User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Despite being courteous "everywhere else" I also noticed last week just how rude American drivers are. They don't seem keen to let people in in traffic, and with a big vehicle often barge through lanes without leaving safe or even remotely sensible gaps!

I find it considerably worse than some other traffic nightmare places I've driven (Rome, Paris, London etc).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Despite being courteous "everywhere else" I also noticed last week just how rude American drivers are. They don't seem keen to let people in in traffic, and with a big vehicle often barge through lanes without leaving safe or even remotely sensible gaps!

I find it considerably worse than some other traffic nightmare places I've driven (Rome, Paris, London etc).
    Yep. It's particularly bad when merging lanes when the lane is going away in 20 feet and everyone else is going at high speeds and no one will let you in even though they can probably see that you're about to drive on the sidewalk/grass/smash into the guardrail if you don't move over.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I don't really pay attention to where I am walking so people usually move over for me. Sometimes I do it on purpose just because I don't like the way the other guy is walking towards me, like he owns the damn sidewalk or hallway or somethin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post

I've noticed the people with the most dangerous cars seem to drive the least considerately. Like the big 4WDs can just flatten cars, but they often drive really pushily in traffic. I've seen one near my house crush past the windscreen when it rear ended a car and killed everyone in it. And they cause a lot of accidents by lowering visibility in traffic.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    yupp

I've noticed most people are oblivious when your walking behind I mean I was blocked from getting around someone and breathing down their neck (I wasn't trying to be the close, trust me) any ways I'm sure I could have stolen their wallet and they wouldn't have noticed. I'm always aware if someones behind me even if I have head phones 90% of the time I'll know someones their without looking.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I've noticed most people are oblivious when your walking behind I mean I was blocked from getting around someone and breathing down their neck (I wasn't trying to be the close, trust me) any ways I'm sure I could have stolen their wallet and they wouldn't have noticed. I'm always aware if someones behind me even if I have head phones 90% of the time I'll know someones their without looking.
    Me too, the feeling creeps me out, I hate it when people get that close to me physically outside.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Me too, the feeling creeps me out, I hate it when people get that close to me physically outside.
    yes, of course I don't notice half the time exactly what people are wearing so i guess it balances out because most people are so nit picky with what someone is wearing.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I move ... always annoys me why others don't do a 50/50 to avoid imminent collisions!

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I move ... always annoys me why others don't do a 50/50 to avoid imminent collisions!
    maybe they think either we're not solid or they think they aren't solid and can pass right through people. so they keep walking.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I kind of twist, with my shoulder in a position to intercept the person should it be required. I never expose my breastplate, as it could lead to me losing my balance. Leading with my shoulder lowers my profile so it's easier to squeeze through a tight spot, yet deliver an impact if I have to.