• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Questions for and about INFPs.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Are INFPs the most likely type to be attracted to people of the same sex? :rolli:

Maybe, I dunno. I don't know many INFPs irl. I'd say they're the least likely type to remain in the closet or unaware of it though. Dominant Fi doesn't allow much space for living a lie. That's just a guess though. None of the INFPs I know have revealed any attraction to people of the same sex to me.

heart

heart on fire
Maybe this is a question for Volk to go ask over on INFPgc. Do a poll and find out how many are attracted to the same sex.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Self-analysis. Fun.

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?

I accept authority when it is useful. Leaders are needed, but many of them are the people who should not lead. I hate "army" kind of leaders and manipulative people. If you want me to do something, say it out loud, but no need to yell.

How do you respond to someone talking down to you?

Does that mean the same as being condescending? I can't stand that, but usually I'm polite and let it slide. One of the things that make me so mad that I might yell to people is when someone says "you don't understand this because you don't belong to a specific group" for example "you can't understand me because you're not woman".. Rrrr.. hate that...

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?

Yes, I am, but not in public. In fact, this is something I need to not get depressed. If I'm dumped, I bunker up in my apartment and cry for two weeks. After that I can be happy again. I need to get the feelings out somehow. Also I tend to get hysterical laughing seizures about jokes that no one else thinks are that funny. Both my laughing and crying seems odd to people so I usually try to control it. The world is not made for emotional men...

Do you need a lot of attention in relationships?

Yes. I drive all the girls away by wanting too much affection and time, too soon, too often. And other times, I might spend lots of time doing my stuff and seem cold for that. So I am either too warm or too cold, never just right.

Are you really sarcastic?

Not really. Only with people who I know will understand it.

Are you silly?

When in the right mood, yes. I tend to do some hyper-extroverted stuff with a joke as an excuse. Like... roll around the backyard naked. But not if there aren't people who will join in :)

Were you shy as a child?

Yes

Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness?

I come and go. Some people tolerate it, most don't.

Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally?

No. I have a hard time expressing myself to the people I can't read. I really don't trust them, and I won't tell anything important about myself to the people I don't trust.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?

Heh.. No.. I used to feel older than the other children, now I feel younger than the other adults.

Are you a talented writer?

I'm not good with words themselves, but I am good with stories.

What do you want to be when you grow up (career)?

Not really sure. Graphic designer, film editor... something visual. The problem is that I want something not too stressful, but still meaningful or artistic.

acasualty

MBTI Type
INFP
How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?
I have always had a fear of authority figures. As a child I would do exactly as they asked, but as I reached adulthood I began to openly question them... Nowadays they usually have to earn my trust (which I realize is very a INTP-like attitude to take; I have a weak F preference), but if they do I will always stand by them.

If I liked the person I will take it very personally, but I'll try to pretend that it didn't bug me... I'll go lick my own wounds later on. If I hated the person I won't care.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?
I only show really strong emotion when I'm alone. When I express myself I tend to be misunderstood.

I like to have a lot of time to myself. I think that I am a little needy... I'm secretly (rofl) extremely romantic, so I can't stand it when a guy is too frigid to be touched, or when they won't open their hearts to me.

Not particularly.

Are you silly?
Yes, but only when I'm comfortable.

Were you shy as a child?
I was extremely loud and talkative until I started school... I was singled out by my classmates and frequently bullied... I became really shy after that.

Not really. Most people say I'm uptight.

Extremely.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?
No, never. I'm always in a different place.

Not really, although I am extremely creative and good with stories/scenarios. I have more of a background in art and sequential storytelling than writing.

Art, psychology, creative writing.

lindsay5889

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't really trust authority until they prove to me they're worthy of it. I'm rarely ever submissive to authority unless they've earned my trust, and if I am submissive it's normally because they've found a way to manipulate me into being that. And even then I'm hostile.

