• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Questions for and about INFPs.

Zelath

MBTI Type
INfP
If you are an INFP

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?
Now that I think of it, I am quite submissive or at least compliant when it comes to authority figures. Last year I had my teacher assign me side projects that are not related to the class to do in place of normal class work (though, I would still be responsible for some of the normal classwork that I would otherwise miss). Some of the things I really did not want to do, but I didn't turn him down and did them anyway.

I am also very polite towards authority figures, I got along very well with all of my teachers throughout highschool even the ones I didn't like all that well. Of course, I didn't show that I didn't like them and continued to be polite and respectful.

How do you respond to someone talking down to you?
I generally will not react all that much and I am not one who will speak up and defend myself. I will remain silent and restrain myself from saying how I feel at least until the point where it starts to get very annoying, which then I have been told I develop an attitude.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?
No, nowhere near. I will keep everything to myself in public or when I am around people I am uncomfortable with. The only time I really ever become emotionally reactive is if I am at home or with people who I am comfortable around.

Do you need a lot of attention in relationships?
I would like to say no, but the answer is yes. I will force myself to tolerate not getting any attention for a while but it starts getting to the point where it drives me crazy and I look for someone else to talk to. I do however prefer to spend a lot of time by myself and I dislike socializing with random people quite a bit.

Are you really sarcastic?
At times I can be sarcastic, but not very often. I am always making sure I do not say the wrong thing toward others in risk of offending them. I personally despise sarcasm which is used in order to demean someone else. If someone is being sarcastic with me and insulting me I will seemingly subconsciously ignore it and take what they say at face value and respond accordingly. I generally do not get along well with people who are overly sarcastic as my reactions to their sarcasm annoys them nearly as much as their sarcastic comments annoy me.

Though, reading some of the responses from other INFPs I am reminded of a few things. I am often called a smartass and think I do use sarcasm more than I am aware of though when I do, I don't usually do it to be mean. I also love to tease some of my closer friends as they know I am doing it all in good fun without any ill-intent.

Basically it all depends greatly on my current mood on how I react. I seem to switch between INTP and INFP. When I am in a bad mood or whatever I tend to be quit cold and cynical. At times I will get to the point where people will find me annoying and I will not care, which I usually do. Sometimes I will even find it humourous and may continue going on with what I've been doing, just to get a rise out them. I have had a few of my friends that I really care about my friendship say that I was being annoying and I had to force myself to stop talking to make sure nothing I say will ruin anything between us.

Are you silly?
Yes,very much so. I love to entertain people any way that I can, even if it involves me making a fool out of myself by telling a few lame jokes here and there or changing my voice a bit to something completely ridulous.

Were you shy as a child?
From what I remember up until second grade I was very socialable and I had many friends. However at the end of second grade I was forced to swtich schools and since then I have been quite shy and hesitant to make many friends.

Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness?
Yes, well I guess with good reason. I am a very reserved person, I tend to keep all of my emotions to myself with an exception to a couple of close friends who let me vent out my frustrations (not at them, just ranting more or less). However, I am also quite aloof, I do not let many people close to me (emotionally) as I have had bad experiences with betrayal of trust and the like that were quite traumatizing. There are some people who I may be somewhat close to, but I still have to maintain a safe amount of distance. Sadly enough, this also applies to my family as I have always felt like an outcast among them and I keep to myself generally.

Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally?
Yes, very.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?
To an extent, yes. I have always gotten along quite well (possibly more than I do with people my own age group) with older people.

Are you a talented writer?
I used to enjoy writing a lot when I was younger, I used to write some stories about random things back in elementary but I haven't done that since then. However, English was always my best subject throughout high school and I typically earned decent marks. I am hard on myself when it comes to my writing, sometimes I will think that I have an awful way of wording things but I have been told I do it well.

I can express myself much easier with pen and paper than I can by any other method. I can easily say things on paper that it would take me such a long time to say verbally.

What do you want to be when you grow up (career)?
I used to want to be a lawyer and was planning on attending law school, but a few months ago I decided to major in psychology instead (I have always considered it, but never seriously). I graduated high school last year but I have yet to attend a college/university.

thejames

MBTI Type
INFP
How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?

It depends entirely on the situation. It is wise to apply the correct attitude at the correct time.

