• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] who're more manipulative? entp or infj

B

ByMySword

ok i know that infjs have good intentions. and that they will hardly do anythin what they believe to be wrong. but to get what they want(sumthin good maybe) i have noticed that they are capable of manipulating people, in a quiet and forceful way, which never hurts any1.

But thats not the point i am after. for good intentions or bad, manipulation is manipulation and i have noticed that Infjs are quite manipulative.

what say you?

Absolutely, INFJs are much more manipulative than ENTPs.

I've been manipulating one to sleep with me for the past month. :devil:

But she wants it, so its cool. ;)

When we get one on one with someone, we come into our own. Thats the Counselor in us. And since people are drawn to us for advice, we often find ourselves in that position. When people come to us like that, I've noticed that its almost as if what we're telling them is coming from the mouth of God, Himself.

If I can get to that point, I have the person in the palm of my hands, and in some cases, I've manipulated some things. I've worded things a certain way, or implied something. The advice itself is never warped, as this would be going against my values. I would never advise someone I cared about to do the wrong thing, ever. That is unethical. Usually, the advice I give is never harmful to who I'm giving it to, but that doesn't mean it can't work in my favor as well.

Although, I've manipulated 3 girls at three different times to break up with their boyfriends and be with me, so I guess sometimes somebody gets hurt. lol

B

beyondaurora

When we get one on one with someone, we come into our own. Thats the Counselor in us. And since people are drawn to us for advice, we often find ourselves in that position. When people come to us like that, I've noticed that its almost as if what we're telling them is coming from the mouth of God, Himself.

If I can get to that point, I have the person in the palm of my hands, and in some cases, I've manipulated some things. I've worded things a certain way, or implied something. The advice itself is never warped, as this would be going against my values. I would never advise someone I cared about to do the wrong thing, ever. That is unethical. Usually, the advice I give is never harmful to who I'm giving it to, but that doesn't mean it can't work in my favor as well.

Although, I've manipulated 3 girls at three different times to break up with their boyfriends and be with me, so I guess sometimes somebody gets hurt. lol

Ugh...

I think I'm going to throw up. :sick: At least I know to steer clear from you. Thanks.

Atomic Fiend

No picture can accurately portray how much this made me laugh.

B

ByMySword

Ugh...

I think I'm going to throw up. :sick: At least I know to steer clear from you. Thanks.

Whatever, you're probably an INFJ and have the same talent.

Besides, I will never date another INFJ again. I did it once, and it ended miserably. I should have told her to stay with her boyfriend. :yes:

B

beyondaurora

Besides, I will never date another INFJ again. I did it once, and it ended miserably. I should have told her to stay with her boyfriend. :yes:

I very well may have that talent; however, I choose not to use it. That's the difference.

B

ByMySword

I very well may have that talent; however, I choose not to use it. That's the difference.

You make it sound like I'm always manipulating people, and I'm not.

In fact, usually I don't. Because then I feel I'm abusing the power they've given me over them. Like I said, I'd never give harmful advice to someone unless they deserved it. Innocent people who come for good helpful advice find it with me.

I just mentioned the few times I did manipulate and that I am aware that I have the ability to do so again.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA

Is chasing people who are taken an INFJ trait? I've found some I know can show zero interest in someone then when that person is taken it becomes flirt city. I've also known them to get into trouble when the partners of these people come along or get uncomfortable with it. I'm working with a small sample size, so it may just be coincidence. Or it might also be a misunderstanding of the way you guys interact with people you are close to. Maybe there is trust when they are taken and you feel more okay to get that close?

As ENFP I flirt often but make it unambiguous enough that the partner knows I've got no intent of breaking them up. I'm normally liked by the boyfriends of girls I know rather than feared.

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP

OMG! I soooo did not think you were like that! :doh:

V

violaine

Absolutely, INFJs are much more manipulative than ENTPs....

I sooo agree with you. Not that I know many ENTP but I just think INFJ have such preternatural skill in this area. We automatically 'ping' others silently for signs and then match for meaning. I cannot use what I glean though to push an agenda because then I feel responsible for the person (bleh!) Also, I then think that kind of relationship is not real and completely dependent on my whims, (not for you BMS, for me.) Idk why but that bothers me.

LOLOL. I think they call that poetic justice. ;) Wow, so INFJ-INFJ relationship can be irredeemably bad? :laugh:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
haha nice thread :D

I smell fear and an era of prominent madmen :D

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I don't think of ENTPS as manipulative, I think they just want to test ideas to such an extent (like INTPs will often do, but more fence-line) that they gather up enough enthusiasm and arguments to see if they can actually convince you. XNTPs are crafty bastages

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
ByMySword, you have to be careful being so honest. :)

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP

so basically you have to trick people into liking you? then sleeping with you....then you're like "hell with 'em" and get rid of them when you're done. Shocking! I thought you were awesomeness..guess I was fooled!
Explains alot though! Castaway! unbelievable....Why can't you just be yourself and let people like you on their own. Are you just a big Faker?
I am just shocked! :huh:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I don't think of ENTPS as manipulative, I think they just want to test ideas to such an extent (like INTPs will often do, but more fence-line) that they gather up enough enthusiasm and arguments to see if they can actually convince you. XNTPs are crafty bastages

Kepp believing my friend, keep believing ! :D

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx

Wow, the reactions to BMS's admission in this thread are fascinating to me. Did you all miss the part where he said he wouldn't hurt anyone intentionally? Do all of you really never do or say anything that will benefit you? Is this the 'Saints R Us' forum?

His description sounded to me like he looks for a win-win, not that he plays with people's minds for fun. It is entirely possible that those girls came to him for advice because they wanted his help to break up with their boyfriends. The words values and ethics are in his description. Now they may not match yours, but judging him seems reactionary to me.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
BMS is being honest, let's at least grant him that.

And I think he "manipulated" these girls by persuading them to leave what I would imagine to be their deadbeat boyfriends.

He's a good guy, but he is still a man and situation permitting, men tend to manipulate their circumstances to benefit their favor.

Also, I think that an F has a lot more potential and power to be more manipulative than a T.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Wow, the reactions to BMS's admission in this thread are fascinating to me. Did you all miss the part where he said he wouldn't hurt anyone intentionally? Do all of you really never do or say anything that will benefit you? Is this the 'Saints R Us' forum?

His description sounded to me like he looks for a win-win, not that he plays with people's minds for fun. It is entirely possible that those girls came to him for advice because they wanted his help to break up with their boyfriends. The words values and ethics are in his description. Now they may not match yours, but judging him seems reactionary to me.

+1

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
There is nothing wrong with the application of force and influence, which is what manipulation is.