That's my biggest pet peeve, I hate people being condescending to anyone - not just me . It's rude and degrading. If someone talks down to me consistently eventually I'll flame up and get mad at them but until then I normally just ignore them or jokingly (to them) completely defy whatever they want me to do - Unless they're not being overbearingly condescending and are just requesting something.

I've never honestly emotionally reactive about important things in public and some with my really close friends (but most of them gossip a lot and judge heavily - except for one. And because of that I never really trust them.) But like just with happiness and sadness I think I exaggerate in public because instinctively I don't want to reveal heavy emotions so I pull back just basic stuff like happiness. But none of my friends notice because they're all crazy hyper.

I would never tell anyone I do, but I want to know I'm valued as much as I value whoever else is in the relationship. But eventually in really close relationships, when I'm completely dependent on that other person and vice versa, I begin to get annoyed with them (this doesn't happen with everyone) and I never stop caring about them as much as I used to or anything, they just annoy me some. But then they begin to reject me, and I see cruelties probably where there really aren't any - but point is they stop caring when I still do, and that makes me feel terrible.
So basically I like to know they reciprocate my feelings, they don't have to tell me that, or do anything like presents or whatever, I just like to know.

Extremely, but I think it's just I notice ironic things more than other people do and hypocrisy too.

Are you silly?
Always.

Were you shy as a child?

I think I've grown more shy as I've grown older, and have also learned to fake outgoingness better so ...

I'm not reserved really to the outside world because they don't generally ask what I'm reserved about, and if they do I lie about it/avoid it (I know that's bad but I'm not big on talking about personal things with strangers.) I'm actually really hyper really but people who know me more probably would consider me aloof at times.

Yes. I have all these thoughts that make perfect sense to me but I rarely can bring them together to make sense to other people, but when I do manage other people have issues finding holes in them because I would've thought them out so much.

Not really but, like someone said earlier, I kind of adapt to the general age and personality of the people around me - to the point where sometimes even I can't understand my real intentions/personality (in a good vs. bad perspective)

I don't know, I certainly love to write, and some people so I'm good at it. But it takes so many words (as you can tell from above) for me to say what I want to say, and even then it might not translate properly from what I'm actually thinking. But most agree any essays I write about an opinion I have are really confusing, but they'll think the idea is really good once I explain it to them enough for them to understand it.

Psychologist/Psychiatrist or a vet (I love animals)

I just want to say if you're doing this for a poll or something, I'm not really (at least I don't think) your typical INFP because I have an either really developed Thinking preference (unlikely as I don't think I've evolved that much as a person), am an INFJ or INTP with a developed feeling (again unlikely), or am just totally off because I want to believe I'm an INFP and am actually an ESTJ.

_kityz_r_us_

MBTI Type
INFP
If you are an INFP: (I think I am :huh: )

When I was younger, I always followed anyone in authority (actually, I generally followed anyone... 0_o). Now, I think that I will generally do what a person of authority say, but I may not be as willing...
Wouldn't like it. >_> If it were someone I knew well and was a friend, I'd probably let it slide, I think. Otherwise, I'd try to avoid the person?
WHO'S CALLING ME EMOTIONALLY REACTIVE? XP just kidding... I can be, but I think I generally try to hide emotions that aren't positive in public and from people whom I don't trust very well... ^^0
XD Yes...
Depends on my mood, I guess. :alttongue:
Are you silly?
Sometimes XD :woot:w00t:woot:w00t:woot:
Were you shy as a child?
Think so
Possibly... :unsure:
XD Yes
lol No
Nope
Don't know yet... :shock:

Curious_Kitty

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Both. I question authority a lot, but rarely act on it. Sometimes I do. But in ways that don't usually cause big conflict, unless it's someone I'm really close to...even then I try to avoid it. But yeah, I don't do well with authority usually.

Hard one. I don't get many people doing that to me, except myself. If it's myself, I usually just take, or sometimes I tell myself to stop thinking it. If it's someone else, I try to defend myself as best as possible, or sit there and seeth and linger in the negative-ness for awhile.

I'm very emotionally reactive, given the right (or most :p) situations. More so not in public at all really, but it has happened.

Usually, yes. Well, more so from their words, then their actions. But I also believe too much attention from the wrong personality to myself, is not usually good, so I try to avoid it.

Mostly yes, but with people I know well.

Are you silly?
I get told that at least every other day. XD

Were you shy as a child?
Not up until about age 8. Before that, I was fairly outspoken and outward in general. But I think the majority of kids are, but not all. But yes, ever since age 8, I've kinda always been shy, just I'm not as much as I used to be, but it's still there.

Yes, I believe so a lot actually.

I get tongue-tied in what I'm going to say (that goes for most things though o_O), or usually it's self doubt or low self confidence when it comes to that stuff. But when I do actually do well with that, I'm extremely passionate about mine and other people's feelings.

Honestly, I've kind of always felt older, but I know in some ways I kinda do act my age, just kinda. Although I'm not age interested or orientated in anyway, where I don't care what age anyone is, I usually solely judge them on character.

Eh, I hate saying I'm talented at most things, but I've been told I was. I compare myself to other people too much, and say that I'm not, but in related I think I'm most talented in writing than many other things. It's just, I need to understand fully that everyone has a different way of writing, and mine is pretty good, and unique from others.

I haven't actually decided yet. Either cosmetology, forensic anthropologist, a writer of some sort, musician, or nurse or something medical.

Abhaya

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't like em, but I try to fly under the radar.
I don't like that either, but mostly I will avoid conflict. If it is somebody close to me they will hear what I think though.
Always. But it shows just when I freak out a little. If anybody's around at all it is usually only those in my close circle.
Yes and I need quite a bit of time alone. Yeah, it is a pain in the ass.
Sometimes.
Are you silly?
Yes, but sometimes just inside the ole noggin.
Were you shy as a child?
A little.
I think so.
Sometimes, especially if I meet a new person I am attracted to.
When I was younger yes, but now it seems everyone's passing me up.
Not particularly, but I like to do it.
I am not sure if I will every figure this out. I am a dabbler.

pokerzen

MBTI Type
INFP
If you are an INFP:

I generally respect authority unless I find a reason not to. I have been known to clash strongly with authority if the person wielding it is being overbearing ... bossy ... inconsiderate ... that sort of thing. But generally authority properly wielded is not an issue. People in authority generally find me to be very co-operative ... easy to get along with and manage.

I nod my head, let them say what they have to say ... and go about my way. I don't offer any response to them. I know that I don't want anything to do with that person and don't go out of my way to help them in any shape or form.

I am generally not visibly emotionally reactive ... unless my emotion truly gets the better of me. Internally ... different story. I manage my emotions in real-time as much as possible.

I'd have to think about that for awhile. For now ... yes and no.

I'm a smart-ass, but not meanly.

Are you silly?

Quite. I'm happy playing jester if it results in delight.

Were you shy as a child?

Quite.

Sometimes, but not for long.

Only if I'm put on the spot to explain something without being given time to process my thoughts. I can be very articulate.

No

Not with fiction. Otherwise, I have received many compliments on my writing abilities.

I wanna be a rock star martial arts instructor psychologist professional poker player financial advisor life coach shaman. But everyone else doing that has had the job for like ... 20 years ... so I need some people to retire first for openings.

Algora J

I'm not an INFP but I like your questions. :)

If you are an INFP:

I respect those above me and who have authority over me. I try to help as much as I can and see from their perspective what is necessary to do the job right.

I tolerate it, but it really bothers me, especially if someone is attempting to treat me like a little kid. I learned though if I dress up a little, then immediately their reaction towards me would change

I prefer not to be one of those loud, annoying people in public. If I have to be emotionally reactive, then it would be in the privacy of my home.

I think without attention, relationships just fade away and die. However, I noticed that a lot of people are afraid that they want attention because they are afraid of seeming "needy".

However, I take care of myself just fine, as long as there's a man around to fix things around the house or do stuff with the car.

In a teasing, light-hearted way, not in a mean way.

Are you silly?

Only when I'm doing bedroom dances running around half-nude.

Were you shy as a child?

Very shy. I was a mixed-race child so I always felt that I somehow never really fit in. I was always attracted to foreigners for that reason as well, it's the feeling of displacement, of being in two places at once.

Usually. That is why I have learned to smile more.

Not particularly.

I always felt I was much older than my peers. Usually I always get along with people who are older than myself. One of my best friends is in her 50s.

I always think I can be better, but I'm a tough critic on myself.

I used to think I wanted to be a lawyer, but I knew I would get burnt out if there wasn't any creative aspect to it. Basically I like socializing, meeting new people and partying.

I should probably go get an MBA. :)

If you are not an INFP:

Do they ever talk too much or too little?

I think most INFPs I've come across talk enough, sometimes they can be untalkative, and be in their own little world. I find it intriguing.

Do they seem stuck up?

Not particularly. They seem like lost souls though. Around an INFP, I think "they need me"

Do they seem aloof or just quiet and reserved?
They seem tortured to me. :grin:

Do you think they come off as emotionally unstable?
Most of the time, yes.

In general, how would you profile a male INFP?
There's something slightly "womanish" about them, not in an effeminate way, but in the way they move, very gracefully, like a cat or ballerina. Also, they tend to be warm, radiating an intense kind of energy in which you want to know everything about them. Their eyes move with vigor and when they speak, they speak with conviction.

In general, how would you profile a female INFP?
She seems aloof at first, a bit intimidating. Then you notice that she's very feminine. Usually INFP women are very sexual in an quiet way. They listen to your problems and only feel useful when they are helping someone.

What do you think of INFPs as coworkers, subordinates, or authority figures?

INFP coworkers are best when they are left to themselves. Usually they don't like being bothered and prefer to work alone I've noticed. As subordinates, it's really just a matter of reminding them when their deadlines are and what I need by a certain time. INFPs are best at what they do when you don't criticize them. They're very sensitive to that, and take it as a personal insult instead of the way I think NTJs would think of it as making themselves improve more. As authority figures, they would probably need a No.2 who plays the "bad cop" who reprimanded others and ordered things to be done and who put their foot down when something goes awry. INFPs are too lax to be authoritative.

How do you view INFPs in romantic relationships?

A series of one neurotic relationship after another usually involving wild sex.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP

Generally too little. They remain quiet and observant - interested in what is going on, but unless you're one-on-one with them, they tend not too offer their opinion too freely.

Do they seem stuck up?

No. At worst they seem self-critical, unhappy with themselves. At best, easygoing and warm, if not particularly gregarious.

Maybe a little aloof, but I'm sure they don't mean it. Quiet and reserved is more accurate. They just frequently get lost in their own little worlds - and as soon as you speak to them that illusion of aloofness is gone.

Um, a little bit, yes. More than once I've worried about the mental health of an INFP friend of mine. Usually it's more of a concern when you see their writing, because it comes with all the angst and without any of the warmth which usually mediates it. But they do have a tendency to go through 'dark' periods, which are very dark indeed.

Even-tempered, calm, friendly, warm. Intelligent but modest. Generally serious, but with a sly humour and silliness that surfaces unexpectedly. Intense and involved with things that catch their interest - can be quite firm-handed when they believe in something so much and want to express that to you. Imaginative, a little dreamy. "Old souls".

Modest, unassuming. Self-doubts a lot, and can get caught in critical loops of thought. When in a good mood, just adorable. Sweet and silly. Intelligent and observant - very intersted in people and getting to the bottom of relationships and inter-personal dynamics. Definitely underestimates herself, and prone to insecurity. Believes wholeheartedly in things, but doesn't usually push it on you.

