somehow seems to actually help me regain my sense of self when I'm down (though when I'm really down, I usually need to shut people out altogether for a while to work on recharging myself and mentally working through whatever the problem is). Just curious how it works for other INFJ's and other types!

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Actually, my INTJ buddy makes me laugh a lot. He's great at picking up my mood and it usually works.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
What types help bring you out of a funk when you are down and/or stressed and/or depressed?

For me, talking to an ExTx somehow seems to actually help me regain my sense of self when I'm down (though when I'm really down, I usually need to shut people out altogether for a while to work on recharging myself and mentally working through whatever the problem is). Just curious how it works for other INFJ's and other types!

And I love to help people get out of a funk.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd say ENTPs and ENFPs do this most often.

I've helped NFs get out of some emotionally negative and sometimes irrational moods, just by helping them pick apart the situation as they perceive it and getting them to put a positive but rational spin on it.

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
Actually, my INTJ buddy makes me laugh a lot. He's great at picking up my mood and it usually works.

It's funny you say that because my INTP grandfather used to (he passed away a few years ago) be able to do that for me as well (which would be my equivalent of your INTJ as an INFJ, I think).

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think T's tend to help bring F's out of funks well and F's for T's... but I guess type dynamics (especially types less like your own type... S's for N's, I's for E's, etc) help because they help balance you? This is probably too broad a generalization, but it would make sense.

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Not the ESFP, that's for sure.

An INTJ and an INFJ. They're great.
The INTJ by making me laugh so hard I forget how to be depressed.
The INFJ by just being wonderful.

The INFP hypersympathy just seems to make it worse.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
What the funk are you guys talking about?

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP

EXXP's because they tend to have that positive kinetic energy I guess, that's mildly contagious

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
xNTJ's. I've known an ENTJ and a couple of INTJs who were very helpful in this for me.

Don't underestimate their Fi, that's all I've got to say. Somehow, it's more helpful from them than from FPs... at least to me.

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
ENTPs or ENFPs.

ENTPs because we can come up with great ideas, and once I have ideas I'm no longer in a funk.

ENFPs because they make me laugh. And there's that "positive kinetic energy" that placebo mentioned. Yay for physics analogies.