• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Questions for and about INFPs.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
After reading this thread I must say you ENFPs have x-ray vision when it comes to us INFPs. Nice to know someone can pierce our weird outer layers a bit.

Last edited:

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?
I question everything. I am submissive if it doesn't really matter, but if it does, I'm not.
How do you respond to someone talking down to you?
I react to it, depending. It's not something I recommend.
Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?
I am. I try to turn it down, but it's still there.
Do you need a lot of attention in relationships?
Yes.
Are you really sarcastic?
Rarely, but I used to be.
Are you silly?
Hahahah!
Were you shy as a child?
Pretty shy, but I also had a big mouth. I could not tolerate injustice of any kind.
Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness?
Often. It's a good defense.
Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally?
No. I speak very clearly.
Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?
I always thought of myself as a little adult.
Are you a talented writer?
Yes.
What do you want to be when you grow up (career)?
N/A

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?
covertly rebellious.

depends on who it is, honestly. I am not the best at comebacks, though.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?
I bottle it all up like every man should.

nope.

never.

Are you silly?
no, I'm always serious.

Were you shy as a child?
yes.

yes.

sometimes.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?
no.

yes

game designer/concept artist

the_red_crusader

MBTI Type
INFP
If you are an INFP:

I constantly question authority. I always try to analysis their motives and to what end they are trying to accomplish.

It depends, if it's something that violates my values then I argue back. But even then to a point, because if I feel that arguing back will result in an endless circle of non sense I'll just stop.

I am emotional reactive. The best example is sports. When I watch sports I am very verbal and outspoken, in other words I yell and scream at the TV. I am more emotionally reactive with those I am comfortable with, I am reactive in public but not as much (for obvious reason of trying to not embarrass myself).

This I am not sure, but I feel like I dont. I feel that most of the times, I am fine figuring out and doing things on my own.

Yes all the time. Some people take this as condescending sometimes...

Are you silly?

Yes, but more to make the situation more comfortable and friendly. I am silly mostly with people I am comfortable with, or if I feel friendly with.

Were you shy as a child?

No I was not. I was always in trouble for "talking too much," or being too social in class to where I was not paying attention to school work.

Sometimes, but as someone pointed out, it's a great excuse. I am fully aware at all times of people's intentions but I act quietly if I feel that I really dont need to speak up.

No. People have said I am loud, and talk a lot.

No. Even my teachers, felt and have told me over the years that I was mentally more mature than most of my classmates.

Not to where I would say I am talented, but I love to write even as early as I can remember. Writing is a release to me.

I am not sure if this is a real thing, but I want to be a Business/Industrial Psychologist where you help businesses understand their employees from a mental and emotional stand point. Help companies develop ways to encourage harmonies and productive work environments while satisfying worker's mental and emotional growth.

Last edited:

teacups&cupcakes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
abcd
If you are an INFP:

I usually question the validity of authority and if I should listen to them or not. Despite this, I am pretty submissive but I will quietly disagree with them and do something a bit different.

It depends on my mood but sometimes I find it humourous but at other times, I feel offended.

I'm not usually emotionally reactive in public because I dislike too much attention shown towards me and as a result, most people see me as a calm and easy going person. If I'm alone or someone I'm really comfortable with then I can be emotionally reactive.

I've never been in a romantic relationship but in other relationships, I don't think I require that much attention as long as they will listen to me with an open mind.

Yes, I can be really sarcastic.

Are you silly?
Only if I feel comfortable around the person or people.

Were you shy as a child?
Yes, I was very shy. I was so shy that when my teacher was playing a personality game and asked the shy people to stand up I stood up half way and then sat back down because I was too shy to stand up and let people that I was shy which they already knew I was. Hehehehe.

Sometimes.

Yes, I tend to use made up words to express myself and not finish my sentences.

Sometimes yes, sometimes not. Actually, mostly not.

I don't know. I don't think I am but I do love writing.

A director (who is also a screenwriter). I would love to see my crazy ideas come to life and it'd be great if my films resonated with someone. Human behaviour and emotions will probably be something that will be explored in most, if not all, of my films.

branflakes

MBTI Type
INFP
If you are an INFP:

Generally positively. Used to question authority a lot in high school, now I respect it much more and somewhat submissive.