I don't think I've worked with any INFPs - at least as far as I know. I assume they would be fairly unassuming and fly under the radar, and you probably wouldn't notice them most of the time. Might grumble to themselves about the workload, but will do it without argument.

From the few times an INFP has been directing me, I notice they have to tendency to micro-manage, especially if they're enthusiastic about the subject at hand.

An INFP in a good relationship is fantastic - it breaks them out of their tendency to be self-critical and doubt themselves, and lets their adorable, silly, charming side peek out a little more. :) Of course, on the other side, a bad relationship can plunge and INFP back down into those dark depths, which always makes me worry about them.

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX

I definitely question authority, but I believe that I usually appear outwardly submissive to those who do not know me well and those I do not confide in. I.e., in the workplace, I had to follow the procedures even when the procedures did not make sense, and I had to defer to certain managers even when I did not respect those managers' decisions and opinions. But then I critiqued and made fun of them with friends over lunch.

It depends on the setting and the situation. There are times I choose to overlook it because I don't want to ruin a mood or detract from a good time. There are times I swallow my pride because I have to stay on somebody's good side to get by in life. Then there are times I may become volatile, especially if I'm feeling particularly worn down and don't feel like I can afford to be cut down further, and especially if it is in a private setting with somebody close to me.

No; I play it calm, cool and collected. When I cry, which is rare, I cry in private.

No. The first year my husband played World of Warcraft, I got approximately no attention. I used the opportunity to work on my web site and novel.

I am with my husband and friends when discussing other people or subjects.

Are you silly?

I used to be. Now I'm not so much. Work and motherhood have made me more sober.

Were you shy as a child?

Oh, yes, painfully so.

I don't think so.

It depends on what I'm trying to express. I can be very articulate, but sometimes I need more time to process, more time than people give me. Sometimes I am going for a word beyond the trite and obvious and taking a little more time to reach for it. Sometimes I am starting out vague, in a big wide circle, and closing in on something gradually. Sometimes I'm trying to dumb down what I want to say, and I'm having trouble doing it. Sometimes I'm trying to get non-linear content into words, to convey more relationships. Sometimes I have a feel for things, but not in a way that is easily translated into words. And sometimes I don't want to put things into words, because the words somehow kill the spontaneity or flow.

No, as a child and teen, I felt more mentally mature than my peers, especially as a teen.

Yes, I've always been complimented on my writing, and I've always found writing easy.

There is not yet a word for what I want to be. It is a combination of writer, artist and programmer. The medium is the web. "Authorpreneur" comes closest.

Clover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive? I am submissive on the outside, but that doesn't mean I don't question them in my head or amongst my peers. I like to stay in the shadows but if someone in power does something unjust I will call them out on it.

How do you respond to someone talking down to you? I either flare up or ignore it.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with? I react emotionally to things like sad movies or unjust acts in public, but anything personal I keep to myself, meaning I don't break down and cry in the arms of my friends or family when something bad happens to me.

Do you need a lot of attention in relationships? No, not really.

Are you really sarcastic? No.

Are you silly? Sometimes, usually not on purpose.

Were you shy as a child?
Extremely shy.

Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness? I am not sure, you would have to ask them.

Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally? Yes, but I get by on small talk.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers? No.

Are you a talented writer? I don't write.

What do you want to be when you grow up (career)? Unsure.

Endolori

MBTI Type
INFP
How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive? I question them if I feel that they're trying to manipulate me, or if what they want me to do goes against what I want to do. that's on a personal level, I mean. In the workplace i'd be submissive, but I'd still joke about their ineptitude.

How do you respond to someone talking down to you? Feel extremely disgusted. i guess it shows.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with? I cry a lot when I watch sad movies/dramas/anime. does that count? Anyway I'm rather cool and calm usually.

Do you need a lot of attention in relationships? nope. just need to know that the other party doesn't dislike me.

Are you really sarcastic? used to be, but now, no. It doesn't really achieve anything.

