• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you move, or do people move for you?

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Despite being courteous "everywhere else" I also noticed last week just how rude American drivers are. They don't seem keen to let people in in traffic, and with a big vehicle often barge through lanes without leaving safe or even remotely sensible gaps!

I find it considerably worse than some other traffic nightmare places I've driven (Rome, Paris, London etc).

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Despite being courteous "everywhere else" I also noticed last week just how rude American drivers are. They don't seem keen to let people in in traffic, and with a big vehicle often barge through lanes without leaving safe or even remotely sensible gaps!

I find it considerably worse than some other traffic nightmare places I've driven (Rome, Paris, London etc).

Yep. It's particularly bad when merging lanes when the lane is going away in 20 feet and everyone else is going at high speeds and no one will let you in even though they can probably see that you're about to drive on the sidewalk/grass/smash into the guardrail if you don't move over.

Clover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't really pay attention to where I am walking so people usually move over for me. Sometimes I do it on purpose just because I don't like the way the other guy is walking towards me, like he owns the damn sidewalk or hallway or somethin'. :harhar:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA

I've noticed the people with the most dangerous cars seem to drive the least considerately. Like the big 4WDs can just flatten cars, but they often drive really pushily in traffic. I've seen one near my house crush past the windscreen when it rear ended a car and killed everyone in it. And they cause a lot of accidents by lowering visibility in traffic.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've noticed most people are oblivious when your walking behind I mean I was blocked from getting around someone and breathing down their neck (I wasn't trying to be the close, trust me) any ways I'm sure I could have stolen their wallet and they wouldn't have noticed. I'm always aware if someones behind me even if I have head phones 90% of the time I'll know someones their without looking.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I've noticed most people are oblivious when your walking behind I mean I was blocked from getting around someone and breathing down their neck (I wasn't trying to be the close, trust me) any ways I'm sure I could have stolen their wallet and they wouldn't have noticed. I'm always aware if someones behind me even if I have head phones 90% of the time I'll know someones their without looking.

Me too, the feeling creeps me out, I hate it when people get that close to me physically outside.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Me too, the feeling creeps me out, I hate it when people get that close to me physically outside.

yes, of course I don't notice half the time exactly what people are wearing so i guess it balances out because most people are so nit picky with what someone is wearing.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I move ... always annoys me why others don't do a 50/50 to avoid imminent collisions!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I move ... always annoys me why others don't do a 50/50 to avoid imminent collisions!

maybe they think either we're not solid or they think they aren't solid and can pass right through people. so they keep walking.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I kind of twist, with my shoulder in a position to intercept the person should it be required. I never expose my breastplate, as it could lead to me losing my balance. Leading with my shoulder lowers my profile so it's easier to squeeze through a tight spot, yet deliver an impact if I have to.

Steve_The_Cat

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
:run: I walk quite fast, or glide as we INFPs do, and because I make a habit of staring to the sky, with my glazed "drug user eyes", people usually step out of the way if they see me coming. If they don't have time to react, they freeze and I flow past them, just in time. My friends always shout "look out", because they think I'm going to collide with something.

I also stop cars with my Dali stare O(_)O *FREEZE*

Kanamori

You can part the crowds on Oxford St., which is often totally full of people, by just walking and not making eye contact with people, just saying.

Petite Etoile

MBTI Type
InTJ
Enneagram
i usually move out of the way, but i think that has more to do with the fact that i'm 5'2 than my type.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
This is only posted here because I'm NF, everyone is welcome to answer. :)

I just wanted to see if there was some type answer to this because I was walking, and moved out of the way for someone and started to wonder if particular types are movers or move out of my way people.

So basically which are you?

Basically I'm a mover. I could go into why but no matter..generally I move for others...

however I live in a beach town with a long boardwalk and many people from NYC come and stay in town during the summer. A lot of them are rude, obnoxious and by their body language almost demand that you move for them. I don't. It's physically draining but I've gotta do it. :( I don't expect anyone to thank me for moving..I do it because it's no big deal..but when someone expect you to move for them...don't ask me how I know...somehow my body knows and it moves almost automatically for some and stays put for others.

When the tourist go home...I'm back to being a mover for all.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA

yeh, I'm too aware of my surroundings normally if anything. I never get how you could miss that stuff, unless I'm really excited or something. If I'm just walking, what else is there that is that interesting to notice?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting. I tend to walk quite fast, and often just move where I need to instinctually to keep the pace.

I'll add to that..If you use your periph...and walk the straight line, like you're not paying attention to those directly in your path up ahead, they'll notice this and instinctively move out of the way. Just don't do it when I'm approaching!! You owe me one!! Ha.

Nickels

MBTI Type
ENTP
I defiantly never move. In highschool I would just walk at a casual pace pushing people threw the halls in my school, not only was i 6'2 at the age of 15, but I was one of the few kids who wore all black to school and wrestled at a competitive state level. So when I got a girlfriend senior year, after finding walking "with" her was way to slow, I just dragged her threw the halls in my wake. I cant imagine people not moving out of the way.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
I move. I always move. I move and apologize to the other person for being in their way. I fail.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I move, mainly because of my size/gender.

I would love for someone to respect me enough to where I'm not FORCED to move.

I've tried not moving, and people will unabashedly run into me. :(

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
big vehicle often barge through lanes without leaving safe or even remotely sensible gaps!
Where's the common courtesy here, right? I know what you mean. Where I live, cops drive in police hummers, police suburbans & police Mercedes motorcycles. Talk about frivolous spending on taxpayers' money. They don't mind driving like assholes. Btw, the people in my surrounding area vote fiscally/socially conservative. wow. haha (cough, ahem- hypo ahem- crites).

You don't know how many times I've seen suburbans & monster trucks flip over in my neighborhood. Once people start driving big cars, for whatever reasons, they think that just bc they have this 'Big' protective shell that they can just endanger anyone, including themselves, and still be okay. Hmm.. I hope they learn their lessons soon.

The car I have might look looserish, but the brains behind this vehicle knows how to manually control it pretty well. Luckily, I have a small vehicle that allows me to swerve quickly. Hehe! :laugh: So I DEFINITELY move! :smile: