User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 291

  1. #131
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    yeah, well, she may be wrong when she says it, but i know me, so i'm not.
    Didn't mean that as an attack, more as a joke.

    I don't know you -- you're much more likely to be correct about you than I am

  2. #132
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    yeah, well, she may be wrong when she says it, but i know me, so i'm not.
    Quote Originally Posted by evan View Post
    Didn't mean that as an attack, more as a joke.

    I don't know you -- you're much more likely to be correct about you than I am
    I am feeling the heat between you two. Let's make this happen.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  3. #133
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I am feeling the heat between you two. Let's make this happen.

  4. #134
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    INFJ.

    Simply by being NF.

    As I wrote at INTPc around the time this forum opened:

    NFs operate from a value set. If they have good intentions, then the actions resulting from those good intentions cannot be bad.
    Ergo, they are manipulative even when they don't believe they are. I appreciate ByMySword for being so self-aware.

    P.S. I NFs

  5. #135
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    INFJ.

    Simply by being NF.

    As I wrote at INTPc around the time this forum opened:



    Ergo, they are manipulative even when they don't believe they are. I appreciate ByMySword for being so self-aware.

    P.S. I NFs
    Exactly.

  6. #136
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    So wait, is this thread trying to state that INFJ's are more manipulative than other types, or just manipulative, period?

    Well, since all types have their ways of getting what they want, I think it's safe to say that they are all manipulative.

    But I don't see any evidence that INFJ's are more manipulative than other types. I'm usually upfront and honest with people if I want something from them. I'm not "actively" manipulative, I would rather put my energy into other things.
    i believe that ENTPs are the master schemers and manipulators. they are like Satan tryin to feed you a forbidden fruit. they will go a very long way without ever getting caught by their actions, and they are very hard to predict.

    BUT, they have that, "i am sneaky and manipulative" look to themselves.

    like Garak in star trek DS9, or satan in passion of the christ.

    BUT, infjs dont. but they are equally manipulative but in a silent manner. makin them harder to be caught and to doubt.

  7. #137
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markjENTJ View Post
    i believe that ENTPs are the master schemers and manipulators. they are like Satan tryin to feed you a forbidden fruit. they will go a very long way without ever getting caught by their actions, and they are very hard to predict.

    BUT, they have that, "i am sneaky and manipulative" look to themselves.

    like Garak in star trek DS9, or satan in passion of the christ.

    BUT, infjs dont. but they are equally manipulative but in a silent manner. makin them harder to be caught and to doubt.
    It's nearly impossible to talk about this without generalizing because of the way the question is framed.

    But I laughed when I read this. It's so right on. Know exactly what you mean. A manipulative INFJ seems friendly and a manipulative ENTP has "Beware!" written all over him.

    But I don't know if that quality makes either of them the more skilled once a person can recognize the manipulation style.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

  8. #138
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    But I laughed when I read this. It's so right on. Know exactly what you mean. A manipulative INFJ seems friendly and a manipulative ENTP has "Beware!" written all over him.

    But I don't know if that quality makes either of them the more skilled once a person can recognize the manipulation style.
    This is just me, but I literally talk about my manipulation style to my friends and it still works perfectly. In fact, talking about it is part of my manipulation because I figure they'll have that opinion anyway. So they appreciate my honesty and I lose nothing

    When my ex talks about her manipulation style, it tends to turn people off because it comes off as much more scheming and calculated, even though it isn't. The sense of warmth, genuine-ness, and "being a good person at heart" end up giving the INFJ the advantage in the long term, or at least it gives them a head start. The ENTP can still "win" by outplaying the INFJ, but with equal "skill", the INFJ has a bit of a head start.

    Plus, EPs just tend to be more likely to "let go" than IJs, which is when mistakes are made.

  9. #139
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    All you have to do is watch how they hard boil an egg.

    The INFJ will carefully select a pot, meticulously check that the water doesn't have any harmful impurities that will mess with the boiling, ensure the egg is clean, and then set the stove to a moderate temperature that will boil the egg slowly. Then they will patiently wait for the egg to cook, being very careful it doesn't get overdone.

    On the other hand, ENTPs grab a flamethrower and have at it.


  10. #140
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    All you have to do is watch how they hard boil an egg.

    The INFJ will carefully select a pot, meticulously check that the water doesn't have any harmful impurities that will mess with the boiling, ensure the egg is clean, and then set the stove to a moderate temperature that will boil the egg slowly. Then they will patiently wait for the egg to cook, being very careful it doesn't get overdone.

    On the other hand, ENTPs grab a flamethrower and have at it.

    Yea, pretty much. +1
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] INTP vs INTJ - who is more manipulative?
    By tcda in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 05-11-2017, 08:57 AM
  2. [NT] Who are more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?
    By Zarathustra in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 354
    Last Post: 12-06-2015, 12:38 AM
  3. [Jung] Who is more practical, SP or ST?
    By Into It in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 02:17 AM
  4. Who is more practical, SP or ST?
    By Into It in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 10:43 PM
  5. Who're more manipulative? Gay Squirrels or Jewish Monkeys
    By Nonsensical in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 02:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO