First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    To answer your question, I have noticed that INFJ's can tend toward being passive-aggressive. They try to bait you. Luckily, I very much appreciate being baited.
    Are you trying to say INFJs are master baiters?

Um, yes, INFJs I've known are manipulative, but for the most part I mean that in the best possible way. They may get you to do what they want, but they generally go to great lengths to ensure your happiness, because they also genuinely care about how you feel.

Even when I could tell I was part of some INFJ's scheme, I couldn't bring myself to get angry... most of the time.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

^Yeah, it's only for your own good!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w?

Usually the manipulation will ensure that everyone involved is happy.

..and yes, I'd say we are master baiters
    "...Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand..." (the Skin Horse)

Is it just me, or are your posts saturated with disdain for whom/whatever is on your grudge list for the hour?

As for the original question: It's hardly quantifiable.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFP

I've seen that sort of manipulation from INFJs. Another forum I'm on has an INFJ mod and I can see her coming from a mile away.

It starts with an innocent-sounding question followed by unsuspecting honest replies. Then she goes into full gear with exclamations of righteous indignation. Once she has established her moral superiority all goes smoothly again.

I spent a couple of hours at lunch with her one day on my toes to stay one jump ahead of the pattern!

And she's a delightful woman. Smart, funny, kind. Just has that annoying habit of having to jack up her moral self-esteem a couple times an hour. Hah.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ESTJ

I don't see why an ENTP (generally) would be manipulative. Would they even care about anything enough to manipulate someone? Maybe if it was manipulating someone to stay out of their way I guess...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EIE

So wait, is this thread trying to state that INFJ's are more manipulative than other types, or just manipulative, period?

Well, since all types have their ways of getting what they want, I think it's safe to say that they are all manipulative.

But I don't see any evidence that INFJ's are more manipulative than other types. I'm usually upfront and honest with people if I want something from them. I'm not "actively" manipulative, I would rather put my energy into other things.
    I-44 N-88 F-62 J-67

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. -Winston Churchill

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I wish I were more manipulative, I'd get what I want more often.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I must admit that ENTP vs INFJ is a strange comparison. My ENTP co-worker can be manipulative, but it always has a 'I'm curious if I can get away with this' quality, and if it doesn't work, he just moves on to the next thing.

Also, I wouldn't say that INFJs are more manipulative than other types (some types in particular), but they often are better at it. More subtle.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

ENTP manipulation often seems to have a "fun" character to it, like it is a game.
    The INFJ's I know manipulate without humour. The pattern Anja describes is how I perceived it...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas