Get some help, kiddo.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Get some help, kiddo.
    Lol. I apologize.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTx

Huh, yet behind that, I think it can be more of an 'us' vs "them" thing than anything else. When a personality type becomes manipulative, more often than not it is intentional. And I can certainly be a master manipulator of the S variety when it comes to those kinds of intentions. In other words, if I am aware of intentional manipulation going on somewhere around the corner, the kind of underhanded persuasion which somebody might use in an attempt to make something seem necessary and I know it's not, I won't allow them to get away with it.

Yeah, I can be a bitch when it comes to intentional manipulation. And any other time as well.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENTp

ENTPs will manipulate you. INFJs will too, but ENTPs expect INFJ with all their morals and personal understanding to know better. That's why it hurts so much too sometimes, because often, it makes you think that you aren't a good person that's why the INFJ manipulated you. With ENTPs, you just assume they are bad or misguided people.
    "Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible." - Mac Anderson

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I just enjoyed the cheesiness of the OP.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

This thread needs a poll.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEI

I have an unhealthy and manipulative INFJ father. Let's just say that after seeing how he manipulated my mother and how things turned out with our family, I have a pretty negative reaction to manipulation of any kind and try to never use it myself. He thought he was helping people but I think he deluded himself and used that as an excuse for his actions. In my opinion his motivations were ultimately selfish and he probably did a lot more harm than good. Unfortunately I think he is still prone to do this even today, though we do not see each other or talk that often anymore. We're trying to rebuild bridges but when I can see right through him and the reasons behind his behaviour it can be a challenge. He never set out to hurt people, that's the hardest part and why I can never hate him, but in the end, hurt people he did.

I honestly believe that just as healthy INFJs can be a great help to those who need them, unhealthy INFJs can screw up unsuspecting people perhaps far more than any other type due to the subtle way they can play with the heart and mind, intentionally or otherwise.

I don't think I know any ENTPs in person, but I'm willing to bet that INFJs are more manipulative and better at it as a general rule.
    INFJ 9w1.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    This thread needs a poll.
    This thread needs a nuke.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Maybe it'd be more appriopriate to phrase the opening question, "Who is better at manipulation? ENTPs or INFJs?"

I think everyone would agree that both types are manipulative. ENTPs have the cold calculating capability to zing someone into getting them to do what they want with a mere putdown, immediately getting their victim to give up their side of the arguement if they want to keep the relationship intact. The ENTP knows they'll do this and would never mean to trash the relationship in the first place. It's just part of the game of how they get what they want - they understand the limits of the relationship.

INFJs, on the other hand, are far less brash. They're like ninjas using their Ni to get the job done. In a sneak attack, they slip in, plant the subliminal message, and escape. INFJs (healthy ones) also would never manipulate to the point of risking the relationship either. They would, rather than strong arm the person quickly to get what they want when they want, be patient, and slowly change the person's mind (brainwash them).