• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Questions for and about INFPs.

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?
I respect authorities as long as I see a reasonable point in what they're telling me/us to do. If the authorities start being ridiculous ("you have to do this just because I say so") I start being rebellious. I wouldn't consider myself very submissive.

How do you respond to someone talking down to you?
I get angry and irritated. I want to be treated respectfully. I know I'm not stupid.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?
I'm always very emotionally reactive, I just don't show it to anyone :) I can tell others how I am feeling, but I think no one knows the true depht (very deep) of my emotions. My emotions are... stormy.

Do you need a lot of attention in relationships?
Yes, but very preferably indirect attention. If I receive much direct attention, I become nervous and embarrassed.

Are you really sarcastic?
Yes. Really really really. And people don't get it and it leads to embarrassing situations.

Are you silly?
Yes, I have been told many times. When talking with my friends (with them I'm very loud) people give me strange glances :D

Were you shy as a child?
Yes, extremely shy.

Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness?
Sometimes yes, I think. I know it requires much effort from the other side to get to know me.

Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally?
Yes. I never have the right words and I seem to have some kind of weird physical problems with my vocal organs... :D

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?
No. Sometimes I feel old and sometimes I feel really childish.

Are you a talented writer?
Yes. I don't want to brag, I hate bragging and I'm extremely bad in doing it, so I am honest, believe it or not.
I have written A rated (I think it's A in English-speaking countries, here it's 10) compositions from a scratch during a break in 15 minutes. I love writing, I have a wide vocabulary, I love playing with words and I create rather fluent text from nothing. All my teachers like the style I write and they usually mention that I write beautiful, nice-to-read, fluent text.

What do you want to be when you grow up (career)?
Agrologist, (means here "a farming technician"), specialized in equestrianism. I have also thought of being a biologist. I really would like to be a professional visual artist (like wildlife photographer, or illustrator in books regarding natural sciences), but I sadly wouldn't keep myself alive with that kind of work.

Last edited:

Stray

MBTI Type
INxP
is INxP ok? since i am part INFP.....

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?
Im pretty submissive why i dunno i usually question my actions after thinking if the ever happenes again don't allow them to take advantage of you but if it does happen again ill just agree with whatever they ask (within certain boundaries of course). I always have a rebelious though pattern around my mum but then i think i can understand why she would expect me to do whatever so just live with her rules and stuff.

I usually take time to respond in which i first think why are they looking down at me, i llok at them to try and get to see what kind of person they are from appearance then try to respond in a way not being aggressive as i feel it may be they responce they are after or if its someone who has bothered me before i just ignore them all together or give them the answer they want that will end the whole interaction between them all together.

Ofcourse not i'm never sacrastic....... except most of the time :D i dunno could it be my intrest in abstart ideas that draws me to sarcasim.

Are you silly?
In private

Were you shy as a child?
Just as a child? I still quite shy to this day

Most of the time.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?
No most of the time i feel as though i am more mentally mature than my peers.

Never got any awards but a newspaper i reciently joined the 'boss' has complimented my articles and i find it easier to talk to frind through msn that verbally.

Researching prefrably in a neuroscience - psychology type.

Last edited:

allison

MBTI Type
INFp

I'm rebellious. :D I skip class sometimes (though I've never gotten into trouble for it), I've sneaked out of my house through the bedroom window, gone skinny-dipping at a resort at one in the morning after the pool was closed... among other things. I question authority, most definitely.

It gets to me, but I don't typically say anything. However, there have been times where my annoyance got the better of me and I snapped at someone.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?

Yes, I am very emotionally reactive, but there are very few people who I feel comfortable enough around to actually let them see it, and even them I rarely let down my guard around. The only time I'm ever emotionally reactive in public is when a panic attack comes on and a I can't stop it, and what I try to do is run to the bathroom and freak out there so no one thinks I'm weak.

No, not at all. I hate being clung to, and I hate being clingy. However, I do like the other person to tell me how they feel a lot, because I'm usually so unsure if our feelings match.

Insanely so.

Are you silly?

Oh, definitely.

Were you shy as a child?

Not really. Not really that outgoing either, though.

To be completely honest, I have no idea, but I would assume so.

Not all the time, not if I have something important to say.

No, I've always felt much, much older.

That's what everyone tells me. I don't like to analyze my own work, but I can tell you that writing/words/reading is my life.

English professor.

Jungson

MBTI Type
INFP
I have a habit of questioning authority though not always manifestly so; usually it's my thought process that's defiant so I may appear submissive, but certainly no more than grudgingly compliant.