By confronting them about it immediately in an assertive manner. Someone worth my time would respond with honesty, and not attempt to dodge responsibility of their words and actions.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?

My emotions get provoked extremely easily. However, I make a constant effort to ACT on logic rather than to REACT to negative emotions. Building upon logic and reasoning should be a center-focus for every INFP, as it is our natural-born weakness.

Some may look down on us for our deep inner-feelings, but I tend to naturally dominate those characters in the field of creativity (artistically and linguistically speaking), often leaving them feeling plain and dull, despite having it easy with emotional control.

Nope. Just a healthy amount.

Actually, no. An emotional person who is really sarcastic will be more prone to passive aggressive behaviors. I do enjoy sarcastic humor coming from thinkers, but usually only when it is directed at a situation, and not at a person.

Are you silly?

Absolutely. And intelligently so (though some may consider this a paradoxical statement).

Were you shy as a child?

Yep.

I'm sure many do.

Only when trying to bring out a really complicated concept that has direct connection with my inner feelings. Otherwise I'm very adept at speaking.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?

Nope. Sometimes I feel like I "know" much more because I am very reflective and have a desire to reach the best possible conclusion in every situation while maintaining an utmost open-minded mindset.

Many would label this too serious an approach to life, but for some reason it seems to be the only one that satisfies the INFP within (it also breeds a much more satisfying and colorful brand of humor. At least that's what I think). If my deepest of opinions were openly expressed, I would probably appear prideful, assumptuous, and ironically even close-minded to many of my same-age peers.

Yes. For the amount of time and effort I put into establishing a good connection with the written english language (surprisingly minute), I would say I am very efficient at transferring my thoughts onto paper.

But then again, that's another natural INFP tendency.

A professional guitarist. I can relate intensely to artists like John Lennon and John Mayer (both are of INFP typology)

sleep

MBTI Type
INFP
If you are an INFP:

I'm generally polite and submissive. It's very easy to reassure cops that you're not up to no good if you are just quiet and unassuming. If you're doing something wrong and they catch you doing it, it's better to be quiet, polite, and honest. They'll generally let you get away with things within reason if you do so.

As far as more figurative beings of authority (elders, parents), I'm still pretty submissive if told to do something. I don't retain the same squeaky-clean politeness, but I am still respectful and casually nice when chores are brought up.

Fire with fire, generally, though it does depend on a variety of things. The person talking down to me may not have irked me quite enough to warrant unnecessary meanness, or they might have been slowly racking up dick points in my head. The latter usually gets a earful of condescension and sarcasm, while the latter usually just gets silence and a little frown/pout.

I'd say I'm pretty reactive. I feel most things before thinking them, so I usually have a mental response. That said, it's hard to get the reaction out of me unless I'm comfortable with you, and even then I don't go into a huge amount of detail. Just a remark and maybe a gesture. I'm mostly reactive towards people I really trust in occasional but long talks. My best friends and parents usually get what I'm really all about when I'm one on one with one of them just chatting with them about girls or relationships or your everyday crap.

I do.

No. Not at all. I'm such a goofy person and always nice to everyone in my humor.

For the record, that was complete asshattery. Sarcasm is one of my main outlets, and is probably why I have the small tight base of friends that I do. They're the only ones who can stand me.

Are you silly?

With friends I am very silly and ridiculous. Almost to a superfluous amount. I even do weird voices.

Were you shy as a child?

A bit. The few times I was in school, I was quiet and very nice to teachers. They put me on as teachers aids a lot in grammar school. I barely had any friends in middle school, so I was all A's, and then in 7th grade I had somewhat of a social aspect to my life so I stopped taking notes and failed math. I think I was fairly shy, though.

I don't know. People are different, and they see me a lot of different ways. Just out on the street I try to be very polite and nice to strangers and so I don't think I come of as aloof. I think I come off as shy or sheepish much more often.

Well, this has two sides to it. I can write and say things that I think very easily. This post, for instance is very well written, if I do say so myself, and at the same time it's not how I feel. It's how I think I am. An anlyzation of my feelings. When it gets down to saying things I feel or writing poetry about my notions concerning others, though, I clam up. I don't know what I would write. I generally take my feelings as law, so it's hard to express why I feel one way, or even how I feel. So, when you get down to it, yes. I do have a very hard time expressing myself.

