User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Algora J View Post
    I'm not an INFP but I like your questions.
    Out of curiosity: What type are you?
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Do they ever talk too much or too little?

Generally too little. They remain quiet and observant - interested in what is going on, but unless you're one-on-one with them, they tend not too offer their opinion too freely.

Do they seem stuck up?

No. At worst they seem self-critical, unhappy with themselves. At best, easygoing and warm, if not particularly gregarious.

Do they seem aloof or just quiet and reserved?

Maybe a little aloof, but I'm sure they don't mean it. Quiet and reserved is more accurate. They just frequently get lost in their own little worlds - and as soon as you speak to them that illusion of aloofness is gone.

Do you think they come off as emotionally unstable?

Um, a little bit, yes. More than once I've worried about the mental health of an INFP friend of mine. Usually it's more of a concern when you see their writing, because it comes with all the angst and without any of the warmth which usually mediates it. But they do have a tendency to go through 'dark' periods, which are very dark indeed.

In general, how would you profile a male INFP?

Even-tempered, calm, friendly, warm. Intelligent but modest. Generally serious, but with a sly humour and silliness that surfaces unexpectedly. Intense and involved with things that catch their interest - can be quite firm-handed when they believe in something so much and want to express that to you. Imaginative, a little dreamy. "Old souls".

In general, how would you profile a female INFP?

Modest, unassuming. Self-doubts a lot, and can get caught in critical loops of thought. When in a good mood, just adorable. Sweet and silly. Intelligent and observant - very intersted in people and getting to the bottom of relationships and inter-personal dynamics. Definitely underestimates herself, and prone to insecurity. Believes wholeheartedly in things, but doesn't usually push it on you.

What do you think of INFPs as coworkers, subordinates, or authority figures?

I don't think I've worked with any INFPs - at least as far as I know. I assume they would be fairly unassuming and fly under the radar, and you probably wouldn't notice them most of the time. Might grumble to themselves about the workload, but will do it without argument.

From the few times an INFP has been directing me, I notice they have to tendency to micro-manage, especially if they're enthusiastic about the subject at hand.

How do you view INFPs in romantic relationships?

An INFP in a good relationship is fantastic - it breaks them out of their tendency to be self-critical and doubt themselves, and lets their adorable, silly, charming side peek out a little more. Of course, on the other side, a bad relationship can plunge and INFP back down into those dark depths, which always makes me worry about them.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INXX

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?

I definitely question authority, but I believe that I usually appear outwardly submissive to those who do not know me well and those I do not confide in. I.e., in the workplace, I had to follow the procedures even when the procedures did not make sense, and I had to defer to certain managers even when I did not respect those managers' decisions and opinions. But then I critiqued and made fun of them with friends over lunch.

How do you respond to someone talking down to you?

It depends on the setting and the situation. There are times I choose to overlook it because I don't want to ruin a mood or detract from a good time. There are times I swallow my pride because I have to stay on somebody's good side to get by in life. Then there are times I may become volatile, especially if I'm feeling particularly worn down and don't feel like I can afford to be cut down further, and especially if it is in a private setting with somebody close to me.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?

No; I play it calm, cool and collected. When I cry, which is rare, I cry in private.

Do you need a lot of attention in relationships?

No. The first year my husband played World of Warcraft, I got approximately no attention. I used the opportunity to work on my web site and novel.

Are you really sarcastic?

I am with my husband and friends when discussing other people or subjects.

Are you silly?

I used to be. Now I'm not so much. Work and motherhood have made me more sober.

Were you shy as a child?

Oh, yes, painfully so.

Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness?

I don't think so.

Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally?

It depends on what I'm trying to express. I can be very articulate, but sometimes I need more time to process, more time than people give me. Sometimes I am going for a word beyond the trite and obvious and taking a little more time to reach for it. Sometimes I am starting out vague, in a big wide circle, and closing in on something gradually. Sometimes I'm trying to dumb down what I want to say, and I'm having trouble doing it. Sometimes I'm trying to get non-linear content into words, to convey more relationships. Sometimes I have a feel for things, but not in a way that is easily translated into words. And sometimes I don't want to put things into words, because the words somehow kill the spontaneity or flow.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?

No, as a child and teen, I felt more mentally mature than my peers, especially as a teen.

Are you a talented writer?

Yes, I've always been complimented on my writing, and I've always found writing easy.

What do you want to be when you grow up (career)?

There is not yet a word for what I want to be. It is a combination of writer, artist and programmer. The medium is the web. "Authorpreneur" comes closest.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive? I am submissive on the outside, but that doesn't mean I don't question them in my head or amongst my peers. I like to stay in the shadows but if someone in power does something unjust I will call them out on it.