Usually with thoughtful silence as I interpret what's going on, then I'll respond. I will definitely be irritated regardless.

I am emotionally reactive with those I am closest to, certainly to a fault, but rather unreactive to strangers. That's not to say I don't get irritated and angry easily, which I do, I just ain't showin' my hand.

If it's healthy, no. In practice, yes.

Yes. The person who said sarcasm is the lowest form of wit was being sarcastic. It's an art form.

Are you silly?
When I'm comfortable, very much so. I hate being serious all the time in restrictive situations and being written off as a bore as a result.

Were you shy as a child?
Yes. They should start handing out adult legs for kids like me to hide behind. Sign your organ donor cards, folks.

I'd guess so. I'm not one for pleasantries and such (I find them slightly awkward with people I don't know), and I'm generally too shy to spark up some small-talk (which I dislike in any case) with even colleagues at work I ought to know better, so I imagine I might come across as aloof. Or a dick.

Not really. I read and write a reasonable amount and find that translates quite well to speech, so nervousness aside, I think I can like express myself, kinda, y'know, eloquently...and...yeah...so...yeah.

No, always older. I dyed my hair grey when I was 11, and had my brother run over my knees and elbows on his bike once per week to simulate arthritis. Ultimately, though, I couldn't handle the time-table of waiting in bank queues, writing letters of complaint and standing at bus stops with a stopwatch and a shaking head so I gave up being a perfectionist about it. Seriously though, probably not until the last few years have I felt older, but I think it's because I actually am.

No, just the normal kind.

I haven't a clue. I'm 26 and still don't. Caring profession is what I've narrowed things down to but...still gotta look under a lot of rocks.

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
I have been described as 'quietly rebellious' xD mostly I question authority in my head, I only ever make my feelings known if they are really out of line (or, in some cases, if I'm in a really bad mood)

I have a sort of pattern of things I do when someone talks down to me, I stop it when they do: Head tilted to one side, eyebrows raised, hands on hips, hair flick, short sarcastic comment, longer and louder hurtful comment(s), bitching behind their back when it's over.

Veryveryvery. Mostly I just keep it to myself (the same person who said I was 'quietly rebellious' also said to me 'I thought you were really all together until I started talking to you properly') sometimes I just can't hold it in and burst into tears in front of ltos of people :doh:

I would love to say no...

Incredibly so xD It bascially defines me

Are you silly?
Yep, around people close to me

Were you shy as a child?
I still am, but atleast now some people notice I exist from time to time :D

I hope not, but it's possible

Yep, often I just can't find the right words (or say them, I have problems with 'th' xDDDD). My bestestested friends can tell what I'm thinking with just a look, though :D

I've pretty much always felt a bit older

I'm not bad... People who have read my writing say it's pretty good, but mostly they have to 'cos they're friends/family

A psychologist of some description :D
EDIT: is that why psychology can be such a comepetitive field? Because almost every INFP wants to be in it? xD

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
I wanted to answer this, but quickly realized it would only become a copy of JJJs post. Freaky.

Also thanks, Digest. :cheers: Seems very true.

heykitten

MBTI Type
INFP
Giggle. WobblyStilettos, I've been described as 'quietly rebellious' too! I like to question my choices in my life & not accept them as they are e.g. my traditional upbringing (albeit slowly and at a slower pace than others. I've always been classed as a 'goody-goody' at the get go due to my demeanor and looks). I feel I have become accustomed to accepting life as it is and this is an aspect of myself I plan to change. I question not only authority but every aspect of my life (at a philosophical level), while at the same time, my default position is to be submissive (chronic people pleaser) - it's an interesting personality dynamic to explore.

Oh, I don't respond well at all. I become quiet and sensitive to their remarks. Perhaps even passive-aggressive in my actions (e.g. sarcastic comments) - it's hard to class, but I definitely become quite upset and withdrawn during the time I am with the person. In private, I would mull over the comments and try to see their point of view & filter through my visceral reactions to rationalise my emotions/their actions - that is, if they had a valid point or if they were just being an ass to me. I severely dislike negative people who offer criticism when I am not even asking for it! e.g. in a casual conversation. Though, it may be my bias to dislike any criticism.

If people hit a nerve and a personal subject I hold dearly, then yes, I will pounce. But this is very rare & I moderate my emotions in public (or try to anyway, I am really socially inept and it may not come across that way to the audience), I'm simply not a visceral person and quite self-contained in my body language. All my negative emotions simmer when I feel free to be alone and just be. In person, I dislike being negative or rather pull down others with my negative thoughts.