Yes, I always have. It's a bit rude, but everybody else seems to be playing a game that doesn't make any sense to me. I tried to play for a second and I sucked, so I stopped playing, and I started to be myself. Few have really been able to get where I'm coming from, and I usually know where others are emotionally, so it kind of translates to a sort of mature feeling. The power to see how dumb everyone is. It's shamefully egotistical, but I suppose everyone places their ego somewhere.

I think so, but as far as talent and quality go, other people define that, so it's hard to judge. What do you think?

Someone who never asks anyone this stressful question. I don't know. I would like to be a musician, but a lot of people do. I think I want a job where I can live at a nice pace with a family and just relax.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If you are an INFP:

I try to completely untie their motives and find the source of each string. This leads me to let someone who thinks that they are in a power position to go ahead and blow their energy while I simply crawl to the finish line.

It takes some very harsh words and/or actions for me to move a muscle. I don't let negative crap get to me. I can handle your typical jerk like that, but if it does come down to the point where the individual talking to me is being an incessant jerk, I'll lay down the sledgehammer nice and proper.

Again, I try not to express my emotions unless I'm very sure that I'll make a significant impact, which means that I'm quite aware of potential impact spots and I steer towards those. I feel 100% comfortable interacting with the world outside my home.

Absolutely not. Like any other introvert, I need quiet time to reflect. But I also need time to experiment my theories, and that requires interaction. I prefer to give the attention.

Absolutely.

Are you silly?

Without a doubt.

Were you shy as a child?

I was very shy around everyone and very, very serious. A particular issue was that when I'd tell someone something, and they'd completely ignore me. Discovery and a thorough understanding of the MBTI has turned my life around 360 degrees.

No, I'm pretty outspoken if the environment isn't toxic. Otherwise, I'll walk away from the environment.

Yes, fairly so, yeah. I wander around with my word use, stop in mid-sentence to ask "is ____ the right word for ____?", and tend to stick to essentially the same story throughout an entire day, week, or month. My stories are like a snowball: they just roll over stuff by the second and old stuff disappears from view after a while.

I've always felt that age is irrelevant. I am neither young nor old.

Absolutely not. I don't like reading either, especially if it's fiction. I prefer to read material that relates to me directly.

I'm an undergraduate in a liberal studies program. I did want to be a paleontologist when I was very young because I like constantly discovering the unknown--whether that is rubbing dirt off dinosaur bones or the sunburned skin off my back. I'm currently wondering if it would be in my best interests to stay in school for a psychology degree.

tl1153

MBTI Type
INFP
If you are an INFP:

I'm generally submissive unless it completely breaks with my beliefs. Most of the time, I don't see how going against would benefit me - I'm just as happy going along.

Just leave the situation and dwell on it for a long time.

I'm incredibly emotionally reactive and I can't hold it back no matter where I might be even though I want to

No. I kind of withdraw if I get too much attention.

Very much so

Are you silly?
:smile:

Were you shy as a child?
I wasn't that shy as a child but I did like alone time.

No one has ever accused me of seeming aloof

I get frustrated when expressing myself verbally. I want people to understand me and where I'm coming from and I never feel that I quite achieve this.

I feel older but, at 19, my peers still have plenty of time to catch up

I think so. I definitely enjoy it and I did well in statewide journalism competitions (even got some scholarship money out of it)

Most consistently, a writer but it changes on a seemingly daily basis.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I can identify with many of the things being said

But
Being submissive a/o passive towards people talking down to me does not really make sense to me, at all.

Can't INFP change that ? Since it seems the big majority have this characteristic.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
If you are an INFP:

Viva la Revolucion! Actually, I usually question authority internally rather that going right up to it and say, "Hey authority, how's it going?" I'm the kid in school who never did anything, but if I did I would have gotten away with it completely. I save my questioning of authority for times when it really matters. I have the usual INFP trait of automatically loaning trust, and you have it unless you break it then you'll probably never get it back.

I vote for McCain instead of them. Haha...

I am an equal-opportunity emoter. I will :steam: anytime, anyplace - bring it!

Attention = relationship. Otherwise, the person is an "acquaintance."

rlyOWL.jpg

Are you silly?

funny-pictures-your-cat-is-now-avai.jpg

Were you shy as a child?

Yes, except around animals.

Sometimes.

Enjoy the Silence.

