MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    Ugh...

I think I'm going to throw up. At least I know to steer clear from you. Thanks.
    I had the same reaction to it.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

haha nice thread

I smell fear and an era of prominent madmen
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I don't think of ENTPS as manipulative, I think they just want to test ideas to such an extent (like INTPs will often do, but more fence-line) that they gather up enough enthusiasm and arguments to see if they can actually convince you. XNTPs are crafty bastages

MBTI
    ENTP

ByMySword, you have to be careful being so honest.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    Absolutely, INFJs are much more manipulative than ENTPs.

I've been manipulating one to sleep with me for the past month.

But she wants it, so its cool.

When we get one on one with someone, we come into our own. Thats the Counselor in us. And since people are drawn to us for advice, we often find ourselves in that position. When people come to us like that, I've noticed that its almost as if what we're telling them is coming from the mouth of God, Himself.

If I can get to that point, I have the person in the palm of my hands, and in some cases, I've manipulated some things. I've worded things a certain way, or implied something. The advice itself is never warped, as this would be going against my values. I would never advise someone I cared about to do the wrong thing, ever. That is unethical. Usually, the advice I give is never harmful to who I'm giving it to, but that doesn't mean it can't work in my favor as well.

Although, I've manipulated 3 girls at three different times to break up with their boyfriends and be with me, so I guess sometimes somebody gets hurt. lol
    so basically you have to trick people into liking you? then sleeping with you....then you're like "hell with 'em" and get rid of them when you're done. Shocking! I thought you were awesomeness..guess I was fooled!
    Explains alot though! Castaway! unbelievable....Why can't you just be yourself and let people like you on their own. Are you just a big Faker?
    I am just shocked!
    "bad things happen when people touch me!!"

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    I don't think of ENTPS as manipulative, I think they just want to test ideas to such an extent (like INTPs will often do, but more fence-line) that they gather up enough enthusiasm and arguments to see if they can actually convince you. XNTPs are crafty bastages
    Kepp believing my friend, keep believing !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    Absolutely, INFJs are much more manipulative than ENTPs.

I've been manipulating one to sleep with me for the past month.

But she wants it, so its cool.

When we get one on one with someone, we come into our own. Thats the Counselor in us. And since people are drawn to us for advice, we often find ourselves in that position. When people come to us like that, I've noticed that its almost as if what we're telling them is coming from the mouth of God, Himself.

If I can get to that point, I have the person in the palm of my hands, and in some cases, I've manipulated some things. I've worded things a certain way, or implied something. The advice itself is never warped, as this would be going against my values. I would never advise someone I cared about to do the wrong thing, ever. That is unethical. Usually, the advice I give is never harmful to who I'm giving it to, but that doesn't mean it can't work in my favor as well.

Although, I've manipulated 3 girls at three different times to break up with their boyfriends and be with me, so I guess sometimes somebody gets hurt. lol
    Wow, the reactions to BMS's admission in this thread are fascinating to me. Did you all miss the part where he said he wouldn't hurt anyone intentionally? Do all of you really never do or say anything that will benefit you? Is this the 'Saints R Us' forum?

His description sounded to me like he looks for a win-win, not that he plays with people's minds for fun. It is entirely possible that those girls came to him for advice because they wanted his help to break up with their boyfriends. The words values and ethics are in his description. Now they may not match yours, but judging him seems reactionary to me.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

BMS is being honest, let's at least grant him that.

And I think he "manipulated" these girls by persuading them to leave what I would imagine to be their deadbeat boyfriends.

He's a good guy, but he is still a man and situation permitting, men tend to manipulate their circumstances to benefit their favor.

Also, I think that an F has a lot more potential and power to be more manipulative than a T.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Wow, the reactions to BMS's admission in this thread are fascinating to me. Did you all miss the part where he said he wouldn't hurt anyone intentionally? Do all of you really never do or say anything that will benefit you? Is this the 'Saints R Us' forum?

His description sounded to me like he looks for a win-win, not that he plays with people's minds for fun. It is entirely possible that those girls came to him for advice because they wanted his help to break up with their boyfriends. The words values and ethics are in his description. Now they may not match yours, but judging him seems reactionary to me.
    +1

MBTI
    ENTP

There is nothing wrong with the application of force and influence, which is what manipulation is.