YES. I am a very needy, very affectionate kitten. I give ferociously & would like the same amount of intensity in return.

Other people's sarcasm totally goes over my head! While at the same time, mine goes over theirs. I have a very dry morbid/obscure/perverted sense of humour that people very rarely note and tend to mistake as being serious.

Are you silly?
Totally!

Were you shy as a child?
Oh yes, unbearably so.

Maybe, but I try to make a point to be inclusive in my interactions. It's so hard to gauge, people's perceptions are so subjective.

No, I like to think I am quite articulate online and offline.

I can't tell, I feel I'm behind my peers actually, in terms of life stages/decisions/etc etc. Intellectually, I feel I have more to offer in that I like to explore intellectual matters and take in what my curiosity offers.

I like to think I can progress to be being a good writer (I am, however, a long way away!). My speciality is poetry, I think it could be better if I didn't procrastinate so much! I only like to write when inspiration/insatiable creativity touches - and that I'm afraid, is quite rare, I'm too hung up on feeling 'right' to write my poetry.

A totally kick-ass free-spirited little spitfire. A career in the arts. Where/when/how is pretty irrelevant to me.

Vervor

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm an INFP, but barely not E...and the E side is very new to me! Just getting comfortable testing that out recently...

I'm happy accepting authority if I have figured the person who's doing the leading is good stuff. If its random authority it totally depends on context. Inappropriate entitlement can really irk me! So as others have said, context is really important. But I don't take crap from random authority figures esp if its wrongly assumed from my perspective...

I don't let it happen or continue. If its happening subtly then I am a master at undoing their attitude with subtle sarcasm or a witty remark....if you set off those alarm bells in me and I don't feel the respect, I become a ninja at dismantling your little game - you will not win. I've become "softer" with this though...sometimes people get on a roll about something or start talking down and I think I can recognize it as really just pride or them getting carried away and I can take it more with a smile cause I understand what's going on and don't take it personally...if that makes sense..

I'm always emotionally reactive - - whether or not the reaction makes it out to the world of interactions depends - yep, on if I'm comfy with the people around. I can also allow myself to be more reactive sometimes in a totally unfamiliar and often public situation - I absolutely enjoy acting out the honest or overly-comfortable act in a very random public setting (7/11 counter) and setting people at ease and sort of chilling out the formal public atmosphere...I think that's the ENFPness in me stretching out!

More is always better, but I can also survive on a few very direct, honest and giving exhanges a day....ei someone looking me in the eyes and making sure I hear them say "I love you" or just asking to curl up in my arms - - I think a lot of INFPs get off on those sort of totally honest soulful interactions more than anything. Its the thing I crave most when out of a relationship.

Alllll the time!

Are you silly?
Allllllllll the time!

Were you shy as a child?
I was wild and weird until the reality of cliches and social interactions that got more complicated and often twisted clicked on in my head in 4th grade...then I got much more quiet although once I got comfy with a class of peers or a group of friends I got goofy again. I was shy with girls all the way through college. I would say I was still pretty shy all the way through midway through college until I learned some things and decided to open up more...

Yeah I think so, but doesn't bother me, and I've learned to kind of "snap to" at important times to "show" people who don't me well that I'm here and paying attention and completely aware...just not in your face!

No, although I'm very careful to say precisely what I want to say. I hate phones...I need to be with you for real to have any kind of convo that means anything. I've encountered only a few people who I can talk to for real on the phone.

No....always felt ready for the next step and to be out and really living all through school. Probably not coincidentally, as soon as college was over I made some giant psychological/physical leaps that I've really enjoyed!

I think I can express myself well, but when it comes to longer stuff that needs some follow-through and T for structure things break down haha...but man, if I've fallen head over heels and my heart is wide open or I've just discovered the most magical album I can pour out some very expressive stuff.

Film editor....although the idea of going back to school to get into psychology more keeps creeping in..

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
As an ENFP with only a slight preference for E, I feel that I may be able to help you by answering these questions. Maybe bring about the differences between INFP/ENFP.

There are two factors which matter on how I respond to authority figures: how much respect they seem to have for those below them and their competence. If I perceive them to be incompetent and belittling towards their subordinates. I'd question and openly rebel against that authority. I would never call myself 'submissive', if I choose to obey someone.. that means I think they are doing a good job and they are probably welcoming my input on things.

I can actually be quite horrible about this. I often start talking down to that person as well. I 'kindly' remind the person of his or her own faults and why it isn't possible that I am 'below them'. This can lead to some conflicts.

