Thread: NFs and smilies

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    ^that would have been a perfect time for you to break out in song. A song about togetherness.
    Poor sweet uncomfortable ajblaise
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Poor sweet uncomfortable ajblaise
    You know you're getting awfully rowdy in this thread... Is it just cuz we're in the NF Idyllic on your turf?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    You know you're getting awfully rowdy in this thread... Is it just cuz we're in the NF Idyllic on your turf?
    Mmm, hadn't even considered that...So no, that's not it
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    This is what I wanted to hear. You can only(more or less) speak F language.
    I suck at that language but I wasn't sure about how is it when it comes to other way around.

So there is no way that you can talk to someone and be interested only in facts (or lies) that come out of their mouth?
    okay...that's not true at all for me. it depends on the situation...if i'm trying to learn something...purely factual...a job...a new skill of some kind...no...my feelings are not involved...but i think we involve our feelings more then you would...like on this site the motivation for me is different...i'm not just interested in taking in information...i'm interested in the human aspect...i want to know the processes behind the thoughts/ feelings...so i can't separate them here.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

This is what I wanted to hear. You can only(more or less) speak F language.
    I suck at that language but I wasn't sure about how is it when it comes to other way around.

So there is no way that you can talk to someone and be interested only in facts (or lies) that come out of their mouth?
    Why would I want to limit myself that way? But yes, those situations do exist. When I go to a lecture with 100 other people, I'm not there coz I'd like to know the professor's motives for teaching the class. Granted, I'll take his personality on board as it will tell me what he considers important and what he's like, enhancing my chances with the finals, but suppose there is no final? No, I won't care. The same goes for a situation where I only need to see the person once in a while for a business-thing. Put me in that situation for a long time however, and I will be bored, annoyed and feeling very uncomfortable.

It's not that I don't speak the language. But it is my second 'language', which means I have to consciously access it. I have to think about it. Adn I sometimes need a bit of time to analyze and translate what you're saying to me. Done for a long time, it can cause some massive head-aches and confusion. Given time to digest, it can prove worth it though

Edit: See Ajblaise, one smiley a paragraph
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    okay...that's not true at all for me. it depends on the situation...if i'm trying to learn something...purely factual...a job...a new skill of some kind...no...my feelings are not involved...but i think we involve our feelings more then you would...like on this site the motivation for me is different...i'm not just interested in taking in information...i'm interested in the human aspect...i want to know the processes behind the thoughts/ feelings...so i can't separate them here.
    I was talking about face to face conversation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I was talking about face to face conversation.
    not socially...no.
    if i'm face to face with an instructor...and the goal is strictly to take in information then yes...but socially...just conversing with someone else...no...it's always a personal approach.

eta: i will say though...that at times i'm completely detached from my observations...i may take in personal information about someone...and not just the information they are sharing but...i don't have to be emotionally attached to it....if that makes sense.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

It's not that I don't speak the language. But it is my second 'language', which means I have to consciously access it. I have to think about it. Adn I sometimes need a bit of time to analyze and translate what you're saying to me. Done for a long time, it can cause some massive head-aches and confusion. Given time to digest, it can prove worth it though
    Of course you are, no one is 100% in things like this. When I am talking about things like this I am always talking about "clear tendency".

Do EF feel uncomfortablle talking to robots (very little body language and a lot of logic)?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Of course you are, no one is 100% in things like this. When I am talking about things like this I am always talking about "clear tendency".

Do EF feel uncomfortablle talking to robots (very little body language and a lot of logic)?
    It depends. If it is an informal situation, or I know the person somewhat already, I turn it into a game. Objective? Get a reaction out of them, any reaction. In formal situations, boss-employee, social functions etc, it is incredibly stiffling and it makes me insecure as I feel out of place
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ agreed...i will say though that for me it certainly helps if you have some underlying passion about what you're discussing...i'm much more apt to actually pay attention.
    -Jim Morrison