User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by markjENTJ View Post
    ok i know that infjs have good intentions. and that they will hardly do anythin what they believe to be wrong. but to get what they want(sumthin good maybe) i have noticed that they are capable of manipulating people, in a quiet and forceful way, which never hurts any1.

But thats not the point i am after. for good intentions or bad, manipulation is manipulation and i have noticed that Infjs are quite manipulative.

what say you?
    Absolutely, INFJs are much more manipulative than ENTPs.

I've been manipulating one to sleep with me for the past month.

But she wants it, so its cool.

When we get one on one with someone, we come into our own. Thats the Counselor in us. And since people are drawn to us for advice, we often find ourselves in that position. When people come to us like that, I've noticed that its almost as if what we're telling them is coming from the mouth of God, Himself.

If I can get to that point, I have the person in the palm of my hands, and in some cases, I've manipulated some things. I've worded things a certain way, or implied something. The advice itself is never warped, as this would be going against my values. I would never advise someone I cared about to do the wrong thing, ever. That is unethical. Usually, the advice I give is never harmful to who I'm giving it to, but that doesn't mean it can't work in my favor as well.

Although, I've manipulated 3 girls at three different times to break up with their boyfriends and be with me, so I guess sometimes somebody gets hurt. lol

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post

When we get one on one with someone, we come into our own. Thats the Counselor in us. And since people are drawn to us for advice, we often find ourselves in that position. When people come to us like that, I've noticed that its almost as if what we're telling them is coming from the mouth of God, Himself.

If I can get to that point, I have the person in the palm of my hands, and in some cases, I've manipulated some things. I've worded things a certain way, or implied something. The advice itself is never warped, as this would be going against my values. I would never advise someone I cared about to do the wrong thing, ever. That is unethical. Usually, the advice I give is never harmful to who I'm giving it to, but that doesn't mean it can't work in my favor as well.

Although, I've manipulated 3 girls at three different times to break up with their boyfriends and be with me, so I guess sometimes somebody gets hurt. lol
    Ugh...

I think I'm going to throw up. At least I know to steer clear from you. Thanks.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

No picture can accurately portray how much this made me laugh.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    Ugh...

I think I'm going to throw up. At least I know to steer clear from you. Thanks.
    Whatever, you're probably an INFJ and have the same talent.

Besides, I will never date another INFJ again. I did it once, and it ended miserably. I should have told her to stay with her boyfriend.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    No picture can accurately portray how much this made me laugh.

beyondaurora

Besides, I will never date another INFJ again. I did it once, and it ended miserably. I should have told her to stay with her boyfriend.
    I very well may have that talent; however, I choose not to use it. That's the difference.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    I very well may have that talent; however, I choose not to use it. That's the difference.
    You make it sound like I'm always manipulating people, and I'm not.

In fact, usually I don't. Because then I feel I'm abusing the power they've given me over them. Like I said, I'd never give harmful advice to someone unless they deserved it. Innocent people who come for good helpful advice find it with me.

I just mentioned the few times I did manipulate and that I am aware that I have the ability to do so again.

Is chasing people who are taken an INFJ trait? I've found some I know can show zero interest in someone then when that person is taken it becomes flirt city. I've also known them to get into trouble when the partners of these people come along or get uncomfortable with it. I'm working with a small sample size, so it may just be coincidence. Or it might also be a misunderstanding of the way you guys interact with people you are close to. Maybe there is trust when they are taken and you feel more okay to get that close?

As ENFP I flirt often but make it unambiguous enough that the partner knows I've got no intent of breaking them up. I'm normally liked by the boyfriends of girls I know rather than feared.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP

OMG! I soooo did not think you were like that!
    "bad things happen when people touch me!!"

violaine

Absolutely, INFJs are much more manipulative than ENTPs....
    I sooo agree with you. Not that I know many ENTP but I just think INFJ have such preternatural skill in this area. We automatically 'ping' others silently for signs and then match for meaning. I cannot use what I glean though to push an agenda because then I feel responsible for the person (bleh!) Also, I then think that kind of relationship is not real and completely dependent on my whims, (not for you BMS, for me.) Idk why but that bothers me.

LOLOL. I think they call that poetic justice. Wow, so INFJ-INFJ relationship can be irredeemably bad?