User Tag List

12311 Last

Riva

Default who're more manipulative? entp or infj

ok i know that infjs have good intentions. and that they will hardly do anythin what they believe to be wrong. but to get what they want(sumthin good maybe) i have noticed that they are capable of manipulating people, in a quiet and forceful way, which never hurts any1.

But thats not the point i am after. for good intentions or bad, manipulation is manipulation and i have noticed that Infjs are quite manipulative.

what say you?

AFTER EDITING.

i believe that ENTPs are the master schemers and manipulators. they are like Satan tryin to feed you a forbidden fruit. they will go a very long way without ever getting caught by their actions, and they are very hard to predict.

BUT, they have that, "i am sneaky and manipulative" look to themselves.

like Garak in star trek DS9, or satan in passion of the christ.

BUT, infjs dont. but they are equally manipulative but in a silent manner. makin them harder to be caught and to doubt.
    Last edited by Riva; 12-11-2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: my intention was to show the manipulative methods of both the types and why one(INFJs) might be better at it than the other

MBTI
    ENTP

I believe in manipulation as long as your goals are positive and noble and your approach is open and honest. What is manipulation? It means literally: "Operation with the hands." Influence. Persuasion.

If I attempt to influence you and you do what I want, how is that a bad thing? Many people would benefit from being manipulated in this way. If I say, "I want you to do XYZ." and XYZ is something you want but fear, how can this be bad?

The issue here should be dishonesty.

To answer your question, I have noticed that INFJ's can tend toward being passive-aggressive. They try to bait you. Luckily, I very much appreciate being baited.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Riva

i agree with you. i myself is extremely manipulative, but my goals are most of time noble.(except for when it comes to girls, i am only 21 and i think i have a long way to go before i start havin a serious relationship).

so yes you are ryt.
    " If I attempt to influence you and you do what I want, how is that a bad thing? Many people would benefit from being manipulated in this way. If I say, "I want you to do XYZ." and XYZ is something you want but fear, how can this be bad? "

i do that all the time myself. especially for my CLOSE friends.

but Synarch what i was tryin talk about was NOT whether manipulation is bad or not.what i was tryin to ask was that have you guys have noticed whether INFJs are manipulative or not.

thats what i was tryin to ask, and the reason i dragged the poor ENTPs was to compare their manipulation to INFJs manipulation METHOD

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by markjENTJ View Post
    but Synarch what i was tryin talk about was NOT whether manipulation is bad or not.what i was tryin to ask was that have you guys have noticed whether INFJs are manipulative or not.
    I think I answered that, goober. INFJ's can manipulate passive-aggressively.

Riva

Goober. lol. well i was expecting others to pour things in too, not just you. but thanks anyway, i learned a new word today. GOOBER. so much for being English my 3rd language.

passive-aggressive. thats the word i was lookin for.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w?

I'm totally passive-aggressive sometimes...all for good, not evil
    "...Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand..." (the Skin Horse)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by kmclaughlin View Post
    I'm totally passive-aggressive sometimes...all for good, not evil
    Oh, we know. We know.

violaine

(Anyone can be manipulative) but to answer the OP I guess INFJ could do it very well without someone knowing it.

I hate being manipulated. So I don't think I do it. I think I need to work on being ok with influencing others though... I don't even like to influence someone into having a relationship with me unless that's what they really want.

Glycerine

Well, I can be very manipulative, at times. I usually know how to get on people's good side (it's more for a calm environment then trying to get something from someone) and I am pretty good at getting out of trouble. However, I would never try to negatively manipulate or intentionally harm someone.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

both and any type for that matter
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1