No, a bit ahead. But not thinking myself some genius or anything, just in responsibility, grasp of bigger issues & theories... mainly an intent to focus on such things rather than trivialities...

Yes, according to other people.

Ideally, I would love to work at a "think tank" that is a mix of theory and research. Or, I would also enjoy being a columnist or writer of some sort.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive? I question it to the hilt - unless the person is adequate - which is often not the case

I don't externally - i ususally just let it roll down my back.

Yes - but not in the negative way - if something threatens me-i rationalyze it to death, but i never react overtly - unless its a positive emotion.

Yes - but only 10-20% of the time i'm with my S.O.

i can't believe you asked that question.

Are you silly?

very

Were you shy as a child?

quite the opposite

no - the other way around

no

No - twice to three times older-my soul is 78 years young

freakishly so.

myself - with the woman of my realistics

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you are an INFP:
It depends. I tend to question. I'm sometimes quite vocal about it, if they openly ignore closely held values. If they are well intentioned, and show respect to others, I'm much more passive.
It's one of my pet hates. I either call them on it, or I completely ignore them.
If I'm around strangers, I keep it to myself. Anyone else is fair game...I just can't keep in, to be honest, plus I have been cursed with an expressive face so every emotion shows. Those who know me well, have a fair idea what I'm feeling at any given moment.
To be honest, It can be a bit of disadvantage being all emotional, particularly when working in a scientific career. People just don't take you seriously when you are talking at a hunderd miles per hour because you'er excited because you've seen something new, or you'er upset because your supervisor got cranky with you. I tend to repress a little too much, in fear of overwhelming people...but like I said, damn expressive face, people know any way.
Yes and No. I need space, but I like to know you'll be there when I need you.
Yes.
Are you silly?
No. Deadly serious. All the time. I have no sense of humor. I never laugh...ever. In fact laughter should be banned.
I'm the silliest person I know. Just look up silly in the dictionary, and there's a picture of me.
Were you shy as a child?
Yes. I don't think I actually spoke in class through high school.
Depends. Outside of work, people often find me intimidating intellectually. It's sometimes easier to leave people be.
Yes, especially when I'm stressed, or excited.
No. When I was younger, I was mentally older, by screeds. Now, I definitely come across as younger, except for those flashes of insight I have.
No, my grammar is appalling, but I have a awesome imagination. Let's just say a good deal of my writing is idiosyncratic.

Um, I'd like to be a novelist, but outside of that, an eccentric recluse.

Numbers

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, i'm not positive if i'm one or not, but I hope ya don't mind me answering anyway.

If you are an INFP:

Well, I was pretty much a model child, except that I slacked off a lot in school and didn't really live up to my potential, grade wise. I do question authority quite a bit, and I can be quite vocal about the stupidity of some of the rules of society. I hate conflict though so i'm kind of bipolar that way.

I'm pretty reactive when I comes to that. I'm a pretty easy going guy until I feel like someone is being condescending towards me. That is one of the quickest ways of pissing me off.

Not really. It usually takes a long time to piss me off, but when it finally happens it's going to be really bad. It takes even longer with strangers. I am far from a doormat or push-over though.

I like my privacy a lot, but I do need some attention. I'm not clingy or anything though.

Nah, not at all. Never. ;p At times, yeah. Sometimes when I am trying to be funny, but usually not in a mean-spirited way.

Are you silly?

Only with people I know well. I'm pretty good at making jokes about the situation at hand if i'm feeling comfortable.

I can get into very silly moods. Sometimes I'll start singing goofy parody songs out loud, changing the lyrics to a popular song or something stupid like that.

Were you shy as a child?

Hell yeah, still am. I think i'll always have that tendency.

Yup. People have thought I was stuck-up or whatever before and nothing could be further from the truth. I've been told I'm often pretty stoned-faced and unexpressive. I was pretty shocked to hear myself described in such a way when on the inside i'm so different.

I'm not the best at staying in touch with people and I hate talking on the phone. Some of that may be due to social anxiety issues. I don't call because I don't feel like they would want to hang out or chat, even if they probably do.

Yes, very much so. People tell me i'm articulate, but I don't really see myself that way.

Sometimes I feel older than I am, other times I feel younger than I am.

I took a scholastic test once that rated me as above college level in creative writing (whatever that means). I've never really written much outside of boring essays during school though.

Well, i'm working towards becoming a computer technician. I just passed my first A+ certification test the other day (essentials) and plan on taking the second part next week. After that I plan on going into computer security or networking.

If that doesn't work out I might do career counseling.

snowflurri

MBTI Type
INFP

Umm, I'm submissive because I have no choice and I don't want to create trouble, but I generally don't like authority. Jsut because I obey them doesn't mean I agree with their form of leadership. I'd sooner have no one teling me what to do.

Depends on the person. If it really offended me and I know it isn't true then I'll argue back. But if its a group of people then I'll just back off.

Only with people I'm comfortable with. I'm pertty quiet and reserved around strangers or people I don't know well. Around people I DO know, I can be quite emotional, at times, not always lol.

Don't know, haven't been in one yet :)

In a humourous way yes, but not all the time. Only when I feel like it.

Are you silly?

Childishly silly. But it depends on the context. When its work and I KNOW I have to excell in something I'll get really serious about it. But if its for something not so important, or just hanging out with friends, a little silly yes.

Were you shy as a child?

A little. Until I warmed to people, then I was quite friendly.

Not really. People do say I'm friendly but anti social, well, the people who I'm not that close to anyway.

To someone I know well and can trust, no. To a complete stranger or someone I know won't understand me/someone i don't know well, yes.

I've always felt a little different.

People have said I am, but I think I've still got tons to improve on.

No idea. Something to do with the arts, or at least, human resource. NOthing scientific, mathematical or business-ey.

Last edited:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Hello INFPs. Why r u only 3/4 as cool as INTPs, I am wondering?

MBTI Type
InFp
If you are an INFP:

I think this has been difficult for me, the youngest of three and after a violent and abusive drunken father for the first 6 years of my life has meant that the years following on have been quite difficult dealing with authority.
Necessary authority i can manage, i suppose i question it to a degree, but more so whoevers delivering it and work from that whether or not its sensible and if im going to adhere to it

Rare that it happens these days, but when i was younger and unaware of my type and so forth, i used to be full of anger so it would usually provoke a very volatile response

Only those i am comfortable with, and they are few and far between, but yes i would say i am very emotionally reactive, i can experience elation through other peoples, and also suffer the lowest of the lows, and struggle to maintain a happy medium

id say reassurance more than attention, although its always been a reassurance i can never describe, and i have always cut relationships off due to the lack of it, got to the point where i have given up now. i instinctively confuse my girlfriend when i have one, want them when i dont have them and dont want them there when i do, i just can never fully relax in other peoples company, which means i always maintain a distance, they begin to suspect my heart isnt in it or i am up to no good, which eventually becomes the case as the change between us provokes that sequence of events

more than i am anything else, in a dry and non offensive way usually although i can really go for it and offend like no other when i need to, which of course i usually avoid having to

Are you silly?

i would say ridiculous is more accurate

Were you shy as a child?

very, still am, always preferred playing on my own

often, and they are foolish enough to do so, then more often than not i fuel their assumptions by getting very random

dependant on situation, if i am not entirely sure of what i am trying to communicate, then stuttering, sweating, mumbling, embarressment is me, whereas when its a case of the opposite, then i am too

Have you always felt as thought you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?

no as someone mentioned previously, my way of thinking has always outcast me in my own opinion, find it very difficult to meet anyone who can comprehend my meanings and feelings and beliefs etc even when i was younger i just felt like the things that were fundamentally important to others had no baring on me, made me feel very isolated growing up, and still i am if im honest

when i put pen to paper, i would like to think so, if that is meant in the sense of actually writing something skillfully, then i would say so, althought grammatically, the accuracy is dependant on what i am writings importance, or on the other hand if its meant in the sense of imagery and delivery then i can be quite the story teller, bettter off vocally on the odd chance i am comfortable enough to speak up, which is often, i cant even eat with other people!

something that doesnt involve being part of a production line, in any sense on any scale

i would like to work with people, psychology, social work etc, something that i am actually interested in for something other than its financial outcome. I struggle with monotomy and find my attention diverts when i am faced with it. I can become quite irrational and everything turns inwards. The hardest thing to deal with i suppose is all the people who are more than content with the same old, day in day out and the fact they have no conception of how soul destroying i find it

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9

I don't even recognise the concept of authority; at least not in the way that most people ususally appear to. So far as I'm concerned no-one, whosoever they may be, gets my respect automatically: they have to earn it. Furthermore the idea of any one person having power over another by violence, deprivation of liberty, or the implied threat of either (which is the essential basis of most authority) is utterly abhorrent to me. I tend to pick my battles fairly carefully these days though. Sometimes maybe too carefully in recent times... perhaps I have grown too fond of having a quiet life.:huh:

Well, if anyone tries doing that they will certainly lose whatever respect I previously had for them very quickly; if they don't show any they don't deserve it themselves. How I otherwise would respond would depend on the circumstances and the person involved.

If "reactive" is to be taken as a synonym for "demonstrative", I would say it's pretty rare for me to be so.

Maybe, it depends on the relationship. Oh, THAT kind of relationship... Well, I think the most important thing for me is to know that I matter, more than anyone else does, to the other person. Without that assurance or with evidence to the contrary I would not be at all keen on continuing in the relationship. Other issues are something I would regard as relatively trivial as I'm fairly easygoing and try to accomodate other people's needs if I can.

Nope, never. I don't know what could possibly give anyone that idea. :whistling:

Are you silly?

Hmm... YouTube - Indian Thriller with English Lyrics!

Were you shy as a child?
Not as a rule, though other kids may sometimes have got the impression that I was due to my lack of interest in saying anything to them. That wasn't usually due so much to a lack of interest in or dislike of them as to the feeling that there just wasn't much common ground. I seem to recall that when I was very young (about 7 or younger) I pretty often took the lead in whatever games were being played and persuaded my peers and occasionally older kids to join in, or at least tag along. But at a certain point around the age of 7 everyone else's interest in playing games in which the imagination was actually exercised seemed to wane within a short time period. So did my interest in playing the same games as my peers. It's never really returned :boohoo:

Heh, sometimes it IS aloofness. I find that there is plenty to be aloof about in this world. Otherwise I'm not necessarily that reserved.

I've never had such a problem, though sometimes other people might have a hard time hearing what I have to say, especially if I have taken it upon myself to tell them a few home truths (not that uncommon an ocurrence:devil:). Sometimes normal sentences can turn into tongue-twisters due to the fact that I'm thinking of several things at once and haven't really decided which one I was going to say, so it comes out as a kind of hybrid. But that would only be a problem if I worried about it, which I don't. I actually quite enjoy speaking to groups of people/in public, particularly when afflicted with the absurdly optimistic belief that I might actually be able to win them over to my point of view. Hey, once or twice I think I even HAVE. But there were a few relics of various agknowledged saints nearby at the time so I probably shouldn't claim too much credit...

No, never. In some respects much older, and in some respects much younger (since early childhood at any rate).

The majesty of my unrecognised greatness is exceeded only by my overweening arrogance, its due recognition delayed only by the lethargy of my monumental idleness.

So. There.

That will never happen. Though if I were to make one or two more reluctant shuffles in that direction, it would naturally be nice to have the thnigs that "sucessful" adults want like power, fame and money:devil: in recompense. God knows they've eluded me so far. I've so far been a counsellor and become rather disillusioned by the obnoxious self-importance of many people in the profession and the fact that many people don't really want to be helped half as much as they want to continue getting attention for their "issues". I've managed to avoid standard higher education and its associated debts like the plague and haven't really felt that I've missed much.
I've always been the greatest writer in the entire world, obviously, but my enthusiasm for actually producing anything substantial which is likely to facillitate my earning a living has just never been there. Maybe a few years of near starvation would do the trick, though I do seem to have a worrying ability to get by quite contentedly with very little material succour. I have been working quite hard the last few years at developing my latent musical abilities (very latent considering that I never had the opportunity to learn anything when I was younger due to my non-musical upbringing and thorougly antimusical home environment), and have made pretty good progress, though whether I could make a worthwhile career out of it is a somewhat moot point at present. Any creative endeavour I suceed in summoning any sustained enthusiasm for seems to require some kind of underlying moral purpose or I quickly lose interest. Sigh - what a cliche I am...

celiapleete

MBTI Type
INFP
If you are an INFP:

I question authority, but only if I feel like they deserve to be questioned. If I feel an authoritative figure is being fair I respond well.

I loathe it. I tend to get defensive if they talk down to me.

I'm emotionally reactive only in certain situations. If it's politics, I'm okay with reacting publicly. If it's something personal, I tend to withdraw or very very rarely lash out. I almost never yell unless I'm being silly.

