• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What Are the Best Qualities of Each NF Type?

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENFP: good humor, enthusiasm, charisma, infectious optimism, generosity with opinions and resources

INFP: quirky quips, artistic merit, childlike in a good way, sensitivity and willingness to sacrifice for loved ones

INFJ: cheeky, thoughtful, smart, good conversationalists, compelling iron fist/velvet glove dichotomy

ENFJ: (i don't know any)

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Since there seemed to be a little competition between Fe vs. Fi and such awhile back, I thought it would be cool to think of the best qualities.

ENFJ- charismatic leader types
ENFP- Innovative Motivators
INFP- values the individual, great listeners
INFJ- the ability to figure out what people are feeling and thinking

Some probably overlap...

I think your descriptions of INFP and INFJ are pretty much interchangeable.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yeah, why can't INFPs figure out what people are feeling and thinking? That's what I do mainly to solve problems around people and settle disputes...

G

Glycerine

Yeah, why can't INFPs figure out what people are feeling and thinking? That's what I do mainly to solve problems around people and settle disputes...
Guys,
Why do you NFPs have the "Well, I do the same thing" syndrome? ;) It must be the endless possibilities thing. :D

If you look closely at the OP, I wrote that some probably overlap.

EDIT: that probably sounded condescending but I addressed that issue in the OP. :)

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

Er, you think you figure out what people are feeling and thinking. I don't know you personally, so I'm in no place to label you, but INFJs have an uncanny ability to pick up minor emotional 'vibes' from other people with no evidence to back it up.

ENFJs:
Good - Extremely caring, loud, hilarious, intimidating just for the hell of it.
Bad - Irrational, won't care for themselves.

ENFPs:
Good - Abstract, random, also hilarious, always thinking up possible situations, unique style.
Bad - Paranoid, holds grudges.

INFJs:
Good - Insane inner world, deep, loving (even if we don't show it!).
Bad - Trust issues, detached from reality.

INFPs:
Good - Different to be different, always helpful, caring, crazy inside.
Bad - Takes things too personally, unable to let go of things.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Er, you think you figure out what people are feeling and thinking. I don't know you personally, so I'm in no place to label you, but INFJs have an uncanny ability to pick up minor emotional 'vibes' from other people with no evidence to back it up.

Why couldn't INFPs do this too (I do it)? Isn't this a universal NF trait?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yup, we just do it in different ways. End result is similar,with slight differences in focus.

ENFJ: Great leaders with a silver tongue and awesome at keeping a group together and happy. It's utterly amazing to see them work a crowd and get everyone on board.

INFJ: Often able to make someone feel at ease by doing or saying something that doesn't even get noticed, just coz they can intuit exactly what it is that person needs at that time. Are naturals at lightening someone elses burden.

ENFP: Awesome catalysts, great at lightening the general mood and influencing the mood of others. Their own moods tend to be contagious to others and they often inspire people with their presence.

INFP: The quiet listener, great one on one when someone really needs to talk and sort through their emotions, gaining understanding about who they really are.

S

Sniffles

ENFP: Awesome catalysts, great at lightening the general mood and influencing the mood of others. Their own moods tend to be contagious to others and they often inspire people with their presence.
I certainly agree very much with this; although on the negative your endless enthusaism can be quite overwhelming at times. ;)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I certainly agree very much with this; although on the negative your endless enthusaism can be quite overwhelming at times. ;)

Little tip: it's not endless ;)

Also, per request it is easily curbed :D
Even I enjoy a break once a while...

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFPs:
Good - Different to be different, always helpful, caring, crazy inside.
Bad - Takes things too personally, unable to let go of things.

How come when people list so-called "postives" for INFPs they often sound a bit snide and condescending and negative?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
ENFPs:
Good - Abstract, random, also hilarious, always thinking up possible situations, unique style.
Bad - Paranoid, holds grudges.

Are you talking about me?!?!?!?

I'll remember this!!!!

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why couldn't INFPs do this too (I do it)? Isn't this a universal NF trait?

I think the OP was just highlighting the fact that Ni in particular works in identifying the unseen and Fe in particular works in understanding the feelings of others. It's similar to when people say that INFPs under their own feelings better than INFJs understanding their own feelings, because Fi works internally. Of course there is plenty of overlap, but it's speaking in generalities.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I think the OP was just highlighting the fact that Ni in particular works in identifying the unseen and Fe in particular works in understanding the feelings of others. It's similar to when people say that INFPs under their own feelings better than INFJs understanding their own feelings, because Fi works internally. Of course there is plenty of overlap, but it's speaking in generalities.

To support INFPs. Fi analyses the unseen and unspoken. Ne gives the clearest perceptual understanding of surroundings. So INFP is one who can clearly analyse the unsaid and unseen, and has that backed up with clear perception and understanding of surroundings. If I went just by type logic I see no reason why they wouldn't be quite cluey about others. Reality seems to say they are very cluey. Agree on the INFJ part.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
You don't need to support INFPs...no one is going against them :)

Source? I've never seen this used to describe Fi. Remember it is a judging function.

If you've ever taken function tests. The Ni question is predict future based on unseen trends. The Fi one is evaluate most important unsaid and unseen.

Also remember Fi works below emotion level. In the extroverted function world F corresponds to emotions. That's what exists in your upper consciousness and on the faces of others. Fi more deals with what causes them. So your idea of F as a feeling function can't directly translate to an NFP. Like the chance the words happy and sad come into my analysis of things is about zero.

Try here for a ref: Cognitive processes

Oh yeh, the first one for Ne is "notice hidden meaning" also :).

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you've ever taken function tests. The Ni question is predict future based on unseen trends. The Fi one is evaluate most important unsaid and unseen.
This as a description of Fi from a cognitive functions test:

Fi : Evaluating; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.

Oh, I see in your link where you got that description from. But it says "evaluates" and I said "identifies" for Ni. So it's completely possible that Fi evaluates while Ni identifies and thus your statements don't actually contradict mine.

So your idea of F as a feeling function can't directly translate to an NFP.
You're assuming I'm basing my ideas on my personal experiences...why?

EDIT: On second look, scratch that. The link says Fi analyzes unsaid and unseen feelings. Which I agree with. But Ni is not about feelings and I was referring to the unseen in general.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, basically we can all agree with NFs can figure out how people are feeling and what they are thinking, but they all do it in a very different way.

NFisNF

MBTI Type
INFJ
This forum feels weird. I'm so tempted to just be a fly on the wall but I also want to feel involved. I should just wait until I actually know what I'm talking about. Or maybe I should just say that I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm here, though.

ENFP: Mind the flock.
INFP: Flexible and deeeeep.
ENFJ: Opening and inclusive.
INFJ: We're weird. Mostly in a good way. Rare because the world would fall apart if it was just us. It would be an interesting apocalypse, though.