How do you respond to someone talking down to you? I either flare up or ignore it.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with? I react emotionally to things like sad movies or unjust acts in public, but anything personal I keep to myself, meaning I don't break down and cry in the arms of my friends or family when something bad happens to me.

Do you need a lot of attention in relationships? No, not really.

Are you really sarcastic? No.

Are you silly? Sometimes, usually not on purpose.

Were you shy as a child?
    Extremely shy.

Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness? I am not sure, you would have to ask them.

Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally? Yes, but I get by on small talk.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers? No.

Are you a talented writer? I don't write.

What do you want to be when you grow up (career)? Unsure.

MBTI
    INFP

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive? I question them if I feel that they're trying to manipulate me, or if what they want me to do goes against what I want to do. that's on a personal level, I mean. In the workplace i'd be submissive, but I'd still joke about their ineptitude.

How do you respond to someone talking down to you? Feel extremely disgusted. i guess it shows.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with? I cry a lot when I watch sad movies/dramas/anime. does that count? Anyway I'm rather cool and calm usually.

Do you need a lot of attention in relationships? nope. just need to know that the other party doesn't dislike me.

Are you really sarcastic? used to be, but now, no. It doesn't really achieve anything.

Are you silly? Used to be. but due to peer/family pressure it's more or less gone now. only crops up with non-sequiturs and fascinations with seemingly ordinary objects. (like a clothespin for eg.)

Were you shy as a child? err....yes and no. before puberty I got to know everybody in my class and acquired acquaintances throughout the whole cohort. but during and after puberty I closed up and became reclusive.

Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness? yes! my sisters say my cousins perceive me as arrogant. like, hello? I have an inferiority complex here.

Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally? yes. everything will seem alright in my head but when I try to put them into words I just can't. Worst case was when I said a sentence using only nouns and adjectives. Can't remember the exact wording but it felt like japanese(no I was speaking english) minus all the particles.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers? erm I felt retarded.

Are you a talented writer? my writing has been praised a few times, but no I don't have any particular writing talent that others don't already have.

What do you want to be when you grow up (career)? a doctor or a therapist. But I think anything is okay actually.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    Out of curiosity: What type are you?
    I've taken the test several times. 4 times ENTJ on different tests, 2 times ENTP on others.

MBTI
    INFP

If you are an INFP:

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?

I was very respectful as a kid, now, as an adult, knowing how screwed up things are, I question authority at every turn. It seems like most of the time, authority gets wielded by the exact wrong person to wield it.

I get angry, I call them out. I react inside with deep passion and anger. I don't let half of what I could say or do out though.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?

I can be reactive, I don't like to show many emotions at all in public, I got a lot of crap as a kid for being a crybaby, for letting out how I felt. I try to bottle it up, and express my feelings in other ways. I love to write poems, and I try to express myself fully with them, instead of letting them blurt out everywhere.

Yes, I need someone to hold me and tell me the world will be OK, and that by extension, I'll be OK.

Yes, and cynical too.

Are you silly?

Sometimes.

Were you shy as a child?

I was very shy as a kid. Had a hard time being assertive or anything. I was terrified of people as a kid, got made fun of a lot, teased.

They mistake it for a lot of things. I was told I can seem condescending when I talk to people. I don't try to be, if someone wants to talk about something, I talk, I don't hold much information back.

Sometimes. I don't really know what I want from the big game called "life", other than I want to feel at peace inside, which I can hardly even imagine, to be honest.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?

Hehe. I feel like an old man, and I'm only 23. It was worse in High School, I felt like I was not just an older soul, I felt like I was from a different planet.

I'm told I am, but I don't know if I believe that or not. My writings, under analysis, get ripped apart. I'm feeling kind of vulnerable about it right now, as is.

I want to write for a living, but I don't know if I have the stuff to do it. I'm scared to face the question, because I can't imagine much else I can do, at the current moment.

MBTI
    INTJ

If you are not an INFP:

Do they ever talk too much or too little?
    If they fit either extreme, it'd be the "too little."

Do they seem stuck up?
    I've only ever met one that I'd call arrogant. So, generally not.

Do they seem aloof or just quiet and reserved?
    A few seem reserved, many seem shy.

Do you think they come off as emotionally unstable?
    Not unless they actually have a psychological disorder, and it's obvious they do Even then, that's not necessarily something that scares me away from them.

In general, how would you profile a male INFP?
    Artsy, maybe "emo" in his younger days, musical, dislikes confrontation, very creative

In general, how would you profile a female INFP?
    Dreamy, random, odd but in a good way. Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter is a classic female INFP.

What do you think of INFPs as coworkers, subordinates, or authority figures?
    My work experience is limited, as I'm young and still in graduate school.... however, I'd imagine I wouldn't mind having an INFP boss so long as (s)he was morally upright and professional.

