User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: BiPolar?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default BiPolar?

I have been told that I may be slightly bipolar..because sometimes I'm in a very energetic mood, and am very cheery, but other times..becomming more frequently, I will act all "morose" as my dad tells me, and will really swing the other way and people will always think that something's wrong. I have also been told that I have many layers to my personality, and that I am sometimes too complex..

First off, are these symptoms if Bipolar disorder in the first place? And regardless, do other people ever act like this? I'm asking the NFs because I feel it swings towards the NF category..and if anyone of you ever feel this way. And more specifically, is this an INF{ trait?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP

You're a teenager, aren't you? Moodiness comes with the territory.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

You're a teenager, aren't you? Moodiness comes with the territory.
    Hmm..didn't put that into play, you may be right. But do other people, outside of their teenage years, feel this way?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

From what you've written, you don't sound bipolar. My theory is you're just switching between Ne-dom and Fi-dom modes (the energetic and morose moods respectively), which also happens with ENFPs. Bipolar disorder is far more severe than plain moodiness. The energetic or "manic" phase isn't just cheerfulness or hyperness... it can mean several days without needing to sleep and gluttanous behavior (promiscuity, extreme shopping sprees, etc.). Check it out: Bipolar Disorder: Signs, Symptoms, and Causes of Manic Depression

Nevertheless, when in doubt, see a doctor.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

From what you've written, you don't sound bipolar. My theory is you're just switching between Ne-dom and Fi-dom modes (the energetic and morose moods respectively), which also happens with ENFPs. Bipolar disorder is far more severe than plain moodiness. The energetic or "manic" phase isn't just cheerfulness or hyperness... it can mean several days without needing to sleep and gluttanous behavior (promiscuity, extreme shopping sprees, etc.). Check it out: Bipolar Disorder: Signs, Symptoms, and Causes of Manic Depression

Nevertheless, when in doubt, see a doctor.
    Makes sense, I was thinking it was more of an ENFP trait, switching between their normal cheery mood, and a morose mood. But thanks for the help, and Its clear to me that I'm not at all bipolar. :P

MBTI
    I

I am sort of the same. Today for example I was super energetic and euphoric, don't know why. Other times I am not as energetic and more lethargic. I also can't concentrate well, and am very restless, which are apparently symptoms for bipolar disorder.

Thing is I don't feel depressed, I'm either restless & neutral or restless & euphoric. Either way, concentration is hard - I can't focus on anything for more than 20 minutes at a time. I'm 21 by the way.

MBTI
    yupp

I've been told that i'm probably bi-polar. I laugh with a hardy har har and then take a swig of rum and go arggh eee matey I ain't no bi-polar. of course i'm wearing an eyepatch aswell, that I keep in my back pocket just in case.

no but i don't think you are bi-polar but i don't know you so maybe you are.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    no but i don't think you are bi-polar but i don't know you so maybe you are.
    Are you talking to me or OneWithSoul? What do you think about my case?

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Are you talking to me or OneWithSoul? What do you think about my case?
    both. I find myself very similar to you. and besides if it's not disrupting your life then should you get you're panties in a knot?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    both. I find myself very similar to you. and besides if it's not disrupting your life then should you get you're panties in a knot?
    I'm male, but I get your point lol.