User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    infp

No, I don't like to hug people, even my drunk hugs are distant ones that have ben initiated by other people.

Doesn't matter how close we might be either, my ISFJ friend has been trying to get me to loosen up with the hugs for 5yrs now and she is no closer.

I can't even comfort people who are in distress very well, unless I force myself to give a hug, which I feel really uncomfortable doing the entire time.

The only hugs I give that are not stiff and awkward are to my kids, and my pets, and then I can go all out squeezing them to death in a rush of repressed affection that I can't show the outside world lol.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Irl I only hug friends and my bf. And I really need to be comfortable with the person. I have to know them quite well (in order to know that they're ok with this for one) and I have to trust them implicetly, otherwise it's a no go. PDA tend to be more silly and used as a greeting, whereas in private it can sometimes be a tender moment that causes me to hug the person.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm physically affection with really close friends and family...other than that, meh. :p But I do thouroughly enjoy giving and getting hugs from the right people.

MBTI
    EN_P
    Enneagram
    7or6
    Socionics
    IEE

It's funny I always assumed that there was something wrong with me as I'm not very affectionate at all... but how can that be ???

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm really affectionate in relationships and with a few friends that i have that sort of relationship with...but i'm not with people who are more reserved...like my sweet but not especially cuddly infj mom.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

Damn it, it seems like all the Fs I know LOVE to give me hugs. I'm always cringing and hiding when it comes time for family get togethers. Especially my NF sisters. Love to overload on the emotions on me because they absolutely love seeing the "WTF is wrong with you, you crazy fool. Get away from me." me look. It makes their day.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INFP

You know what we're secretly doing, don't you, Aimahn?

We notice you aren't using all the feelings of love and joy you carry so we're sureptitiously stealing them from you. Hee.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

No, I'm not good with the PDA's. I wish I was. I even feel weird hugging my family. I step out of my comfort zone in order to appear more 'regular' from time to time.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    You know what we're secretly doing, don't you, Aimahn?

We notice you aren't using all the feelings of love and joy you carry so we're sureptitiously stealing them from you. Hee.
    Yes you're right I frequently do feel violated... And strangely naked. What sorcery are you guys up too?
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i'm really affectionate in relationships and with a few friends that i have that sort of relationship with...but i'm not with people who are more reserved...like my sweet but not especially cuddly infj mom.
    Awww, E.A. you seem sooo 'huggable'.

I think I would be a 'huggy' mom. I am a 'huggy' aunt.