User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    infp

Default Do you move, or do people move for you?

This is only posted here because I'm NF, everyone is welcome to answer.

I just wanted to see if there was some type answer to this because I was walking, and moved out of the way for someone and started to wonder if particular types are movers or move out of my way people.

So basically which are you?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Yea stylistically. I like to exercise my athleticism in those instances and use my juke moves. It's pretty serious business, I've been known to make people lose their shoes, or break their ankles. I'm pretty agile and swift. Twinkle toes is a name I'm not too surprised by.

If I'm not energized I just go for the Heisman stiff arm.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    infp

The imagery in my head right now is hilarious. "Juke moves" must practise mine.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Yea it's kind of sad. my friends actually look out for it, they get a lot of enjoyment out of it. It's instinctive now. It's basically a facet of my INTP mind. It was how I used to practice my soccer moves - being the socially awkward aloof fool I am I thought the best time to work on them was daily interaction - the reaction time that's needed was the big pull. More authentic that way.

If I took dance classes, I'd bet I'd be pretty sick...
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

I'm a mover. I don't believe in hierarchy so there is really no reason not to, unless for some stupid reason I feel like colliding with someone.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I'm a mover. I don't believe in hierarchy so there is really no reason not to, unless for some stupid reason I feel like colliding with someone.
    Seconded. It would be really silly to bump into people just for showing that you are an alpha male. (but since I am not, it would be a lie anyway...)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post

I like to use this phenomenon as a useful experiment on myself. Sometimes I'll make a point of attempting to clear a path for myself by outward demeanor alone [eye contact, body carriage, etc.], or conversely, I'll make a conscious effort to 'make way' for even the meekest person that comes across my path.

Personally, I find the 'Mover' mindset is only slightly more difficult to maintain than the one needed for being the 'Movee'.

Also interesting to observe is the reaction caused by moving out of the way of someone who is clearly attempting to slink out of your way -- besides resulting in the typical slapstick-type "Are we dancing?" sort of exchanges, I have noticed a certain panic-like response from the folks trying to avoid notice/dominance/etc., usually followed by a brief instant of 'proud puffed-upness' after they realize I have deferred to them. This effect is more noticeable if I apologize to them excessively, avoid direct eye contact, and smile nervously at the floor.

Of course none of this works with morons yakking away loudly on their cell phones.

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    This is only posted here because I'm NF, everyone is welcome to answer.

I just wanted to see if there was some type answer to this because I was walking, and moved out of the way for someone and started to wonder if particular types are movers or move out of my way people.

It's weird -- I'm not an aggressive person, but I like to walk fast, and often people move out of my way. I apparently look as though I'm walking with a purpose.

When I'm driving, however, I move out of the way for others. I hate being aggressive behind the wheel.

Sarah

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

I normally move and actually I even walk a bit back or wait for other people to pass. I am that polite normally. It just has to do with respect, in my opinion. And normally I do respect other people, even if I don't know them. *shrug*

Sometimes I do walk fast, then neither one has to move really. But yeah, normally I do.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm a mover...even if I've got a fast pace going, I will tend to side-step to allow someone else to pass by. However, I do often run into the problem where the other person tries to move as well, winding up right back in front of me...then it turns into a sort of awkward half-box step dance where we both end up laughing like nerds, apologizing, and finally getting it right by stepping away in the opposite directions.

if this is an 'F' thing, I must come across a lot of them.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png