How do you view INFPs in romantic relationships?
    The arrogant one was one I'd dated and nearly gotten engaged to, before things turned sour So I can't say I have a positive impression, haha.
    j'adore les chats

MBTI
    INFP

I wouldn't call myself "submissive". But I'm quiet. I don't feel the need to question anybody unless necessary. I mostly distrust authority figures, but mostly I show this (I mean I don't show this ) by simply detaching myself from them; I try to keep cool and professional. If I feel that an authority figure is being unfair then I step up. Which confuses them an awful lot, since I'm usually quiet and not a troublemaker. I tend to resist anyone who tries to boss me around, but if the authority is benevolent then I can live with it.

I cry LOL. Well, I used to. Now...it depends how bad it is. I might simply become slightly sarcastic, or get an holier-than-thou attitude towards them. Inside I'm mostly hurt and I have to revise my whole perspective of life. If it resists the strain, then okay. If not, it's time to have a breakdown.
    I always give people the possibility to mend up, I believe in the power of excuses and contrition. If they do, then I can try to deal with them again. if not then I shut all emotional communications with them, I become sarcastic first, then there's a phase of despising them, then despising becomes pity, and I'm usually formally polite to them. Both to show that you can be civil towards people you don't like, and to give them another possibility to mend up when they see how civil I am.

Very reactive, but I'm not sure if others see it. I say that nowadays I'm more balanced, being 29 and medicated , as a teenager I used to have more outbursts. People said both that I was "very hard to read" and "too emotional"; so I wasn't/am often reactive in public but I was very much reactive in public. Crying in front of the class etc...as a child I was also angry. I almost hit another child with a desk and sometimes I used to slap bullies around.

With those I'm comfortable with obviously I'm more relaxed, which in turn means I tend to have less outbursts.

I need space and affection. I need respect. Lot of attention as in lots of kissing and showing of affection...no. But I need loyalty and I want to be, if not the only woman, the woman my partner cherish the most. But he actually can show this better by leaving me free to be myself and not being too sappy.
    I also like cuddling though.

I'm really ironic. I'm sarcastic sometimes. See my reply to "How do you respond to someone talking down to you?"

Are you silly?

absurdily silly. I have the theory that only smart people can really be silly.

Were you shy as a child?

Not at all. I used to talk to people in restaurants, perform in public etc...but I was introverted, so my teachers said I was antisocial. Which was bullishit. I was introverted and bullied, so I couldn't really play along with others. Because of that I became shy in my pre-teen and teenager years. I'm coming out of my shell now. Which is weird because I'm much less social than before, but I feel less shy whenever I have to be. I have a bit of social anxiety when I have to deal with public offices, in shops...but not towards people per se.

I guess it has happened. I was held back in school (cos I'm stupid ) one year, and my new school mates didn't come to welcome me like they did with other stupid-held-back people because they were told I wouldn't care anyway.

It depends. I write way better than I talk; but I wouldn't say I stammer or anything.

I felt older as a little girl, because I was more emotionally mature than others. I also felt younger because I'm a bit spoiled and live at home at 29...so both. I'm socially younger and emotionally older. Mentally and bodily I'd say I'm average.

Yes. Very much. *polishes medals*. But I tend to lack discipline.

a translator. ; writer, screenwriter etc...that kind of thing.

MBTI
    INFP

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive? If I agree with the authority it's all good, I look towards them as guidance. But if I don't agree then I tend to clash with them, especially if they're overbearing.

How do you respond to someone talking down to you? For awhile I take it, but after awhile I just tend to get aggressive towards them if they continue...

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with? If a friend makes a comment which hurts me, then I react to it definitely. I used to be emotionally reactive in public, but not as much anymore.

Do you need a lot of attention in relationships? I'm not sure. If I'm not sure if things are going alright, I need reassurance. But if things are going fine I'm okay.

Are you really sarcastic? Some of my comments are sarcastic, but I know from experience how cutting sarcasm can be so I tend to stay away from it. Sometimes I can't help myself, bit I'm never use sarcasm to hurt others.

Are you silly? Yes, definitely. I love making others laugh.

Were you shy as a child? Don't think so. I think I became shy when I was a teen.

Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness? Yeah, probably. I think I'm an aloof person half the time anyway.

Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally? Yes, definitely. Sometimes I know what I wanna say but I can't get the words out to say it so I sound very short when talking. But when I'm comfortable and my words are flowing I'm fine.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers? No. I've always felt more mature than them.

Are you a talented writer? I've been told that I am, yes.

What do you want to be when you grow up (career)? Not sure. Social worker? Something that helps others.
    Last edited by bravesthope; 06-21-2008 at 12:22 PM. Reason: tags