User Tag List

First 1234 Last

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    Sometimes I act distant like that because I feel awkward and don't want acknowlege that tension. It does not mean that I don't necessarily like the person though.
    Well maybe if you were nicer to Cimarron he wouldn't have to start a thread about it.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    Well maybe if you were nicer to Cimarron he wouldn't have to start a thread about it.
    haha, nice one... gotta love that sense of humor!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by evan View Post
    I am careful not to give any positive signs, and also careful not to talk about other people I'm attracted to out of fear of hurting their feelings.
    Ditto.

I'm never rude to them unless they persistently invade my space after I have made it clear I am not interested. I'm not naturally a rude person unless you have violated me in some sort of way, so I see no need to be rude to a person who is romantically interested.

But I'll attempt to answer your questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    When you see them and talk to them, how do you react? What do you say and do?
    I treat them like everyone else as long as they are not acting awkward or making obvious signs (like pulling out chairs, excessive attention, making googly eyes, etc) that they like me. If they do, I might become aloof and less nice just so they get the picture -- leave me alone.

I've noticed that she (INFJ, I think) treats me differently, and doesn't really try to avoid it or cover it up. Another girl who I think was INFJ did the same thing a few years ago.
    Hmmm, I just read about the ways she treats you differently. And it doesn't seem like INFJ at all. Besides the natural reserve of INFJs, the ones I know (including myself) would never be rude to someone like that unless the person disrespected their values. Are you sure these girls are not ISFJs or ISFPs? That sounds more like something they would do.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I'm never rude to them unless they persistently invade my space after I have made it clear I am not interested.
    Good, I don't do that.
    I treat them like everyone else as long as they are not acting awkward or making obvious signs (like pulling out chairs, excessive attention, making googly eyes, etc) that they like me. If they do, I might become aloof and less nice just so they get the picture -- leave me alone.
    I see what you're getting at. I'm not even close to aggressive about this, especially this time. But I had a thought: I do get nervous and awkward, so maybe I end up acting in a way that she thinks is obvious and embarrassing to her. Kind of like, she thinks I'm doing to her exactly what I've been saying she's doing to me. ...? Awkward situations only end up happening when we cross paths, and I stop and let her go first or something. And maybe people can tell by the awkward way I do it that I like her. But that's about it.

The girl from years ago used to point out any mistake or stupid thing I said, and make fun of it, when before those times she would have just let it go. It was kind of funny, too, but after enough times I started to think it was more than just kidding around.
    Are you sure these girls are not ISFJs or ISFPs?
    No, I'm not sure about their type. The recent one acts like the first one, and the first one I guessed as INFJ...maybe INTP, strangely enough. Thanks for the help, though.

Edit: New theory--She's an INTJ. I'm looking into it.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 12-11-2008 at 12:57 PM. Reason: New theory
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    LoLz

I have a similar problem, except it's quite a different story. The INFJ in question is one that I work with. As I started working, we became friends so naturally that it was like I wasn't even trying. Then, one day I noticed how much I really cared about her, and I wanted to tell her so bad. I bought a thinking of you card for her and wrote in it what I liked about her. She took it really well, nothing hostile at all, just warm "thank you, I think you're sweet too" from her. I made it clear in the card that I wasn't implying anything romantic. I just wanted her to know what I thought about her.

The thing is, she's 10 years older, and has a boyfriend, so it's like a brick wall. I've pretty much accepted that it's impossible. She's always really friendly to me, and talks to me about anything I tell her about, but I think that's just the INFJ thing to do. She jokes around a lot with me, but sometimes she just feels psychologically distant. She has a weird sense of humor. I told her the other day that I went to the meet with other MBTIc people and that it was really awkward. She said, "just punch them, they're not worth it."

She's one of those rare people that I feel like I'd instantly drop anything I'm doing for. It's just weird feeling something like this for someone who's so out of my league. I'm very capable of working with her and that's completely fine. I just can't help but admire her every time I see her. I try not to look obsessed, though. :P

Another friend of mine that I felt just as close to, I had take the MBTI, and they tested INFJ, too. I seem to find myself liking INFJs, apparently.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron
    Awkward situations only end up happening when we cross paths, and I stop and let her go first or something. And maybe people can tell by the awkward way I do it that I like her. But that's about it.
    Wait, I just remembered. Later that same day, she talked to me in a more friendly way when we "ran into" (not literally) each other again. I'd forgotten about that. Hmm...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    The girl from years ago used to point out any mistake or stupid thing I said, and make fun of it, when before those times she would have just let it go. It was kind of funny, too, but after enough times I started to think it was more than just kidding around.
    I'm trying to think if there is any situation at all in which I would do this. Hmmm...no, only if I was sure the person would know I was just joking.

But I am only one INFJ and she could be different. Or not an INFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    Then, one day I noticed how much I really cared about her, and I wanted to tell her so bad. I bought a thinking of you card for her and wrote in it what I liked about her.
    Awww, I would like this.

She jokes around a lot with me, but sometimes she just feels psychologically distant.
    How so?

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Awww, I would like this.

How so?
    I don't know if it's the N or the age or both. She just feels like she's on a different level.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I don't know if it's the N or the age or both. She just feels like she's on a different level.
    Well, when I seem distant with a person, it's usually because I'm not sure of them and our relationship for some reason. It may be that I don't know them that well, they've said or done something to put me on guard, etc.