User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: NFs and smilies

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I guess the way I see it is, T's cut out a piece of the conversation. Yes the swapping of ideas is very fun, and something we strive for as well, but there's so much more in that conversation to be experienced and learned than just the swapping of ideas. The atmosphere between the two people can tell you a) whether the person in front of you is just being polite and humoring you or actually truthful and even passionate about his views, b) how passionate and important it is to them, which can teach you something about the person in front of you and not only the argument at hand, and c) the groupdynamics and how to handle that particular group of people in the future. Plus, we just don't like disharmony. It feels cold and unnatural.

So, yes, in all of that, the argument can sometimes become lost, if those underlying issues start to become more interesting, but most of the time, we just take it all in, I'd say. Maybe to T's it isn't an important part of the conversation. To me, it's often the most intriguing part of the conversation, and I guess I would feel like I'm missing out if I were to have to cut that out of the conversation.
    I take in and think about a) b) and c). Maybe not as much as NFs, but most Ts aren't close to being totally objective and only caring about sharing ideas.

Normally it would...somehow it feels fake though on you...try again
    That's the thing, it'd be fake if I used a bunch of smilies. <-- see?!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I take in and think about a) b) and c). Maybe not as much as NFs, but most Ts aren't close to being totally objective and only caring about sharing ideas.

That's the thing, it'd be fake if I used a bunch of smilies. <-- see?!

Actually, that was better
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    XNXP

I guess the way I see it is, T's cut out a piece of the conversation. Yes the swapping of ideas is very fun, and something we strive for as well, but there's so much more in that conversation to be experienced and learned than just the swapping of ideas. The atmosphere between the two people can tell you a) whether the person in front of you is just being polite and humoring you or actually truthful and even passionate about his views, b) how passionate and important it is to them, which can teach you something about the person in front of you and not only the argument at hand, and c) the groupdynamics and how to handle that particular group of people in the future. Plus, we just don't like disharmony. It feels cold and unnatural.

So, yes, in all of that, the argument can sometimes become lost, if those underlying issues start to become more interesting, but most of the time, we just take it all in, I'd say. Maybe to T's it isn't an important part of the conversation. To me, it's often the most intriguing part of the conversation, and I guess I would feel like I'm missing out if I were to have to cut that out of the conversation.
    +1
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    INTP

Actually, that was better

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    +1
    Kuranes, you're such a traitor! Don't you miss the days when you were a INTP?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Kuranes, you're such a traitor! Don't you miss the days when you were a INTP?
    Awww, it's not about loyalty! It's about understanding each other, remember?

Kuranes, you're a sweety for getting it
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    ^^ interesting...and i'll see if i can answer from my pov.

i think the majority of time...i try to understand first the motivation behind the point...where they are coming from...i think i need a clear picture of that before i can hear what they are saying...so i take it all in as one big picture then decipher the meaning through the details...and...you know what's funny...is i didn't even know that until i just typed it...haha...that's WEIRD!
    I can't say I am supprised. For a long time I see this tendency in Fs but I am not sure why they do this. They are probably just build this way.

How hard is it for you(Fs) to take a pure T approach?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I can't say I am supprised. For a long time I see this tendency in Fs but I am not sure why they do this. They are probably just build this way.

How hard is it for you(Fs) to take a pure T approach?
    How hard was it for you to learn and speak fluent English? And even now that you do, is it as easy as speaking your native tongue?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INTP

Awww, it's not about loyalty! It's about understanding each other, remember?
    ^that would have been a perfect time for you to break out in song. A song about togetherness.

How hard was it for you to learn and speak fluent English? And even now that you do, is it as easy as speaking your native tongue?
    This is what I wanted to hear. You can only(more or less) speak F language.
    I suck at that language but I wasn't sure about how is it when it comes to other way around.

So there is no way that you can talk to someone and be interested only in facts (or lies) that come out of their mouth?