User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    eSTP
    Socionics
    eSTp

Default Soul Piercing Stare: ENFJ Trait?

My ENFJ friend and I get along very well, and we're always at ease with each other. However, there's this one look she gives me that I simply cannot take. Fortunately, it happens rarely.

First, she locks eyes with me, and then it literally feels as if she is staring down into the depths of my wretched soul, searching, seeking... something, anything amiss. I fidget, I try to break away eye contact. I fear her turning up a false positive, and this fear usually makes me look guilty as sin anyway.

Is this an ENFJ trait?
    Power is the virtue that makes all other virtues possible.
    Youtube - Oversensitive Witches
    Scary Bedtime Prayer

MBTI
    INFJ

From my experience, yes. I can sometimes do it too though. I'll be studying someone and looking at every detail in their expressions, mannerisms, clothing, word choice, reactions, etc and I can often pinpoint their insecurities. It's amusing to me when people think I don't catch on to certain things about them and act all weird around me like they're hiding something. I'm like, "Do you not realize how obvious it is?!" However, when the ENFJs I know do this, it makes me uncomfortable...I guess it's because I wonder if they're studying me as much as I study others...because that's detailed. Then again, it can be reassuring to know that a person understands me from the start and I don't have to work as hard to prove myself.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Yes, it sounds like an NFJ thing.

I'd say it's more scary with INFJs for the most part I've been told that I do this, and I could imagine it would be pretty unnerving.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by evan View Post
    I'd say it's more scary with INFJs for the most part I've been told that I do this, and I could imagine it would be pretty unnerving.

Yeah, that's probably because we don't talk as much so all people see is a person in the corner plotting. Muahahahaha!!!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I actually do this a lot and I far away from a FJ.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I've known INTJ's to do that too...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

This sounds like me. Since my default glare is cold and pircing. Since my Fe is very weak, person is even more uncomfortable.

I actually see through people since everything what people feel is totally logical in almost all cases. I don't understand emotion itself but I am very good in finding a source and if you know source it is not too hard to know what other person is feeling.

I have even said to other people what I have concluded and what should be done to solve their problem. What people found most disturbing since
    1. they are begging that no one will see it.
    2. the fact that the person who see it is me.

I have learned that you must not do this kind of things, it scares other people too much.

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    This sounds like me. Since my default glare is cold and pircing. Since my Fe is very weak, person is even more uncomfortable.

I actually see through people since everything what people feel is totally logical in almost all cases. I don't understand emotion itself but I am very good in finding a source and if you know source it is not too hard to know what other person is feeling.

I have even said to other people what I have concluded and what should be done to solve their problem. What people found most disturbing since
    1. they are begging that no one will see it.
    2. the fact that the person who see it is me.

I have learned that you must not do this kind of things, it scares other people too much.
    This is something I manage to do aswell, but in particular situations, verification has to be made since its a hunch and can be rebutted. I don't mean to do it conciously, it just my dominant function.

I've know other ENFJs who are capable of this, so it must be a trait. Considering the people who posted it may be a Ni trait or a general Ni/Ne characteristic.

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    4w3

I've been told I do that too.. as if I didn't know :P
    But I avoid doing that to people, even if it's someone close... unless there's a reason.
    The way I see it people exhibit this behaviour for different reasons. There's different kinds of investigative stares that give me different impressions.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

I would said that this probably has to do something with Ni and IN.
    Since both groups are rare in population most of people are uncomfortable with it.
    Not to mention that those two groups overlap.