I get really defensive/pissed/anxious.

In what way? I never cry around other people unless it's due to ridiculous amounts of physical pain. If I need to cry (which is extremely rare of me - I can count the number of times on one hand), I will move away from everyone to be alone.

Yes, although I think it's a little less than it used to be.

Sarcastic as in cynical? Now that I think about it.. around extraverts more so than with introverts or people like me - I can be more genuine around them.

Are you silly?

Yes, very much.

Were you shy as a child?

From what my mom tells me: yes.

Maybe. I've only been told by someone to get off my "high horse" once and that really made me resent said person.

Kinda.

I sometimes (somewhat often) will think I described something well to someone and then they'll respond with "that didn't make any sense" or "what are you talking about?" or just "what?"

Nope. I've always felt older. My mom kinda helped propagate this belief of mine by describing me as an "old soul." What the fuck does that mean, anyway?

Meh. Not as talented as some of my peers but I'd say I'm top 40 percentile.

No idea.

possibilites:
-psychologist
-acting?
-who knows

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you are an INFP:

This depends on if the authority figure can give me a good reason to follow them. If I have what I deem an acceptable or morally right or sensible reason than I'll be pretty submissive...until they want me to do something ridiculous. In all other cases I am generally resistant and dubious but only rebellious and dissenting if I feel that the leader is morally compromising others or asking me to morally compromise myself.

Badly. Ignore them first, or if they catch me on a bad day respond with something scathing. Can get pretty worked up over something like that.

Depends on what just happened, but I usually wait until I'm alone or with a person I trust very well to be my natural emotionally reactive self.

Maybe? I don't enter into a lot of relationships. I try not to be demanding but if I let myself be myself in one I would be.

Somewhat

Are you silly?
Somewhat

Were you shy as a child?
No, that came with adolescence.

I'm not usually reserved, but when I am, yes.

Depends on the language, lol. Not usually.

No. Though more often recently.

Writer? Yes. Talented? I don't think so...

A good person.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do they ever talk too much or too little?
Neither. It sort of depends on how comfortable they feel around you.

Do they seem stuck up?
No, not the ones I've met anyways.

Do they seem aloof or just quiet and reserved?
At first they can be quite aloof but as you get to know them they are much more open. Depends on how much you trust them.

Do you think they come off as emotionally unstable?
The ones I know are probably the most emotionally stable people I've met. Any type can be emotionally unstable. I think a lot of people would confuse their sensitivity with emotional instability. To me they just come off as very empathetic, and there's nothing wrong with that.

In general, how would you profile a male INFP?
I only know one male INFP. Very in tune with other people's emotions. Amusing in their own quirky way. Very caring. Worries about other people a lot. Creative and imaginative. Doesn't have a lot of self belief (which is frustrating because they should).

In general, how would you profile a female INFP?
Based on how my INFP sister behaves, comes across as calm, laid-back and very reserved. But if you search deeper there's a very loving personality. Very imaginative, often goes into her own little world. Not anywhere near as apathetic as she comes across.

What do you think of INFPs as coworkers, subordinates, or authority figures?
They're pleasant folk. In positions of authority I think it would be easy for them to get walked all over by bigger personalities though.

How do you view INFPs in romantic relationships

Ideal partner. Geniunely caring. Loves very deeply, there's never a time where you feel unloved or doubt that they care at all. Can tell them anything as they are very accepting. Can be quite private and they shove their feelings to one side to focus on others, sometimes to the point where they neglect their own needs. Very romantic, have a knack for making you feel special. I think everyone should have their very own INFP :)

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Doesn't have a lot of self belief (which is frustrating because they should).

Very romantic, have a knack for making you feel special. I think everyone should have their very own INFP :)

Your post has done wonders for my self-belief :D

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
If you are an INFP:

I question authority a lot. However, when I realize it is a person which is "true" and in general is a good person, I will feel lots of symphaty, sometimes even admiring. But I will never take something for granted just because an authority person is saying it.

However, I did not have lots of trouble with teachers at school. When I really don't like a person, I will be silently angry mostly.

Hard to say. Very badly though. Either will do so as if I don't care, maybe go away. Sometimes reacting VERY harsh.

