• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] who're more manipulative? entp or infj

sade

You're not supposed to leak that info! :azdaja:
But actually.. As long as no one got hurt. *shrug*

I think ENTPs are more see through. But I've noticed that people react to passive-aggressiveness pretty easily. Sometimes..
"I mean.. I did not want you to do that for me. I was just pissed. But thanks anyway." :huh:
But still, I attempt too be as blunt and so on about what I want from people, I dislike indirect stuff.. And then I go and do it myself, on purpose, or even if I don't notice. Such an ass. :doh:

B

ByMySword

OMG! I soooo did not think you were like that! :doh:

What? Yes you did!!!! You of all people should know!!!! :shock:

I've never lied about how I am to anyone. If anyone has a problem with it.......well, seriously, what can I do about it besides give empty threats? ;)

But you get the idea. :D

Anyway, you can't be mad at me for being honest.

B

ByMySword

so basically you have to trick people into liking you? then sleeping with you....then you're like "hell with 'em" and get rid of them when you're done. Shocking! I thought you were awesomeness..guess I was fooled!
Explains alot though! Castaway! unbelievable....Why can't you just be yourself and let people like you on their own. Are you just a big Faker?
I am just shocked! :huh:

Are you serious?

I can't believe so many of you have read so much into this. Who said I wasn't being myself? Who said I was tricking people into liking me? I honestly don't get it. :huh:

If I took out the thing about the girls, none of you would have anything to say.

Don't get mad because your crazy antics drove me away Rogue. I was never cruel to you.

V

violaine

BMS is being honest, let's at least grant him that.

And I think he "manipulated" these girls by persuading them to leave what I would imagine to be their deadbeat boyfriends.

He's a good guy, but he is still a man and situation permitting, men tend to manipulate their circumstances to benefit their favor.

Also, I think that an F has a lot more potential and power to be more manipulative than a T.

I :heart: BMS' honesty. He doesn't sugarcoat it.

B

ByMySword

Wow, the reactions to BMS's admission in this thread are fascinating to me. Did you all miss the part where he said he wouldn't hurt anyone intentionally? Do all of you really never do or say anything that will benefit you? Is this the 'Saints R Us' forum?

His description sounded to me like he looks for a win-win, not that he plays with people's minds for fun. It is entirely possible that those girls came to him for advice because they wanted his help to break up with their boyfriends. The words values and ethics are in his description. Now they may not match yours, but judging him seems reactionary to me.

You get it!!! Thank you!!!

The so called "girls" were all very good friends with deadbeat boyfriends, and 2 of them I ended up having an extended relationship with.

One I fell in love with.

Don't make me out to be a monster just because I'm being honest.

B

beyondaurora

Wow, the reactions to BMS's admission in this thread are fascinating to me. Did you all miss the part where he said he wouldn't hurt anyone intentionally? Do all of you really never do or say anything that will benefit you? Is this the 'Saints R Us' forum?

His description sounded to me like he looks for a win-win, not that he plays with people's minds for fun. It is entirely possible that those girls came to him for advice because they wanted his help to break up with their boyfriends. The words values and ethics are in his description. Now they may not match yours, but judging him seems reactionary to me.

Okay, here we go...

No, I did not miss the part where he said he wouldn't hurt anyone intentionally. Nor did I miss the words "values" and "ethics" in his description.

However, I also seemed to catch the phrases "but she wants it, so it's cool", "I have the person in the palm of my hands", "I would never advise someone I cared about to do the wrong thing", "the advice I give is never harmful", etc., etc.

For one, by definition you cannot "manipulate" someone into doing something they want.

Secondly, am I the only one concerned with someone who thinks that they know what is right for another person and manipulates that person to carry out related decisions?! Even if he does have the incredible gift of knowing what's right for others (an admission that I find both scary and narcissistic), where are the ethics in that?

B

ByMySword

You're not supposed to leak that info!

lol, I didn't mean too, but you know how we are.

We're hesitant about being honest, but we're so anti-censorship if we censor ourselves, its like we're being dishonest with ourselves. And that I can't have.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

Okay, here we go...

No, I did not miss the part where he said he wouldn't hurt anyone intentionally. Nor did I miss the words "values" and "ethics" in his description.

