User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    Are INFPs the most likely type to be attracted to people of the same sex? :rolli:
    Maybe, I dunno. I don't know many INFPs irl. I'd say they're the least likely type to remain in the closet or unaware of it though. Dominant Fi doesn't allow much space for living a lie. That's just a guess though. None of the INFPs I know have revealed any attraction to people of the same sex to me.

heart on fire

Maybe this is a question for Volk to go ask over on INFPgc. Do a poll and find out how many are attracted to the same sex.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Self-analysis. Fun.

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?

I accept authority when it is useful. Leaders are needed, but many of them are the people who should not lead. I hate "army" kind of leaders and manipulative people. If you want me to do something, say it out loud, but no need to yell.

How do you respond to someone talking down to you?

Does that mean the same as being condescending? I can't stand that, but usually I'm polite and let it slide. One of the things that make me so mad that I might yell to people is when someone says "you don't understand this because you don't belong to a specific group" for example "you can't understand me because you're not woman".. Rrrr.. hate that...

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?

Yes, I am, but not in public. In fact, this is something I need to not get depressed. If I'm dumped, I bunker up in my apartment and cry for two weeks. After that I can be happy again. I need to get the feelings out somehow. Also I tend to get hysterical laughing seizures about jokes that no one else thinks are that funny. Both my laughing and crying seems odd to people so I usually try to control it. The world is not made for emotional men...

Do you need a lot of attention in relationships?

Yes. I drive all the girls away by wanting too much affection and time, too soon, too often. And other times, I might spend lots of time doing my stuff and seem cold for that. So I am either too warm or too cold, never just right.

Are you really sarcastic?

Not really. Only with people who I know will understand it.

Are you silly?

When in the right mood, yes. I tend to do some hyper-extroverted stuff with a joke as an excuse. Like... roll around the backyard naked. But not if there aren't people who will join in

Were you shy as a child?

Yes

Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness?

I come and go. Some people tolerate it, most don't.

Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally?

No. I have a hard time expressing myself to the people I can't read. I really don't trust them, and I won't tell anything important about myself to the people I don't trust.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?

Heh.. No.. I used to feel older than the other children, now I feel younger than the other adults.

Are you a talented writer?

I'm not good with words themselves, but I am good with stories.

What do you want to be when you grow up (career)?

Not really sure. Graphic designer, film editor... something visual. The problem is that I want something not too stressful, but still meaningful or artistic.

MBTI
    INFP

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?
    I have always had a fear of authority figures. As a child I would do exactly as they asked, but as I reached adulthood I began to openly question them... Nowadays they usually have to earn my trust (which I realize is very a INTP-like attitude to take; I have a weak F preference), but if they do I will always stand by them.

If I liked the person I will take it very personally, but I'll try to pretend that it didn't bug me... I'll go lick my own wounds later on. If I hated the person I won't care.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?
    I only show really strong emotion when I'm alone. When I express myself I tend to be misunderstood.

I like to have a lot of time to myself. I think that I am a little needy... I'm secretly (rofl) extremely romantic, so I can't stand it when a guy is too frigid to be touched, or when they won't open their hearts to me.

Not particularly.

Are you silly?
    Yes, but only when I'm comfortable.

Were you shy as a child?
    I was extremely loud and talkative until I started school... I was singled out by my classmates and frequently bullied... I became really shy after that.

Not really. Most people say I'm uptight.

Extremely.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?
    No, never. I'm always in a different place.

Not really, although I am extremely creative and good with stories/scenarios. I have more of a background in art and sequential storytelling than writing.

Art, psychology, creative writing.

MBTI
    INFP

I don't really trust authority until they prove to me they're worthy of it. I'm rarely ever submissive to authority unless they've earned my trust, and if I am submissive it's normally because they've found a way to manipulate me into being that. And even then I'm hostile.

That's my biggest pet peeve, I hate people being condescending to anyone - not just me . It's rude and degrading. If someone talks down to me consistently eventually I'll flame up and get mad at them but until then I normally just ignore them or jokingly (to them) completely defy whatever they want me to do - Unless they're not being overbearingly condescending and are just requesting something.

I've never honestly emotionally reactive about important things in public and some with my really close friends (but most of them gossip a lot and judge heavily - except for one. And because of that I never really trust them.) But like just with happiness and sadness I think I exaggerate in public because instinctively I don't want to reveal heavy emotions so I pull back just basic stuff like happiness. But none of my friends notice because they're all crazy hyper.

I would never tell anyone I do, but I want to know I'm valued as much as I value whoever else is in the relationship. But eventually in really close relationships, when I'm completely dependent on that other person and vice versa, I begin to get annoyed with them (this doesn't happen with everyone) and I never stop caring about them as much as I used to or anything, they just annoy me some. But then they begin to reject me, and I see cruelties probably where there really aren't any - but point is they stop caring when I still do, and that makes me feel terrible.
    So basically I like to know they reciprocate my feelings, they don't have to tell me that, or do anything like presents or whatever, I just like to know.