When I am in happy mood, yes, I will be reactive, but in a weak form, so mostly quiet, smiling when having fun or quietly laughing. With people I feel very comfortable with I can be more reactive, but still not like other people often. People often tell me that; some which don't know me better think I am just very cold or unemotional.

When being in sad mood, I am very reserved and calm, barely talkative, extremely shy, avoiding eye contact, very introverted.

Did not have a real romantic relationship, so can only say what it is with usual friends. I think I need a good amount of attention, but I would never admit it to them. In fact, I do so as if I don't need, even though I feel totally different. I want people paying attention to me from their own intention.

But when there is too much attention from too many people, I feel very awkward. It has to be in balance.

Yes, I can be very sarcastic. I think some people which know me good think I have a talent for it too.

Are you silly?

When feeling very comfortable and I know I am with people which understand my sense of humour, I am often very silly (maybe more silly than serious sometimes :p), and I really enjoy it. I love making people laugh, as long as I know they don't laugh about me because they think I am stupid.

Were you shy as a child?

Hard to say, maybe only a bit when I was very small. I became much more shy later and still am.

Yes, many do, and many told me. People which know me better recognize I am not, but some still tell me that I make such an impression on people which don't know me good.

Yes, often. In written form it is much easier.

I always thought I was mentally more mature than people in my same age.

I don't know. I think I can express myself somewhat in written form, but I don't know whether other people see me as talented.

I am studying business informatics. Don't know what exactly I will do then later, I think I saw me more in an advisory position. But sometimes I think being a professor could be fun too, but then I think I am too shy for it maybe.

I sometimes think it could have been also fun to be a lawyer / psychologist / philosopher / politician.

InFsheeP

MBTI Type
INFP
Were you shy as a child?
I duno... maybe not as much.. because when I was little, talking to others felt like talking to myself coz I dont care how they react I just want them to know what I think and I was always in my own little world, so i duno~~
I was, but as I grow, I became too lazy to write~~ so not anymore~~ But if I can turn my ideas into words, I bet the sales record would even surpass twilight XDD
yes, constant reaffirmation is essential! though instead of telling me 'i love you' 10bn times, (I will get suspicious ...) I prefer the person shows it through action.
Depends on my mood.... if it's someone I don care about I can brush it off easily, but sometimes I can get really upset for no reason... eg if a passer by tells me to f off for no reason... i get upset??!? o_O
yup........maybe i need to smile a bit more..
Are you silly?
extrememly..... i become an enfp/esfp when i am with close friends, otherwise........ I am extremely serious and people get affraid of me..
Are you very emotionally reactive?
Yes, but not at the time...... like a day later....

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was, but as I grow, I became too lazy to write~~ so not anymore~~ But if I can turn my ideas into words, I bet the sales record would even surpass twilight XDD

It's not about ideas any more, it's all marketing. :)

the_red_crusader

MBTI Type
INFP
It is enlightening to see so many INFP voicing their desire to write or be a writer. I thought it was just me or how I grew up.

I am certain now that it has to do with the more internalizing aspect of an INFP. It seems INFPs need a way to turn those internal iNtuitive Feeling types discussions into thoughts on paper, I honestly think its a release so you dont seem like you're always living in your own head.

InFsheeP

MBTI Type
INFP
It is enlightening to see so many INFP voicing their desire to write or be a writer. I thought it was just me or how I grew up.

I am certain now that it has to do with the more internalizing aspect of an INFP. It seems INFPs need a way to turn those internal iNtuitive Feeling types discussions into thoughts on paper, I honestly think its a release so you dont seem like you're always living in your own head.

yupyup! but the problem is that I always find it hard to verbalise my ideas... they are just too abstract and all over the place... so drawing would be better.. though I am not good with hand eye coordination either..................

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
yupyup! but the problem is that I always find it hard to verbalise my ideas... they are just too abstract and all over the place... so drawing would be better.. though I am not good with hand eye coordination either..................

I feel the same way, so I'm trying to become a better artist. Maybe one day I'll be able to draw what I see in my head....

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
INFP writers tend to make the common set par for writing seem pathetically low (as far as comparison to other students in schools and such).