• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs question

rory

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ok. I want to know your opinion.It is a little bit oddly, but I am big Harry Potter fan and I am always trying sorting myself into one of Hogwarts houses.Do you know Harry Potter? I am hoping that yes.So, I always feel that I am combination of Hufflepuff/ hard work, patient,loyal, fair/ and Ravenclaw/ smart, wit,creative, witty,artsy/.And when I am thinking about something, my decision and thoughts seems very hufflepufffish...But when I think awhile, I usually come with perfect ravenclawish decision and solution.First thought- Hufflepuff, second thought- Ravenclaw. For other people/especially unknow people/ I seems very fearfull, insecure, humble and maybe clueless but deep in my soul,around my friends and family and on inside I am witty, creative and smart.Most time I am calm and cautious but I have my angry or smart or witty moments.And people who know me personally often told me that I am smart.But I have more important as HP things to say.

I hate at most when strange people think that I am stupid only because I am nice to them,caring,sensitive and cautious.Very few people understand me.Usually it takes a while before other people realise that I am smart and talented and even thought most of them depreciate me and doubt my opinions as inept, unrealistic and they think that I am lazy, weak etc. Especially my classmates and some teachers in my high school thought that I am not very talented, pick on me and victimize me,althought I have had only As and very few Bs grade.. It was a hard time to me.One classmate told me that everybody think that I am "shit". Most of my exclassmates think it also by now and picks on me with oddly emails and SMS and so.They misvalue me and thats make me angry. So I plot a revenge and I hope that it works.
On the other hand, when some people realise that I am smart and acknowledge it ,it strike as a big suprise to them and it make me angry,too. Sometimes I think in which world we live...Being not very smart means that people have right abase us?I am not speaking about myself, but not everybody on this planet is smart.It is injust.Brainpower it is important but being a nice friend is important as well. For example, bulldust irritate me and makes me nervous but I am never afford to abase other people.
So a very long thread...but I am feel it in this way...and you?

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
I don't feel a need to display my intelligence, it can become a superficial process unless its meaningful. It is sometimes anticipated intelligence comes with cockiness or a grave demeanour.

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?
Be wiser than other people if you can; but do not tell them so.
-Lord Chesterfield

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
First off-- I love Harry Potter. There's no shame in admitting to it :D Truth told, I couldn't figure out at first what all the hubub was about over those books, but after seeing the first movie and getting my hands on the books, I came to realize that the hype was well worth it. :D

Almost any time I take one of those sorting quizzes, I land in either Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. Ravenclaw is my second favorite house, but I really like Hufflepuff as well. Screw the Slytherins. they are almost everything that I would never want to be. :steam:

Anyhow, in regards to the rest of your post...I think I know how you feel. I'm not sure if I had read everything correctly [forgive me, I woke up not that long ago...my brain is still partway in sleep-mode]. I've had a similar experience during grade school where I knew I was intelligent, but I was picked on by other kids, was told nobody liked me, was made fun of constantly, and also was kept after school for not turning in my homework. The strange thing was I had always done my homework-- but I never turned it in on time for fear of not living up to the teacher's expectations. I was placed in a program for gifted children in fifth grade because I surpassed some test's standards, but I felt so awkward and out of place because of all the teasing I received.

As I grew older, I came to realized-- you know what? It doesn't matter really, what they think. If you know that you are intelligent, and you have the grades to prove it, don't let other people bring you down. Students making fun of you, calling you names, trying to make you feel worthless-- it's usually because they are having their own issues and like to make other people feel bad for excelling. It's a form of bullying. They want to single out one person so that the rest of them can bond together in some stupid, silly form of 'fun'. You know you're a good student, you know that you're not an idiot-- that is what is important.

It's difficult to not pay attention to them when they open their mouths and start spewing insults, but from my own experience...most of the classmates who did it to me were cheaters, were the popular kids who screwed up their lives after graduation [sometimes even before...], or were actually smart, but couldn't stand to see somebody else at their level [jealousy issues]. Try not to let it get to you :hug: People like that aren't worth the trouble, nor your time spent worrying over it.

limeo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Here here. I remember - I asked my 10th grade American history "teacher" if I could be moved into the Honors class, coz I knew I could do it. He didn't agree with me.

Now, years later, I sometimes kick myself for letting that jerk sway me into not challenging myself. I've made up for it since then, but for some reason I've never been "understood" by teachers, employers or colleagues - regardless of how talented or intelligent I am. However, I truly revel in the fact that when I do move on (i.e., to another job), employers don't realize how much of an asset I was until I'm gone. ;)

Revenge against their misunderstandings doesn't solve anything - it only fuels the angry fire.