Extremely, but I think it's just I notice ironic things more than other people do and hypocrisy too.

Are you silly?
    Always.

Were you shy as a child?

I think I've grown more shy as I've grown older, and have also learned to fake outgoingness better so ...

I'm not reserved really to the outside world because they don't generally ask what I'm reserved about, and if they do I lie about it/avoid it (I know that's bad but I'm not big on talking about personal things with strangers.) I'm actually really hyper really but people who know me more probably would consider me aloof at times.

Yes. I have all these thoughts that make perfect sense to me but I rarely can bring them together to make sense to other people, but when I do manage other people have issues finding holes in them because I would've thought them out so much.

Not really but, like someone said earlier, I kind of adapt to the general age and personality of the people around me - to the point where sometimes even I can't understand my real intentions/personality (in a good vs. bad perspective)

I don't know, I certainly love to write, and some people so I'm good at it. But it takes so many words (as you can tell from above) for me to say what I want to say, and even then it might not translate properly from what I'm actually thinking. But most agree any essays I write about an opinion I have are really confusing, but they'll think the idea is really good once I explain it to them enough for them to understand it.

Psychologist/Psychiatrist or a vet (I love animals)

I just want to say if you're doing this for a poll or something, I'm not really (at least I don't think) your typical INFP because I have an either really developed Thinking preference (unlikely as I don't think I've evolved that much as a person), am an INFJ or INTP with a developed feeling (again unlikely), or am just totally off because I want to believe I'm an INFP and am actually an ESTJ.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Cindyrella View Post

If you are an INFP: (I think I am )

When I was younger, I always followed anyone in authority (actually, I generally followed anyone... 0_o). Now, I think that I will generally do what a person of authority say, but I may not be as willing...
    Wouldn't like it. >_> If it were someone I knew well and was a friend, I'd probably let it slide, I think. Otherwise, I'd try to avoid the person?
    WHO'S CALLING ME EMOTIONALLY REACTIVE? XP just kidding... I can be, but I think I generally try to hide emotions that aren't positive in public and from people whom I don't trust very well... ^^0
    XD Yes...
    Depends on my mood, I guess.
    Are you silly?
    Sometimes XD w00tw00t
    Were you shy as a child?
    Think so
    Possibly...
    XD Yes
    lol No
    Nope
    Don't know yet...
    This is a signature.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Both. I question authority a lot, but rarely act on it. Sometimes I do. But in ways that don't usually cause big conflict, unless it's someone I'm really close to...even then I try to avoid it. But yeah, I don't do well with authority usually.

Hard one. I don't get many people doing that to me, except myself. If it's myself, I usually just take, or sometimes I tell myself to stop thinking it. If it's someone else, I try to defend myself as best as possible, or sit there and seeth and linger in the negative-ness for awhile.

I'm very emotionally reactive, given the right (or most :P) situations. More so not in public at all really, but it has happened.

Usually, yes. Well, more so from their words, then their actions. But I also believe too much attention from the wrong personality to myself, is not usually good, so I try to avoid it.

Mostly yes, but with people I know well.

Are you silly?
    I get told that at least every other day. XD

Were you shy as a child?
    Not up until about age 8. Before that, I was fairly outspoken and outward in general. But I think the majority of kids are, but not all. But yes, ever since age 8, I've kinda always been shy, just I'm not as much as I used to be, but it's still there.

Yes, I believe so a lot actually.

I get tongue-tied in what I'm going to say (that goes for most things though o.O), or usually it's self doubt or low self confidence when it comes to that stuff. But when I do actually do well with that, I'm extremely passionate about mine and other people's feelings.

Honestly, I've kind of always felt older, but I know in some ways I kinda do act my age, just kinda. Although I'm not age interested or orientated in anyway, where I don't care what age anyone is, I usually solely judge them on character.

Eh, I hate saying I'm talented at most things, but I've been told I was. I compare myself to other people too much, and say that I'm not, but in related I think I'm most talented in writing than many other things. It's just, I need to understand fully that everyone has a different way of writing, and mine is pretty good, and unique from others.

I haven't actually decided yet. Either cosmetology, forensic anthropologist, a writer of some sort, musician, or nurse or something medical.
    "I have damaged my intellect trying to imagine why a man should want to invent a repeating clock, and how another man could be found to lust after it and buy it. The man who can guess these riddles is far on the way to guess why the human race was invented--which is another riddle which tires me."

I don't like em, but I try to fly under the radar.
    I don't like that either, but mostly I will avoid conflict. If it is somebody close to me they will hear what I think though.
    Always. But it shows just when I freak out a little. If anybody's around at all it is usually only those in my close circle.
    Yes and I need quite a bit of time alone. Yeah, it is a pain in the ass.
    Sometimes.
    Are you silly?
    Yes, but sometimes just inside the ole noggin.
    Were you shy as a child?
    A little.
    I think so.
    Sometimes, especially if I meet a new person I am attracted to.
    When I was younger yes, but now it seems everyone's passing me up.
    Not particularly, but I like to do it.
    I am not sure if I will every figure this out. I am a dabbler.

MBTI
    INFP

If you are an INFP:

I generally respect authority unless I find a reason not to. I have been known to clash strongly with authority if the person wielding it is being overbearing ... bossy ... inconsiderate ... that sort of thing. But generally authority properly wielded is not an issue. People in authority generally find me to be very co-operative ... easy to get along with and manage.

I nod my head, let them say what they have to say ... and go about my way. I don't offer any response to them. I know that I don't want anything to do with that person and don't go out of my way to help them in any shape or form.

I am generally not visibly emotionally reactive ... unless my emotion truly gets the better of me. Internally ... different story. I manage my emotions in real-time as much as possible.

I'd have to think about that for awhile. For now ... yes and no.

I'm a smart-ass, but not meanly.

Are you silly?

Quite. I'm happy playing jester if it results in delight.

Were you shy as a child?

Quite.

Sometimes, but not for long.

Only if I'm put on the spot to explain something without being given time to process my thoughts. I can be very articulate.

No

Not with fiction. Otherwise, I have received many compliments on my writing abilities.

I wanna be a rock star martial arts instructor psychologist professional poker player financial advisor life coach shaman. But everyone else doing that has had the job for like ... 20 years ... so I need some people to retire first for openings.

I'm not an INFP but I like your questions.

[B]If you are an INFP:

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?[B]

I respect those above me and who have authority over me. I try to help as much as I can and see from their perspective what is necessary to do the job right.

I tolerate it, but it really bothers me, especially if someone is attempting to treat me like a little kid. I learned though if I dress up a little, then immediately their reaction towards me would change

I prefer not to be one of those loud, annoying people in public. If I have to be emotionally reactive, then it would be in the privacy of my home.

I think without attention, relationships just fade away and die. However, I noticed that a lot of people are afraid that they want attention because they are afraid of seeming "needy".

However, I take care of myself just fine, as long as there's a man around to fix things around the house or do stuff with the car.

[B] Are you really sarcastic? [B]

In a teasing, light-hearted way, not in a mean way.

Are you silly?

Only when I'm doing bedroom dances running around half-nude.

Were you shy as a child?

Very shy. I was a mixed-race child so I always felt that I somehow never really fit in. I was always attracted to foreigners for that reason as well, it's the feeling of displacement, of being in two places at once.

Usually. That is why I have learned to smile more.

Not particularly.

I always felt I was much older than my peers. Usually I always get along with people who are older than myself. One of my best friends is in her 50s.

I always think I can be better, but I'm a tough critic on myself.

I used to think I wanted to be a lawyer, but I knew I would get burnt out if there wasn't any creative aspect to it. Basically I like socializing, meeting new people and partying.

I should probably go get an MBA.

If you are not an INFP:

Do they ever talk too much or too little?

I think most INFPs I've come across talk enough, sometimes they can be untalkative, and be in their own little world. I find it intriguing.

Do they seem stuck up?

Not particularly. They seem like lost souls though. Around an INFP, I think "they need me"

Do they seem aloof or just quiet and reserved?
    They seem tortured to me. :grin:

Do you think they come off as emotionally unstable?
    Most of the time, yes.

In general, how would you profile a male INFP?
    There's something slightly "womanish" about them, not in an effeminate way, but in the way they move, very gracefully, like a cat or ballerina. Also, they tend to be warm, radiating an intense kind of energy in which you want to know everything about them. Their eyes move with vigor and when they speak, they speak with conviction.

In general, how would you profile a female INFP?
    She seems aloof at first, a bit intimidating. Then you notice that she's very feminine. Usually INFP women are very sexual in an quiet way. They listen to your problems and only feel useful when they are helping someone.

What do you think of INFPs as coworkers, subordinates, or authority figures?

INFP coworkers are best when they are left to themselves. Usually they don't like being bothered and prefer to work alone I've noticed. As subordinates, it's really just a matter of reminding them when their deadlines are and what I need by a certain time. INFPs are best at what they do when you don't criticize them. They're very sensitive to that, and take it as a personal insult instead of the way I think NTJs would think of it as making themselves improve more. As authority figures, they would probably need a No.2 who plays the "bad cop" who reprimanded others and ordered things to be done and who put their foot down when something goes awry. INFPs are too lax to be authoritative.

How do you view INFPs in romantic relationships?

A series of one neurotic relationship after another usually involving wild sex.