However, I also seemed to catch the phrases "but she wants it, so it's cool", "I have the person in the palm of my hands", "I would never advise someone I cared about to do the wrong thing", "the advice I give is never harmful", etc., etc.

For one, by definition you cannot "manipulate" someone into doing something they want.

Secondly, am I the only one concerned with someone who thinks that they know what is right for another person and manipulates that person to carry out related decisions?! Even if he does have the incredible gift of knowing what's right for others (an admission that I find both scary and narcissistic), where are the ethics in that?
You bring up a lot of interesting and valid points, unfortunately, I have to go to class, right now.

But I will add more to this later.

:)

V

violaine

I've always taken pride in that quality about myself.

I'm a straight shooter.

I'm glad someone appreciates it.

I do indeed!

Plus, you gotta love a man whose postings make all the other INFJs' blood run cold with the fear of exposure :devil: :wubbie:

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP
No one can fault you for being honest. It just sounded awful. Honesty is a respectable quality. We were just honest in our reactions.

Don't get mad because you're so fucked up you drove me away Rogue. I was never cruel to you.

that was cruel. I am not Fucked up. No more than anyone else. My honesty is overly sensitive, just like yours is hard ass. What a horrible thing! Calling me so fucked up I drove you away? I didn't know that! So you decide to tell me in front of the whole place that I'm Fucked up? Thats just mean and hurtful. If your goal was to hurt and humiliate me publicly...well you did just that...you can have the win.

B

ByMySword

Yeah, but you can manipulate someone into doing something that they need to do if they're not able to figure it out for themselves. Thats what counselors are for. And thats how INFJs work. I'm not bragging about it, I never was, which is what I think you're getting from all this. I was just giving my thoughts on the matter.

It isn't my fault I happen to appreciate the traits I have in this regard and consider them a strength.

Thats the beauty of an INFJ. We can take a third party NT approach and advise them in the best course of action. Our NF allows us to put ourselves in their shoes and understand where they're coming from as well. Because of this, we're able to give sound advice in a caring manner. It makes us very comforting to talk to. And I won't apologize for that. I enjoy that strength, and I enjoy helping people I care about with it.

And when you say that, you're basically saying all real therapists are scary and narcissistic, and thats fucking stupid. People come to me.

The difference between them and me is that counseling people comes naturally for me, and since I never took a Hippocratic oath and I'm not gettiing paid, I technically don't have to help them. But I do anyway.

Is it so wrong that sometimes, I can persuade them in a right course of action that will benefit myself as well?

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Ugh...

I think I'm going to throw up. :sick: At least I know to steer clear from you. Thanks.

I very well may have that talent; however, I choose not to use it. That's the difference.

OMG! I soooo did not think you were like that! :doh:

so basically you have to trick people into liking you? then sleeping with you....then you're like "hell with 'em" and get rid of them when you're done. Shocking! I thought you were awesomeness..guess I was fooled!
Explains alot though! Castaway! unbelievable....Why can't you just be yourself and let people like you on their own. Are you just a big Faker?
I am just shocked! :huh:

Wheres the *smiley rubbing hands together manically* emoticon?

:popc1::popc1::popc1:

B

ByMySword

I do indeed!

Plus, you gotta love a man whose postings make all the other INFJs' blood run cold with the fear of exposure :devil: :wubbie:

Somebody's gotta tell them the cold hard truth.

I've taken that burden upon my shoulders.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Don't get mad because your crazy antics drove me away Rogue. I was never cruel to you.

that was cruel. I am not Fucked up. No more than anyone else. My honesty is overly sensitive, just like yours is hard ass. What a horrible thing! Calling me so fucked up I drove you away? I didn't know that! So you decide to tell me in front of the whole place that I'm Fucked up? Thats just mean and hurtful. If your goal was to hurt and humiliate me publicly...well you did just that...you can have the win.

Um no one said anything about you being "fucked up", he clearly said "crazy antics". He was not trying to purposefully hurt you, but things like the above do drive people away. Theres no reason for your reaction, and such reactions make people want to avoid you cause they never know when something simple they said will light your fuse.

We know you have your social difficulties but at the same time its you who has to learn to over come them and function in society, not the other way around.