• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Where do you find ENFPs?

tortoise

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yeah, that is a pretentious word. But when I read where you worked, I thought, "Totally Cool!" Hopefully that doesn't make me pretentious, too. :smile:

It's a fabulous place to work! Very interesting people drift in and out. When I saw you liked German Expressionist film, I was able to go straight in and find out about that genre. I watched Sunrise but I think I was in the wrong mood as I switched to a DVD of The Professionals (British police action series from the early 80s) but I'm going to give Sunrise another go.

Have you seen anything by Andrzej Wajda? He's my favourite auteur right now -- so I think I am probably very pretentious!

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
heh, you might be surprised :coffee:

here's where you can find me (and by extension POSSIBLY some other ENFPs)

-Concerts and other musical venues
-Hole in the wall restaurants
-At a hookah bar, or ethnic restaurant
-Art exhibits/museums
-Public lectures
-Political demonstrations
-Fundraisers; especially if cocktails are involved :smile:
-You might find me at a bar, but only for special occasions....namely if it's a gay/lesbian bar or if it's for a friends party or something. Same with clubs
-Forumz
-At a small-ish party, provided I know a couple of people the
-At a large party, provided I know most of people there
-At the beach (if i'm near one)
-At a cultural festival

that about sums it up^^

stringstheory, this list is adorable... and even though I didn't write it myself, has got me completely nailed. (Even the part about the gay/lesbian bars. LOL!)

And, I'm completely with you on the frat boy thing. You're right that an ENFP came make deep, meaningful emotional connections with people in the most random places. :newwink:

tortoise

MBTI Type
ENFP
This. You can't have emotionally meaningful connections with a bunch of drunk frat boys. LOL!

A long time ago I was in a hostel in Buenos Aires once and ended up in a crazy drinking game with a bunch of the female equivalent of drunk frat boys there. Meaningful connections? Nah ... but lots of fun? Definitely!

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
I managed to meet many of the rarer types, but I have never crossed path with an ENFP except on the forums. I suspect you guys don't actually exist in real life.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Give it time. I didn't encounter an INTJ (that I knew of) until I was about 30 or so.* I LOVE INTJs. I'm sure you'll dazzle one of us soon with your stoic charm. :)

*Except my mother who was an INTJ. But even then, I didn't know it until I was about 30-ish.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
stringstheory, this list is adorable... and even though I didn't write it myself, has got me completely nailed. (Even the part about the gay/lesbian bars. LOL!)

right? I dunno how to sum up all of those places in one word or phrase, i was trying to do that and i couldn't quite think of one. I guess just novel? it has to keep hold of my attention somehow :smile:

And, I'm completely with you on the frat boy thing. You're right that an ENFP came make deep, meaningful emotional connections with people in the most random places. :newwink:

Yeah i mean i find no matter WHERE i am or what context it's in, i can make a connection with someone. mostly because i'm a philosophical drunk :alttongue: but then again, all the ENFPs i know personally are.

but that comment was mostly due to a secret desire deep down to use the :coffee: emoticon for a while now and i was like "....is this my chance, will it fit in this context OK GOING FOR IT"

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
It'll be hard to find me in all honesty, not even my friends can get hold of me when they want to. I'm horrible like that :(

I hate to kick my own balls but the best place to find me is... the internet :doh:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You don't find an ENFP, they find you.

With all due respect, I beg to differ, at least from my perspective. :)

(That could be different with other ENFPs).

I find most situations where I meet people to whom I can relate are purely coincidental and not really active seeking.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

'

some ENFPs are even Greek themselves :yes:

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And here I would have thought we would be the easiest to find because we SO want to be found!

Most any party should have one or two of us either 1. aping ESFP-ness or 2. holed up in the corner with a few like-mindeds, philosophizing and making vehement points with vehement hand gestures. :duel:

Aside from parties, find us at school. We could be teaching, we could be students. We could be janitors!

Art galleries, the theater. We're all over it. And anything adventurous, like scuba diving. Hostels, even!

Or, if you're really on an ENFP hunt, you might consider standing very still and waiting for us to descend on you. It's like bait.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
You don't find ENFPs. They find you!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Or, if you're really on an ENFP hunt, you might consider standing very still and waiting for us to descend on you. It's like bait.

it's so true.

but only for introverts and Js. we don't really have to go after extraverts, at least not extraverted Ps, they probably find us first. but Js on a mission we interrupt, and introverts, yall are too quiet. you're cute. we want to poke you and prod you and get you to play with us. in the nicest way of course. :yes:

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
and introverts, yall are too quiet. you're cute. we want to poke you and prod you and get you to play with us. in the nicest way of course. :yes:

Good- otherwise, I might bite. :devil:

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I was at a park just a few hours ago... waiting to be found.... no one came so I went home! :D