User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The way I understand being a "feeler" is simply that I put effort into thinking how other people are feeling and how they might see the world especially when this differs from my own view. When behavior looks irrational or inexplicable to me, I step back and keep analyzing ways that it could make sense. What kinds of experiences and assumptions would justify saying or doing something. My first reaction is one of "niceness" often, primarily because it is the safest default since there are typically compelling reasons why people act in whatever way they do. This isn't a moral choice, but the one that makes the most sense in the larger context of interacting. Even though I fail at communicating this at times, it is my consistent goal. Taking the time to listen to people is the most direct way to achieve an understanding of a different perspective. Spending time interacting with expressions of people's inner realities like those found in art, music, literature, poetry, etc. is also a way to develop an understanding of the subjective world.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    well not a very romantic answer but thanks...i'm j/k
    Just picture it being said slowly in a deep raspy voice....

ThatGirl

The only way I could describe my thought process is that every circumstance starts at neutral. Each piece of the circumstance is evaluated and given yes a specific value. Feelings will be taken into account only by their cause and effect reactions and those circumstances will be evaluated as well but given no higher priority then other cause and affect senerios. Once each piece has been evaluated the tallys are taken and the solution with the greatest benifit and least consequence overall is chosen. This takes into account an enormous amount of information in regards to where are we now, how did we get there, where is this situation going, and where does it need to be.

And this happens very quickly in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Pinks funny.

But yeah, I don't understand being nice for the sake of being nice because I think I view things differently. If you go off treat others as you would have them treat you sort of thing then I think I do that. I just expect people to question things and be very blunt and clear.

What I need to learn to do is pull in the reigns a bit. i understand not everyone thinks like me, but when I try to get more feeler, its stiff and forced, and apparently awkward. Say for exapmle guy I talk to everyday walks up to me at work and says hello. I answered hows it going hows your day. He looked at me weird and walked away. Later when other friend told him about my new leaf, he yelled out, "Is that WTF was wrong with you earlier"

Now another aspect is the fact that I think more feeler people get taken advantage of all the time. I observe it a lot. So it doesnt make sense to embrase such a trait. It makes me really uncomfortable. Ultimatley reluctant. Then a little rebelious.

Its awkward and makes me want to run.
    LOL thats exactly what happens to me when I try to be F I end up making it so awkward!

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

The only way I could describe my thought process is that every circumstance starts at neutral. Each piece of the circumstance is evaluated and given yes a specific value. Feelings will be taken into account only by their cause and effect reactions and those circumstances will be evaluated as well but given no higher priority then other cause and affect senerios. Once each piece has been evaluated the tallys are taken and the solution with the greatest benifit and least consequence overall is chosen. This takes into account an enormous amount of information in regards to where are we now, how did we get there, where is this situation going, and where does it need to be.

So you say you give emotions as much credit as other factors? How do you count this? I mean I have no idea how much value I place on different things in a certain situation... I don't know if I could say that I process enormous amounts of data. Usually things are more simple. If there are terabytes of info going somewhere, I don't see much of it...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    The way I understand being a "feeler" is simply that I put effort into thinking how other people are feeling and how they might see the world especially when this differs from my own view. When behavior looks irrational or inexplicable to me, I step back and keep analyzing ways that it could make sense. What kinds of experiences and assumptions would justify saying or doing something. My first reaction is one of "niceness" often, primarily because it is the safest default since there are typically compelling reasons why people act in whatever way they do. This isn't a moral choice, but the one that makes the most sense in the larger context of interacting. Even though I fail at communicating this at times, it is my consistent goal. Taking the time to listen to people is the most direct way to achieve an understanding of a different perspective. Spending time interacting with expressions of people's inner realities like those found in art, music, literature, poetry, etc. is also a way to develop an understanding of the subjective world.
    According to ajblaise's definition, this is not necessarily "feeling".
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Honestly, I think when it all comes down to loving someone, and loving others, and just being a loving person, that F and T don't even matter..its simple.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Honestly, I think when it all comes down to living, that F and T don't even matter..its simple.
    Fixed

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Hmmm...this is different for me. I will often have an intuitive notion of what I want to do, or whether something is correct or incorrect (unless I think I don't have enough information to make a judgment), and I will step back to work through the reasons if I have to demonstrate my decision externally, which are brought into conscious relief at a subsequent point to the initial judgment. And yes, these reasons may include feelings as well (or the feelings of others, if the situation calls for it). But the reasons are all there, and a lot of the time I don't consciously behold all of them at once (meaning that they're in the back of my mind, and I may have run through them so quickly that I don't exactly consider them together at the same time, or from some grand overview sort of of position). More like lists that get instantly parsed, and then an output is given. The parsing part is often unconscious. Of course, if I have conflicting pieces of information, these may need further consideration and therefore make their way to the forefront, since they delay the output and require conscious refereeing.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Hmmm...this is different for me. I will often have an intuitive notion of what I want to do, or whether something is correct or incorrect (unless I think I don't have enough information to make a judgment), and I will step back to work through the reasons if I have to demonstrate my decision externally, which are brought into conscious relief at a subsequent point to the initial judgment. And yes, these reasons may include feelings as well (or the feelings of others, if the situation calls for it). But the reasons are all there, and a lot of the time I don't consciously behold all of them at once (meaning that they're in the back of my mind, and I may have run through them so quickly that I don't exactly consider them together at the same time, or from some grand overview sort of of position). More like lists that get instantly parsed, and then an output is given. The parsing part is often unconscious. Of course, if I have conflicting pieces of information, these may need further consideration and therefore make their way to the forefront, since they delay the output and require conscious refereeing.
    This sounds a bit more familiar to me.