Are you silly? Used to be. but due to peer/family pressure it's more or less gone now. only crops up with non-sequiturs and fascinations with seemingly ordinary objects. (like a clothespin for eg.)

Were you shy as a child? err....yes and no. before puberty I got to know everybody in my class and acquired acquaintances throughout the whole cohort. but during and after puberty I closed up and became reclusive.

Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness? yes! my sisters say my cousins perceive me as arrogant. like, hello? I have an inferiority complex here.

Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally? yes. everything will seem alright in my head but when I try to put them into words I just can't. Worst case was when I said a sentence using only nouns and adjectives. Can't remember the exact wording but it felt like japanese(no I was speaking english) minus all the particles.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers? erm I felt retarded.

Are you a talented writer? my writing has been praised a few times, but no I don't have any particular writing talent that others don't already have.

What do you want to be when you grow up (career)? a doctor or a therapist. But I think anything is okay actually.

Chuckie P

MBTI Type
INFP
If you are an INFP:

I was very respectful as a kid, now, as an adult, knowing how screwed up things are, I question authority at every turn. It seems like most of the time, authority gets wielded by the exact wrong person to wield it.

I get angry, I call them out. I react inside with deep passion and anger. I don't let half of what I could say or do out though.

I can be reactive, I don't like to show many emotions at all in public, I got a lot of crap as a kid for being a crybaby, for letting out how I felt. I try to bottle it up, and express my feelings in other ways. I love to write poems, and I try to express myself fully with them, instead of letting them blurt out everywhere.

Yes, I need someone to hold me and tell me the world will be OK, and that by extension, I'll be OK.

Yes, and cynical too.

Are you silly?

Sometimes.

Were you shy as a child?

I was very shy as a kid. Had a hard time being assertive or anything. I was terrified of people as a kid, got made fun of a lot, teased.

They mistake it for a lot of things. I was told I can seem condescending when I talk to people. I don't try to be, if someone wants to talk about something, I talk, I don't hold much information back.

Sometimes. I don't really know what I want from the big game called "life", other than I want to feel at peace inside, which I can hardly even imagine, to be honest.

Hehe. I feel like an old man, and I'm only 23. It was worse in High School, I felt like I was not just an older soul, I felt like I was from a different planet.

I'm told I am, but I don't know if I believe that or not. My writings, under analysis, get ripped apart. I'm feeling kind of vulnerable about it right now, as is.

I want to write for a living, but I don't know if I have the stuff to do it. I'm scared to face the question, because I can't imagine much else I can do, at the current moment.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
If you are not an INFP:

If they fit either extreme, it'd be the "too little." :)

Do they seem stuck up?
I've only ever met one that I'd call arrogant. So, generally not.

A few seem reserved, many seem shy.

Not unless they actually have a psychological disorder, and it's obvious they do :tongue10: Even then, that's not necessarily something that scares me away from them.

Artsy, maybe "emo" in his younger days, musical, dislikes confrontation, very creative

Dreamy, random, odd but in a good way. Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter is a classic female INFP.

My work experience is limited, as I'm young and still in graduate school.... however, I'd imagine I wouldn't mind having an INFP boss so long as (s)he was morally upright and professional.

The arrogant one was one I'd dated and nearly gotten engaged to, before things turned sour :D So I can't say I have a positive impression, haha.

dorareever

MBTI Type
INFP

I wouldn't call myself "submissive". But I'm quiet. I don't feel the need to question anybody unless necessary. I mostly distrust authority figures, but mostly I show this (I mean I don't show this ;)) by simply detaching myself from them; I try to keep cool and professional. If I feel that an authority figure is being unfair then I step up. Which confuses them an awful lot, since I'm usually quiet and not a troublemaker. I tend to resist anyone who tries to boss me around, but if the authority is benevolent then I can live with it.