I feel that I am always emotionally reactive. I often try not to show it and keep my feelings to myself. I would never let my emotions out in a public place and only do it around those I am close to AND think would be receptive to me talking about my feelings.

I like a lot of attention but never openly ask for it. I try to keep things close by being the guy who is always showering the other person with attention and affection- almost up to the point that I can be 'smothering'.

Yes, which is kind of weird, because everyone seems to be saying that NFs are incapable of being sarcastic. I must be an oddity or one of those Thinking types.

Are you silly?
:cheese:

Were you shy as a child?
I wasn't shy at that point in my life. I had many ideas and always wanted people to know about them. I attempted many projects and was someone who started up social experiments for the hell of it. I became shyer around puberty when I became more self-conscious.. I would be very nervous around people I didn't know because I 'needed' to know the right things to say to them. However, I have gotten so good at reading people these days that I tend to know how to talk to a person after only a minute of being with them.

Sometimes. It depends on how defines 'aloof'. Whenever I am actually talking to people, I am far from quiet. However, I am often nervous about forming really close relationships with most people and that may come off as aloof.

Not really. I feel that is one of my stronger points.

No, in fact a lot of people on forums think I'm older than I actually am.

I wouldn't call myself talented but I certainly do love to write!!

I want to be a lawyer.

TK*

MBTI Type
INFJ
If you are not an INFP:
OK...I am not.

Do they ever talk too much or too little?
Well it depends on the INFP. But generally when you're first meeting a INFP they are really really quiet. Annoyingly so. It takes a lot of prodding to get them to open up. But once they open up they can sit there and talk and talk and talk for hours on end. :D

Do they seem stuck up?
No. INFPs are nerdy goofballs. Too stuck in their own heads to be stuck up.

Do they seem aloof or just quiet and reserved?
Because the INFP has Fi they can appear like both. Usually it's misconstruded. The INFP might be totally into you but will keep those feelings to themselves until you approach them on it. Reserved, maybe, to answer the question.

Do you think they come off as emotionally unstable?
Err...yes. Some of them are the neediest and most paranoid individuals I've ever met!!! A real headache to deal with sometimes, but I think ANY type can be emotionally unstable. The unhealthy INFPs are a real eye-sore, though. The most emotionally unstable people I've met have all been really depressed INFPs. (I love you INFPs, but DAMN, when you guys get issues you guys REALLY get ISSUES!) This is not to say that ALL INFPs are this way...but the fair majority I know are a bit on the unstable side.

In general, how would you profile a male INFP?
H-A-W-T. :wubbie: (The ones without self-esteem issues, anyway) I LOVE INFP males! I would like to scoop them all up and keep them in my purse...but I can't. :cry:

In general, how would you profile a female INFP?
Sometimes floaty, sometimes eccentric, often intelligent and always creative. I have a few INFP women that I look up to and go to for advice. :)

What do you think of INFPs as coworkers, subordinates, or authority figures?
I wouldn't know.

How do you view INFPs in romantic relationships?
My boyfriend is a INFP so I can say a great deal about this question, lol. INFPs are very complex and in romantic situations the INFP is very romantic and intense. All INFPs are healers so they usually try to connect with their partners at an empathetic level. My INFP is my soulmate. :D He is very dilligent about making sure our relationship is harmonious (often at the price of avoiding conflict) but usually this characteristic is a good one.

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Do you think they come off as emotionally unstable?
Err...yes. Some of them are the neediest and most paranoid individuals I've ever met!!! A real headache to deal with sometimes, but I think ANY type can be emotionally unstable. The unhealthy INFPs are a real eye-sore, though. The most emotionally unstable people I've met have all been really depressed INFPs. (I love you INFPs, but DAMN, when you guys get issues you guys REALLY get ISSUES!) This is not to say that ALL INFPs are this way...but the fair majority I know are a bit on the unstable side.

I agree. I'd also like to add that emotionally unstable INFJs fit most of this description as well, except the eye-sore bit. The INFJs keep their act together outwardly no matter what it seems. Even if it's killing them. :shock: Unstable INFPs on the other hand: Anyone say crazy old cat lady yet?

Edit:
How do you view INFPs in romantic relationships?
My boyfriend is a INFP so I can say a great deal about this question, lol. INFPs are very complex and in romantic situations the INFP is very romantic and intense. All INFPs are healers so they usually try to connect with their partners at an empathetic level. My INFP is my soulmate. :D He is very dilligent about making sure our relationship is harmonious (often at the price of avoiding conflict) but usually this characteristic is a good one.

