User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I also tend not to be terribly comfortable with indiscriminate hugging.

With my boyfriend and my children, there cannot be too much physical affection. I'm also comfortable hugging close family members, but don't crave it from them in same way.

As for friends, if I haven't seen them in a while, then a hug is nice, but certainly I'm not real comfortable with it being an everyday thing.

Work is the real place I have trouble with it. My coworkers tend to be quite huggy as are some of my clients. I never initiate hugs at work, but I try to remind myself to take them as a compliment...that the hugger is demonstrating affection for me. That's always a good thing.

Now, if I have had a few drinks and run into someone I know.....TOTALLY different story....

Enneagram

Generally, I don't touch anyone. Although, when I'm really excited about a new love interest..I can be a little huggy. That's rare though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

i only hug friends, family, and loved ones (and warmly!). otherwise, i might as well be a robot.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I find that I am very slappy with my affection. I am the person who loves to slap you on the shoulder or knee when you say something really funny,lol.

I love high fiving because it is a way to be affectionate without being mushy when you don't want to be mushy but you want to be affectionate and touch in some way.

I love to hug and hold hands. Kissing is okay but I am more of a hugger. I don't like kissing people on the cheek or being kissed on the cheek but I am very much a hugger type person. I won't initiate hugs a lot of times with people unless I am really close to that person- but I love it when other people initiate hugs and will gladly accept and reciprocate a hug and feel more at ease with them after a hug has been shared.

I find though that I am very super sensitive with my husband when we around single friends or people- I find myself very afraid to hurt them or feel like I am throwing anything in their face with their loneliness- not that all single people are lonely but you never know- I know plenty who talk about their loneliness and yearning for a love. I don't want to make them feel bad so I find myself holding back a lot with affection. I don't hold back 100 percent- but I do tone it down a ton- perhaps too much. I am not an all over a person making out with them in public type- but I am very much for cuddling kinds of affection- snuggling- and am a touching the face as if admiring and examining a great statue type person.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    Why do the girls only get a side hug?
    Lol

I'm always afraid they'll take a hug the wrong way.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    I love high fiving because it is a way to be affectionate without being mushy when you don't want to be mushy but you want to be affectionate and touch in some way.
    I never really got into the "high-fiving" thing. I think I've done it as a joke with a few close friends.

Like other physical gestures, they totally catch me offguard.
    Someone agrees w/something I've said, and tries to enthusiastically high-five me.. I end up staring at their hand like.. "oh.. uhm. Yeah. I mean.. Yeah! ...nevermind."

They drop their hand in dismay.

Sigh. :rolli:

I'm probably far too disconnected from the physical world for my own good, hah.
    *walks into a tree in the front yard.. again*
    :ouch:
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Lol

I'm always afraid they'll take a hug the wrong way.
    lol!, as long as you have a shirt on I don't think that'll usually be a problem.

With physicality I worry that the gesture implies an intimacy or an exchange that I'm not aware of/don't feel mutually. Not romantic, just social. Like, if you hug me does that mean that you can call me or I'm obligated to go somewhere if you ask me to?
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I never really got into the "high-fiving" thing. I think I've done it as a joke with a few close friends. Like other physical gestures, they totally catch me offguard. Someone agrees w/something I've said, and tries to enthusiastically high-five me.. I end up staring at their hand like.. "oh.. uhm. Yeah. I mean.. Yeah! ...nevermind."
    I, as well, am always leaving people hangin'. Don't get the high five. I'll even sometimes say, 'hi-five to that' as an agreement, but then am confused when the other person actually wants to give me a high five.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I, as well, am always leaving people hangin'. Don't get the high five. I'll even sometimes say, 'hi-five to that' as an agreement, but then am confused when the other person actually wants to give me a high five.

My INFP friend IRL does the same thing.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    With physicality I worry that the gesture implies an intimacy or an exchange that I'm not aware of/don't feel mutually. Not romantic, just social.
    That's pretty close to what I mean. Except I'm afraid they'll take a friendly hug as a "hey, baby" kinda hug.

Taking something meant socially for something perceived romantically.