I cry LOL. Well, I used to. Now...it depends how bad it is. I might simply become slightly sarcastic, or get an holier-than-thou attitude towards them. Inside I'm mostly hurt and I have to revise my whole perspective of life. If it resists the strain, then okay. If not, it's time to have a breakdown. :D
I always give people the possibility to mend up, I believe in the power of excuses and contrition. If they do, then I can try to deal with them again. if not then I shut all emotional communications with them, I become sarcastic first, then there's a phase of despising them, then despising becomes pity, and I'm usually formally polite to them. Both to show that you can be civil towards people you don't like, and to give them another possibility to mend up when they see how civil I am. :blush:

Very reactive, but I'm not sure if others see it. I say that nowadays I'm more balanced, being 29 and medicated ;), as a teenager I used to have more outbursts. People said both that I was "very hard to read" and "too emotional"; so I wasn't/am often reactive in public but I was very much reactive in public. Crying in front of the class etc...as a child I was also angry. I almost hit another child with a desk and sometimes I used to slap bullies around.

With those I'm comfortable with obviously I'm more relaxed, which in turn means I tend to have less outbursts.

I need space and affection. I need respect. Lot of attention as in lots of kissing and showing of affection...no. But I need loyalty and I want to be, if not the only woman, the woman my partner cherish the most. But he actually can show this better by leaving me free to be myself and not being too sappy.
I also like cuddling though.

I'm really ironic. I'm sarcastic sometimes. See my reply to "How do you respond to someone talking down to you?"

Are you silly?

absurdily silly. I have the theory that only smart people can really be silly.

Were you shy as a child?

Not at all. I used to talk to people in restaurants, perform in public etc...but I was introverted, so my teachers said I was antisocial. Which was bullishit. I was introverted and bullied, so I couldn't really play along with others. Because of that I became shy in my pre-teen and teenager years. I'm coming out of my shell now. Which is weird because I'm much less social than before, but I feel less shy whenever I have to be. I have a bit of social anxiety when I have to deal with public offices, in shops...but not towards people per se.

I guess it has happened. I was held back in school (cos I'm stupid :cool:) one year, and my new school mates didn't come to welcome me like they did with other stupid-held-back people because they were told I wouldn't care anyway.

It depends. I write way better than I talk; but I wouldn't say I stammer or anything.

I felt older as a little girl, because I was more emotionally mature than others. I also felt younger because I'm a bit spoiled and live at home at 29...so both. I'm socially younger and emotionally older. Mentally and bodily I'd say I'm average. :D

Yes. Very much. *polishes medals*. But I tend to lack discipline.

a translator. :wubbie:; writer, screenwriter etc...that kind of thing.

bravesthope

MBTI Type
INFP
How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive? If I agree with the authority it's all good, I look towards them as guidance. But if I don't agree then I tend to clash with them, especially if they're overbearing.

How do you respond to someone talking down to you? For awhile I take it, but after awhile I just tend to get aggressive towards them if they continue...

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with? If a friend makes a comment which hurts me, then I react to it definitely. I used to be emotionally reactive in public, but not as much anymore.

Do you need a lot of attention in relationships? I'm not sure. If I'm not sure if things are going alright, I need reassurance. But if things are going fine I'm okay.

Are you really sarcastic? Some of my comments are sarcastic, but I know from experience how cutting sarcasm can be so I tend to stay away from it. Sometimes I can't help myself, bit I'm never use sarcasm to hurt others.

Are you silly? Yes, definitely. I love making others laugh.

Were you shy as a child? Don't think so. I think I became shy when I was a teen.

Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness? Yeah, probably. I think I'm an aloof person half the time anyway.

Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally? Yes, definitely. Sometimes I know what I wanna say but I can't get the words out to say it so I sound very short when talking. But when I'm comfortable and my words are flowing I'm fine.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers? No. I've always felt more mature than them.

Are you a talented writer? I've been told that I am, yes.

What do you want to be when you grow up (career)? Not sure. Social worker? Something that helps others.

Last edited: