• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you move, or do people move for you?

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Well I am mostly a mover, but occasionally when I'm in a foul mood I won't budge, I even got into a fight once in morocco because some guy figured being a woman I should move out of his way, and I refused. It started a fight, but his attitude is what provoked me to stand my ground.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Crowded supermarkets. That's the real test.

Do you use a trolley, a basket, or carry stuff in your hands?

I use a basket for exactly the reason that it works like a centurion's shield. I walk fast and hold the shield aloft. It lets people know you're coming and they get out of the way. (The shield doesn't work if you walk slowly though--people just bump into it.)

On the street I usually scan ahead some distance and pick a line that takes me through other people.

There is always however that challenge: there's people out there who plod along knowingly like linebackers, and they plough on through as a walking refrigerators might. What does one do about those guys?

Usually a last minute swivel by me, one shoulder forward, and knifing past the guy. Interestingly perhaps, whenever I do that I always conscious of the "ass or crotch" choice--more exactly, the decision to turn away and give your back to the guy as you knife on past, or turn toward him and present your chest. I usually go with the chest. Seems more friendly (or more aggressive--not sure.:D)

It's immature, but I take it as a point of honour to walk through oncoming scrums of men, scattering them.

The street, man--it's all one big prison yard.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm not really a mover because usually I PAY FREAKIN ATTENTION TO WHERE I'M HEADED!!! I hate it when people walk as if they are the only ones there.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ same..but i'd move if someone was about to run into me...haha...do people actually just stand there? how weird is that?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm not really a mover because usually I PAY FREAKIN ATTENTION TO WHERE I'M HEADED!!! I hate it when people walk as if they are the only ones there.

:hi:

Yeah this is me. Sorry*.

But not really...

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
^^ same..but i'd move if someone was about to run into me...haha...do people actually just stand there? how weird is that?

You mean, how badass is that. I would be specially rocky if someone was running headed my way. I'm feisty like that :tongue:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha...no you wouldn't.

wolfy

awsm
I usually pay attention. Sometimes move.

Sometimes our eyes meet and it's car less chicken.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
do people actually just stand there? how weird is that?

Yeah, believe me, they do lol it's happened to me, one man even mowed by son over when he was only 3yrs old, just walked straight into him, on purpose because my son didn't move out of his way.

That ended up in a fight, where some other man saw it happen and came over and punched the child pusher. Some people are so disgusting. :steam:

wolfy

awsm
Yeah, believe me, they do lol it's happened to me, one man even mowed by son over when he was only 3yrs old, just walked straight into him, on purpose because my son didn't move out of his way.

That ended up in a fight, where some other man saw it happen and came over and punched the child pusher. Some people are so disgusting. :steam:

What kinda freak is that. :steam:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the worst kind of freak...damn superiority complexes...i'd have to hurt him i think...haha

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
What kinda freak is that. :steam:

Down arrow non existant lol:

the worst kind of freak...damn superiority complexes...i'd have to hurt him i think...haha

Yep, that's it in a nutshell. I can't stand that overly dominating superior air in anyone, it's got to be the one thing that is bound to push all of my buttons at once.

I very rarely hate, but in those cases, I physically feel the hate.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
generally im a mover, but at rush hour on public transit it is often hard to move ie its like your a sardine. I don't like riding the bus at rush hour and avoid it if i can like two of my classes get out at rush hour so i'll probably go somewhere to study for awhile before going home.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm pretty much invisible to most people, so they carelessly barg past me. I usually end of moving whether it be on my own part, or theres.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5

That ended up in a fight, where some other man saw it happen and came over and punched the child pusher. Some people are so disgusting.
Hmnph. Some people... How disgraceful.