I need enough to make me feel loved and wanted and appreciated, but I don't feel comfortable with total adoration. I want a partnership.

Only if I feel like my real emotions are coming out.

Are you silly?
I can be VERY silly.

Were you shy as a child?
No, I got shyer as I got older. I was really outgoing as a kid, but over the years I felt more and more isolated - not for lack of company and friends, but just that I never felt like I was quite understood, except for a select few.

No. Except when someone's hitting on me. Then I turn on the aloof.

Only spoken. I can write until the cows come home.

Only recently. I always felt either a million years older or a million years younger.

Yes.

a satirist.

travelinthrough

MBTI Type
INFP
If you are an INFP:

I have this saying . . . there are "rules", and then there are "stupid rules". I don't do well with stupid rules. I was given a warning not long ago for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. I could plainly see there was no one at the intersection, so why do I have to come to a complete stop?? :newwink:

It bothers me greatly! I would never do that to someone, and expect the same courtesy.

Mostly in private, but occasionally, if something is really upsetting, I can lose it in public as well.

No, not at all. I'm fortunate though, that my husband is affectionate, so maybe if he weren't my answer might be different.

Always, but only in a joking way. I would never use sarcasm to offend anyone.

Are you silly?

Yes - very. My family and friends think I'm really goofy! I used to care what they thought - not so much anymore. I actually like being silly, different, weird!! :smile:

Were you shy as a child?

Painfully shy - I started coming out of my shell at around 16 or 17.

I don't think so - I would hope not.

Yes, at times I do. It is very frustrating to feel so strongly about something, yet not be able to get your point across. Usually after the conversation, I'll re-hash it, and think, Oh, I should have said that.

Never - when I was young, I felt much older. Now that I'm um "mature", I feel much younger. Go figure! :huh:

I'm much better with putting my thoughts on paper, than communicating verbally. I've actually played around with poetry and creative writing. I love to write, but can't figure out why I don't do more of it!!

I'll never grow up, but I would love to do something with music, writing, or psychology. I've thought about being a life coach with an emphasis on career coaching. Choosing a career has been such a struggle with me, I'd love to help other people in that area.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

I just go with whatever I'm comfortable with, but don't fully agree. I'm kind of submissive, but I know when to become assertive.

I don't look people in the eyes no matter how they're talking to me. I'm told I look frustrated, though.

I internalize everything. It's rare when someone can actually read my face.

I don't do relationships. So no, I like my space.

Yeah, I am. And overly so.

Are you silly?

No, I don't think my silly side comes out that often. 'I'm too serious' is what people have said about me.

Were you shy as a child?

Somewhat, mostly quiet.

Yes, but whatever.

Always. Paper is my friend.

I've always felt older. Even my body was telling me that I was older. I kind of looked like a small adult in my appearance.

I write. I don't know about the talented part...

Anything in the Arts.

flowerbud

MBTI Type
INFP

Usually I just go with the flow. If I disagree with an authority figure I won't take their stupidity and will generally either move on from them or have a very intense talk with them if i can't get out of it.

Before I would make it shown that it really depressed me, It makes me question myself.. Now, I guess I can hide that better, but I still feel horribly about it and slap myself in the face repeatedly for possibly agreeing with them.

Not generally in public with new people in a bad sense. I'll be emotional about certain topics but not in a way that shows through me, just emotional deep conversations.. in private with someone who is close to me, yes, if it is brought out..

I like my space but I also like to know that said relationship is still thriving. I just want to be around the other person, I don't generally think I need *attention* or think about that unless they've asked me to come see them and they end up paying attention to something else, all that for.. well nothing (unless its good for them)

I can be

Are you silly?

My imagination takes me to so many exciting places!! So yes, I am.. rather silly... even insane perhaps.

Were you shy as a child?

Very shy.

Sometimes, I really am more open about said things then most would think. It just has to be brought up in conversation. Though sadly, I've noticed that many people today only care about things that really don't matter as much as other topics.

Yes and no.. I jump around too much, and I'm too into the inner meaning of words to say anything right.

Not really..

When inspired, yes.

For awhile I wanted to get into psychology or philosophy, even producing music.. interior designing, architecture, engineering, accounting, or even dancing.. its really a confusing topic..