User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: NFs and smilies

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Oh feel free to risk people not getting your jokes and be offended coz you're lazy about your communication skills
    It'll be a blast to watch
    I'm an INTP, we don't come equipped with communication skills. So it won't be my fault, I just don't know any better!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I'm an INTP, we don't come equipped with communication skills. So it won't be my fault, I just don't know any better!
    Mmm, so that means I can go: I'm an ENFP, I don't come equipped with the standard issued type of logic. So it's not my fault your logic is illogical to me as I don't know any better!

Interesting....*ponders*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP

Mmm, so that means I can go: I'm an ENFP, I don't come equipped with the standard issued type of logic. So it's not my fault your logic is illogical to me as I don't know any better!

Interesting....*ponders*
    You don't have have to say that, it's obvious enough.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

You don't have have to say that, it's obvious enough.
    I've yet to see an INTP actually accomodate me and talk my own feeling language instead though or teach me their language for that matter

I know you're used to the NF's accomodating you guys, but I think I'll pass this time.

Therefore:

Communication skills 101:

a)In order to know which smiley to use, check face in mirror.

b)In order to use smiley, just click on said smiley.

c) Reread text, and add at least one smiley per paragraph
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

There are some interesting replys here.

Well the thing is that as the T grows you are more and more generally unemotional.
    So when Ts talk to each other they are not interested in what other person is feeling.
    Unless topic is about feelings or entire thing will obviously have emotional impact.

But if it happens that two expressed Ts talk to each other they will take a freedom not to use feelings. They are interested in ideas and information, what the other person is feeling is totally unsignificant here(to them). Both sides made a pact about it but a treaty was never singed. Then a F comes in and ends up frustrated since those two are acting like jerks. While they were just talking on a T way.
    If the topic is clearly in a T domain then Fs will understand, but if the topic is more ordinary F will have a good chance to miss the deal.

This is just how I see it.

Question for Fs

Are you in most cases interested in emotion behind some post(s)?

To me it looks that Fs can be quite interested in things like that. Even enough to miss quite large piece of an argument. It looks that it is more likely that this happens in a topic that is more T.
    Is that because you have a hard time to understand post even if you are interested in it?
    I am not talking about technical details I am talking about emotional detachment that is needed to grasp served argument.

This is actually what is the point behind this thread.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    There are some interesting replys here.

Well the thing is that as the T grows you are more and more generally unemotional.
    So when Ts talk to each other they are not interested in what other person is feeling.
    Unless topic is about feelings or entire thing will obviously have emotional impact.

But if it happens that two expressed Ts talk to each other they will take a freedom not to use feelings. They are interested in ideas and information, what the other person is feeling is totally unsignificant here(to them). Both sides made a pact about it but a treaty was never singed. Then a F comes in and ends up frustrated since those two are acting like jerks. While they were just talking on a T way.
    If the topic is clearly in a T domain then Fs will understand, but if the topic is more ordinary F will have a good chance to miss the deal.

This is just how I see it.

Question for Fs

Are you in most cases interested in emotion behind some post(s)?

To me it looks that Fs can be quite interested in things like that. Even enough to miss quite large piece of an argument. It looks that it is more likely that this happens in a topic that is more T.
    Is that because you have a hard time to understand post even if you are interested in it?
    I am not talking about technical details I am talking about emotional detachment that is needed to grasp served argument.

This is actually what is the point behind this thread.
    I guess the way I see it is, T's cut out a piece of the conversation. Yes the swapping of ideas is very fun, and something we strive for as well, but there's so much more in that conversation to be experienced and learned than just the swapping of ideas. The atmosphere between the two people can tell you a) whether the person in front of you is just being polite and humoring you or actually truthful and even passionate about his views, b) how passionate and important it is to them, which can teach you something about the person in front of you and not only the argument at hand, and c) the groupdynamics and how to handle that particular group of people in the future. Plus, we just don't like disharmony. It feels cold and unnatural.

So, yes, in all of that, the argument can sometimes become lost, if those underlying issues start to become more interesting, but most of the time, we just take it all in, I'd say. Maybe to T's it isn't an important part of the conversation. To me, it's often the most intriguing part of the conversation, and I guess I would feel like I'm missing out if I were to have to cut that out of the conversation.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INTP

I've yet to see an INTP actually accomodate me and talk my own feeling language instead though or teach me their language for that matter

I know you're used to the NF's accomodating you guys, but I think I'll pass this time.

Therefore:

Communication skills 101:

a)In order to know which smiley to use, check face in mirror.

b)In order to use smiley, just click on said smiley.

c) Reread text, and add at least one smiley per paragraph
    Okay I'll try...

Hmm does that smilie really add anything?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Okay I'll try...

Hmm does that smilie really add anything?

Normally it would...somehow it feels fake though on you...try again
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

As I suspected we (Ts and Fs) have a very different ideas about communication.
    The other letters also play a part in this as well.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ interesting...and i'll see if i can answer from my pov.

i think the majority of time...i try to understand first the motivation behind the point...where they are coming from...i think i need a clear picture of that before i can hear what they are saying...so i take it all in as one big picture then decipher the meaning through the details...and...you know what's funny...is i didn't even know that until i just typed it...haha...that's WEIRD!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison