User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by TK* View Post
    Do you think they come off as emotionally unstable?
    Err...yes. Some of them are the neediest and most paranoid individuals I've ever met!!! A real headache to deal with sometimes, but I think ANY type can be emotionally unstable. The unhealthy INFPs are a real eye-sore, though. The most emotionally unstable people I've met have all been really depressed INFPs. (I love you INFPs, but DAMN, when you guys get issues you guys REALLY get ISSUES!) This is not to say that ALL INFPs are this way...but the fair majority I know are a bit on the unstable side.
    I agree. I'd also like to add that emotionally unstable INFJs fit most of this description as well, except the eye-sore bit. The INFJs keep their act together outwardly no matter what it seems. Even if it's killing them. Unstable INFPs on the other hand: Anyone say crazy old cat lady yet?

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by TK* View Post
    How do you view INFPs in romantic relationships?
    My boyfriend is a INFP so I can say a great deal about this question, lol. INFPs are very complex and in romantic situations the INFP is very romantic and intense. All INFPs are healers so they usually try to connect with their partners at an empathetic level. My INFP is my soulmate. He is very dilligent about making sure our relationship is harmonious (often at the price of avoiding conflict) but usually this characteristic is a good one.
    Great to see another INFP-INFJ relationship work like that. I know some INFJs have problems understanding INFPs and vice versa, but the effort is well worth it in my opinion.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    Unstable INFPs on the other hand: Anyone say crazy old cat lady
    But yeah, seriously, INFPs can be quite emotionally volatile. When we blow, we really blow.

MBTI
    INFJ

I only know one other INFJ aside from myself. Not too much to go on, but I can totally see how a INFJ can turn into a crazy cat-lady too. I know that when I freak out about something I can blow WAAAAAAAAAAAAY past my INFP's level of crazy, lol. I'm so happy that my INFP is so patient to put up with it, lol!

But yeah, the INFJ I know might actually become a cat lady...she's 38...single...never been married...a bit on the oddball-side (eccentric like myself) and likes cats. I think she's on her way... () Nah, I kid, she's awesome.

Peace.
    I am known for being brutally honest...brace yourself.

INFJ 4w5

MBTI
    INFP

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?
    I oppose authority without hesitation if it is unjust and affecting my livelihood.

How do you respond to someone talking down to you?
    I ignore them save for offering them the few necessary responses to their inquiry.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?
    I am not.

Do you need a lot of attention in relationships?
    No, but when I get it, I would prefer it to be sincerely positive. I am a delicate flower.

Are you really sarcastic?
    Not at all.

Are you silly?
    Quite often, but seldom when it is inappropriate.

Were you shy as a child?
    Extremely.

Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness?
    Perhaps it is aloofness.

Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally?
    Never.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?
    Rarely have I felt that way.

Are you a talented writer?
    I'd like to think so. My teachers seem to agree.

What do you want to be when you grow up (career)?
    I am grown, but I aspire to be a teacher.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    I agree. I'd also like to add that emotionally unstable INFJs fit most of this description as well, except the eye-sore bit. The INFJs keep their act together outwardly no matter what it seems. Even if it's killing them. ..

Can you quote a source to back-up this statement?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Can you quote a source to back-up this statement?
    Not really, as most sources only focus on strengths. I was basing my statement on personal observations. Some of it is backed up directly or indirectly by the list of potential negative traits on this site however:
    INFJ Personal Growth
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?

I question it where it matters. Eg. at church - and they hate me for it... mwahahahaa. Okay, they don't hate, they're just irritated.
    At work, I question really stupid bureaucratic moves, but end up submitting to them because I am jaded.

It depends on their motivation. If they're doing it because they perceive that they are smarter or higher in authority when in reality we are equals, I internally raise my eyebrows, internally smile cynically, then put on my most innocent "O RLY?" expression. Though people don't tend to talk down to me.

If they do it because it's their normal method of expression and they are kind of unconsciously doing it, but they are trying to be nice, then I let it slide.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?

Externally, no. Internally, I might as well have a giant boulder inside me that knocks me around, and regularly burns or freezes as the situation sees fit. If people are around me, sometimes I vent in an overdramatic, entertaining fashion, making those around me laugh. If nobody is around, then my emotions are more subdued, but truer.

Not really. But I need a lot of reassurance that their feelings toward me have not changed - if I don't get that reassurance, I assume they have moved on and will move on myself. But I don't play games to get that reassurance. Perhaps I should.

Yes. But if it's gonna hurt someone, I won't say it, though I will chortle inwardly at my drollness.

Are you silly?

Yes. (alas, my coworkers)

Were you shy as a child?

Yes.

Yes.

If I haven't warmed up, yes, the link between my mouth and my brain gets broken.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?

No, I feel less mature. And yet more mature in other ways.

No. My prose tends to be long-winded and purple in colour.

No idea!

MBTI
    INFP

If you are an INFP:

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive? I'm generally quite passive, I like to get along. If I ever question authority I do so silently. Unless I think it's something quite unreasonable that's being demanded of me I won't really feel the need to speak out on it. Only if I really have a problem with something will I outwardly question an authority figure.

How do you respond to someone talking down to you? I get quite offended and at times I become easily defensive. But if I don't feel like I deserve being talked down to I will likely demand some respect or just, I dunno, fight back. I hate it when people don't have a good reason for talking down on me.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with? I am very emotionally reactive, but sometimes it depends. I'm still a teenager and I'm a girl so certain things called hormones or whatever easily affect how I behave. I do tend to keep reactions inside of me though, unless I'm quite comfortable. I'm quite reserved so even if I have a lot of reactions I tend to keep them to myself.

Do you need a lot of attention in relationships? No, I don't think so. I sometimes get bothered by too much attention, I'm uneasy with it. But I do need to trust people in relationships.

Are you really sarcastic? Not always, but often I can be quite sarcastic. I don't know if the point where someone can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not means your good at being sarcastic or not.

Are you silly? If I'm in a good mood I can be really silly. Sometimes I say really things. If I have the energy I act really silly. But I can be quite the opposite too.

Were you shy as a child? Sorta yea. For the most part I was. But I could warm up to people pretty quickly I think.

Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness? I dunno. They can if they don't know me well. If they know me, then they know I'm just not really talkative at times. Unless I really am being aloof.

Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally? Yes, but most usually only if I'm trying to explain some kind of thought or feeling I have. If I'm explaining a concept of a sort that's already been defined by others it's easier. Does that make sense? Words can be hard to find. And I have trouble being sincere sometimes. It kind of really depends on the situation.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers? I dunno, sorta. I've always just been confused in general about other people's thought processes, regardless of age. I mean, is mental age a question of maturity? It's not the age that I feel a difference in, just the values and interests. Those have been more different than my peers than anything else. I still feel like a child or a teenager or whatever. I probably think of myself younger than my peers want to think of themselves as. Everyone wants to grow up and do adult things. I don't really care.

Are you a talented writer? Yes, but talented doesn't really necessary translate into really good things. I love writing but sometimes I find it difficult, especially to finish things. I'm better at a few poetic phrases, but writing whole pieces, or whatnot, that is a different thing.

What do you want to be when you grow up (career)? I don't know. I hate that question. There are things I want, and then things that I can have.

MBTI
    INTJ

Are INFPs the most likely type to be attracted to people of the same sex? :rolli:

MBTI
    INFP

So - i'm an INFP.. i think. maybe these question will put me as something else entiely? =)

anyway, this thread is awesome. i really enjoyed getting to know more about you guys.. figure i would jump in too =)

- i usually follow authority, though now i question the reason behind their actions before i follow... or leave and ignore them. in regards to family, i've always wanted to make my parents happy.

- i ignore them as they aren't worth my time usually. If they piss me off enough, i politely ask them to shut the fuck up...

- when people are upset, it disturbs my vibe. i usually try to fix it right away, or i leave the environment that gives me bad vibes. it doesn't matter where it happens - i just react to negative vibes.

- no. i just need to know they care. and it holds true until they either show that they don't, or they say that they don't. as for my signficant other, i do expect a certian level of understanding. not that they understand me perfectly, but that they actively try to understand me. that's important - its how i feel love.

- my favorite sense of humor =D the more unlikely something is, the funnier it is to me. I use to tell my little cousins (about 7-10 yrs old) that i had five girlfriends on the side and that i usually have to fight women off with a stick! i love it whether they fall for it or not =) such innocent little kids.

Are you silly?

- much more so when i was younger. now i'm a bit less.

Were you shy as a child?

- i wasn't, but kids were mean and it made me become introverted. 1st grade sucks if you can't speak english very well.

- i don't know... probably not as i'm quick to smile. just have to know you're interested in chatting.

- no. i can express myself verbally just fine, but i prefer writing. i can perfect what i want to say before posting... helps me be precise about what i want to communicate.

- nope - always felt older. less now, though there are some peers who just never grow up.

- i think i have a knack for writing, but it hasn't been my focus, nor my passion. can't be good at something without at those qualities.

- i'm a software consultant right now. it seems a decent job - great access to a lot of passionate people. i originally wanted to get a phd and do research in computer science, but i got really sick of the academic life. i need action and a feeling of progress - my final year of college just seemed like a prolonged state of no growth. I do sometime fantasize about going back and getting a doctorate though... artificial intelligence and how our mind work is still a side passion of mine.