I almost always move out of the way for others as I'm too preoccupied to notice anything around me until it's practically right next to me or because I'm perposely avoiding people. This passage from Crime and Punishment describes me very well when I go for walks: "You walk out of your house--holding your head high--twenty paces from home you let it sink, and fold your hands behind your back. You look and evidently see nothing before nor beside you. At last you begin to moving your lips and talking to yourself, and sometimes you wave one hand and declaim, and at last stand in the middle of the road." And yes... I do talk to myself. :doh:

I move, bend, slip and slide around and through the crowds. I'm too fast for them to move and too impatient to wait. So I slide. Sliiiiiiiiiiiiiide.
On rare occasions when I'm particularily hyper I do this too. I tend to be very out of character on these days though.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
90% of the time I move away.. I'd rather just keep the peace/harmony within the environment..

If however, someone's going to be a jerkface & provoke action, ex- they leave their cart right in the MIDDLE of an aisle and see you strolling through with your cart, and they adamantly give a pretentious stare and just stand there without budging, I shove their cart aside.. I know. I can't help it. Cart-rage! :devil:

But, this rarely happens! :run: :)

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Do you move or do people move for you?

I like to use this phenomenon as a useful experiment on myself. Sometimes I'll make a point of attempting to clear a path for myself by outward demeanor alone [eye contact, body carriage, etc.], or conversely, I'll make a conscious effort to 'make way' for even the meekest person that comes across my path.

Personally, I find the 'Mover' mindset is only slightly more difficult to maintain than the one needed for being the 'Movee'.

Also interesting to observe is the reaction caused by moving out of the way of someone who is clearly attempting to slink out of your way -- besides resulting in the typical slapstick-type "Are we dancing?" sort of exchanges, I have noticed a certain panic-like response from the folks trying to avoid notice/dominance/etc., usually followed by a brief instant of 'proud puffed-upness' after they realize I have deferred to them. This effect is more noticeable if I apologize to them excessively, avoid direct eye contact, and smile nervously at the floor.

Of course none of this works with morons yakking away loudly on their cell phones. ;)

After 15 years of patiently calling out "excuse me, excuse me," and being ignored, I created a technique for getting people to move when I am racing down a street in my wheelchair. I just call out "On your left (or right, depending) in a very loud voice and zoom right past. I've gotten some very startled looks and once two women actually jumped and screamed. People with cell phones are the most problematic. Buses are another problem. People sit right in front of the wheelchair well with their feet and legs sprawled out in the aisle, so now I yell out 'Wheelchair coming through" in a loud voice as the driver pulls up to my stop--and watch them scramble to get feet and legs tucked under safely. Haven't run over anyone by accident in years; however, those with an attitude, beware!:devil:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Down arrow non existant lol:

Yep, that's it in a nutshell. I can't stand that overly dominating superior air in anyone, it's got to be the one thing that is bound to push all of my buttons at once.

I very rarely hate, but in those cases, I physically feel the hate.

I have the same over people who are full of themselves on the road. Like you are trying to just drive home and people have to try to show some power thing. Like drive your car sort your insecurities and F*** off, and change lanes if there are no cars there rather than seeing how close behind me you can get, hehe, I tend to think a lot of bad thoughts on the road when I'm tired and drive home.

Sometimes also I just want to cruise, and everyone else is in a rush for no reason. But isn't that the ENFP life.

PureWhispers

I move, but sometimes I get annoyed because it often seems like no one else ever moves and I'm the only one walking in a silly zigzag down the sidewalk. :steam:

On the other hand, sometimes I have no choice to move because I often walk fast and just zip by other people going in the same direction.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I move, but sometimes I get annoyed because it often seems like no one else ever moves and I'm the only one walking in a silly zigzag down the sidewalk. :steam:

On the other hand, sometimes I have no choice to move because I often walk fast and just zip by other people going in the same direction.

lol! me too.

Except at wal-mart when its busy. People get so aggravating. Sometimes when i'm at wal-mart I just think about how overweight, rude, loud, and gluttonous this country is. And then I just get angry and don't move for anyone. They can bump into me if they want. Everywhere else i'm courteous thoguh.