• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] who're more manipulative? entp or infj

B

ByMySword

that was cruel. I am not Fucked up. No more than anyone else. My honesty is overly sensitive, just like yours is hard ass. What a horrible thing! Calling me so fucked up I drove you away? I didn't know that! So you decide to tell me in front of the whole place that I'm Fucked up? Thats just mean and hurtful. If your goal was to hurt and humiliate me publicly...well you did just that...you can have the win.

That was cruel, and I apologize.

But your post made me really angry, calling me a faker? Saying I manipulate people to like me?

You insulted my character in front of everyone on here. How was I not justified to do the same thing to you? :huh:

B

ByMySword

Um no one said anything about you being "fucked up", he clearly said "crazy antics". He was not trying to purposefully hurt you, but things like the above do drive people away. Theres no reason for your reaction, and such reactions make people want to avoid you cause they never know when something simple they said will light your fuse.

We know you have your social difficulties but at the same time its you who has to learn to over come them and function in society, not the other way around.

While, I agree with your point Brother, she actually is quite estute, I did initially write "fucked up" in my anger.

CaptainChick helped to calm me down, and on further review I realized it was too cruel and attempted to make it less harsh.

I apologize if I wasn't quick enough and if I hurt you Rogue.

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP
ok, I said you guys win. I drive people away. I get it. I just tried to be nice to you guys. Now who's gonna befriend me on this site. Nobody after hearing this... I never ever said anything bad about any of you. I drove your friendship away and you drove me off this site.

I just thought you were nicer than your post sounded.

At least you apologized and owned up to what you really said

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't have social issues!! now youre just trying to hurt me because you know you can.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
I don't have social issues!! now youre just trying to hurt me because you know you can.

Ill no longer discuss this matter with you on a public thread, if you to continue PMing me we'll discuss there.

B

ByMySword

UO

I never ever said anything bad about any of you.

I do believe these were your exact words.

so basically you have to trick people into liking you? then sleeping with you....then you're like "hell with 'em" and get rid of them when you're done. Shocking! I thought you were awesomeness..guess I was fooled!
Are you just a big Faker?

Rogue said:
I drove your friendship away and you drove me off this site.

No, you didn't drive away my friendship until you posted the above.

We've already made this public, so I'll finish it that way.

I explained to you how busy I was with school and work. I can't reply to 5,000 e-mails and PMs everyday, I'm sorry. I was overwhelmed.

Then when I didn't, your reaction was completely blown out of proportion and I was taken aback.

But we worked that out and I've been fine getting an e-mail or PM every once in awhile. If I don't reply, don't take it personal. I'm not ignoring you, I'm just busy.

It was with your post that I quoted above that I felt truly insulted and angered. And thats the only thing I'm angry about.

Whether you intended to or not, that post was very insulting to me, and as I said in my response, it was I who has never been cruel to YOU!!!

But with your insulting post, I felt I was justified in letting you know I was insulted. Sorry if I offended you, but you gave the first insult.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Father is ENTP.
Mother is INFJ.

From my view.

INFJ does it more out of higher-moral code sort of thing. "I know better than you."
ENTP does it more out of the subconscious. "This is what I want and I will get it."

Of course my father really isn't a healthy ENTP and has a hard time hearing "no" so... not sure if my view is bias.

But this is stupid - I don't think one type is more manipulative than any other type. It all depends on the emotional age of the person in question and their motives. You cannot ever say "one type is more manipulative than another type" without a huge amount of generalizations being assumed about the type in question.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
ok, I said you guys win. I drive people away. I get it. I just tried to be nice to you guys. Now who's gonna befriend me on this site. Nobody after hearing this...
If someone wanted to be your friend here, I don't think they would take anything in this thread into consideration, as things are getting rather heated. At least I wouldn't, anyways.

redacted

ok i know that infjs have good intentions. and that they will hardly do anythin what they believe to be wrong. but to get what they want(sumthin good maybe) i have noticed that they are capable of manipulating people, in a quiet and forceful way, which never hurts any1.

But thats not the point i am after. for good intentions or bad, manipulation is manipulation and i have noticed that Infjs are quite manipulative.

what say you?

LOLLLLLL.

Good question. Define manipulative??

B

ByMySword

So, would I be correct in thinking that you believe one wrong turn deserves another?

Not always, but in this case, I felt it was warranted.

As an INFJ, you should know how vengeful we are and how we value "poetic justice".

I didn't ask for that insult. She gave it freely and publicly, insulting my values concerning the matter.

She received a just response.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Father is ENTP.
Mother is INFJ.

From my view.

INFJ does it more out of higher-moral code sort of thing. "I know better than you."
ENTP does it more out of the subconscious. "This is what I want and I will get it."

Another ENTP / INFJ match up.

B

ByMySword

LOLOL. I think they call that poetic justice. ;) Wow, so INFJ-INFJ relationship can be irredeemably bad? :laugh:

Now that I can finally reply to this:

Yeah, I'll never date someone of my same type again. We're so alike, its awesome for awhile.

The INFJ I was with I honestly loved. But she was a very unhealthy and unstable INFJ. She didn't know what she wanted. She was fine with the day in day out routine.

To a point, I'm the same way. But I realized I wanted somone more adventurous I could get out and do things with. I'm restless, damnit.

I had to end it. That was the hard part.

But one of the main reasons is because she was very unstable and very needy. I need a partner, not an infant.

Let me put it this way. Anyone seen Fatal Attraction?

This chick was Glenn Close all over.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Not always, but in this case, I felt it was warranted.

As an INFJ, you should know how vengeful we are and how we value "poetic justice".

I didn't ask for that insult. She gave it freely and publicly, insulting my values concerning the matter.

She received a just response.
"Poetic justice" will never get you anywhere; I despise the idea, as it only ever seems like the correct solution in the heat of the moment when you are not thinking about the matter from an objective point of view. In personal relations, it only makes things worse, especially if the other person is very sensitive; if not stopped early on, it would easily spiral out of control, with both people getting more hurt (though more so the one who is not taking the moral high ground). It's not that hard to explain how what she said was wrong and how it made you feel while not rashly lashing back--which makes you just as much in the wrong as the other person, if not more.

Justice without mercy is too cold. Mercy without justice ignores the need for correction. There has to be a balance. If things like this cannot be handled calmly, that balance will never be achieved, preventing any progress from being made.