Great to see another INFP-INFJ relationship work like that. I know some INFJs have problems understanding INFPs and vice versa, but the effort is well worth it in my opinion. :)

TK*

MBTI Type
INFJ
I only know one other INFJ aside from myself. Not too much to go on, but I can totally see how a INFJ can turn into a crazy cat-lady too. :D I know that when I freak out about something I can blow WAAAAAAAAAAAAY past my INFP's level of crazy, lol. I'm so happy that my INFP is so patient to put up with it, lol!

But yeah, the INFJ I know might actually become a cat lady...she's 38...single...never been married...a bit on the oddball-side (eccentric like myself) and likes cats. I think she's on her way... :shock: :)D) Nah, I kid, she's awesome.

:D Peace.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I oppose authority without hesitation if it is unjust and affecting my livelihood.

I ignore them save for offering them the few necessary responses to their inquiry.

I am not.

No, but when I get it, I would prefer it to be sincerely positive. I am a delicate flower.

Not at all.

Are you silly?
Quite often, but seldom when it is inappropriate.

Were you shy as a child?
Extremely.

Perhaps it is aloofness. :devil:

Never.

Rarely have I felt that way.

I'd like to think so. My teachers seem to agree.

I am grown, but I aspire to be a teacher.

heart

heart on fire
I agree. I'd also like to add that emotionally unstable INFJs fit most of this description as well, except the eye-sore bit. The INFJs keep their act together outwardly no matter what it seems. Even if it's killing them. ..

Can you quote a source to back-up this statement? :shock:

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Can you quote a source to back-up this statement? :shock:

Not really, as most sources only focus on strengths. I was basing my statement on personal observations. Some of it is backed up directly or indirectly by the list of potential negative traits on this site however:
INFJ Personal Growth

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7

I question it where it matters. Eg. at church - and they hate me for it... mwahahahaa. Okay, they don't hate, they're just irritated.
At work, I question really stupid bureaucratic moves, but end up submitting to them because I am jaded.

It depends on their motivation. If they're doing it because they perceive that they are smarter or higher in authority when in reality we are equals, I internally raise my eyebrows, internally smile cynically, then put on my most innocent "O RLY?" expression. Though people don't tend to talk down to me.

If they do it because it's their normal method of expression and they are kind of unconsciously doing it, but they are trying to be nice, then I let it slide.

Externally, no. Internally, I might as well have a giant boulder inside me that knocks me around, and regularly burns or freezes as the situation sees fit. If people are around me, sometimes I vent in an overdramatic, entertaining fashion, making those around me laugh. If nobody is around, then my emotions are more subdued, but truer.

Not really. But I need a lot of reassurance that their feelings toward me have not changed - if I don't get that reassurance, I assume they have moved on and will move on myself. But I don't play games to get that reassurance. Perhaps I should.

Yes. But if it's gonna hurt someone, I won't say it, though I will chortle inwardly at my drollness.

Are you silly?

Yes. (alas, my coworkers)

Were you shy as a child?

Yes.

Yes.

If I haven't warmed up, yes, the link between my mouth and my brain gets broken.

No, I feel less mature. And yet more mature in other ways.

No. My prose tends to be long-winded and purple in colour.

No idea!

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
If you are an INFP:

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive? I'm generally quite passive, I like to get along. If I ever question authority I do so silently. Unless I think it's something quite unreasonable that's being demanded of me I won't really feel the need to speak out on it. Only if I really have a problem with something will I outwardly question an authority figure.

How do you respond to someone talking down to you? I get quite offended and at times I become easily defensive. But if I don't feel like I deserve being talked down to I will likely demand some respect or just, I dunno, fight back. I hate it when people don't have a good reason for talking down on me.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with? I am very emotionally reactive, but sometimes it depends. I'm still a teenager and I'm a girl so certain things called hormones or whatever easily affect how I behave. I do tend to keep reactions inside of me though, unless I'm quite comfortable. I'm quite reserved so even if I have a lot of reactions I tend to keep them to myself.

Do you need a lot of attention in relationships? No, I don't think so. I sometimes get bothered by too much attention, I'm uneasy with it. But I do need to trust people in relationships.

Are you really sarcastic? Not always, but often I can be quite sarcastic. I don't know if the point where someone can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not means your good at being sarcastic or not.

Are you silly? If I'm in a good mood I can be really silly. Sometimes I say really things. If I have the energy I act really silly. But I can be quite the opposite too.

Were you shy as a child? Sorta yea. For the most part I was. But I could warm up to people pretty quickly I think.

Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness? I dunno. They can if they don't know me well. If they know me, then they know I'm just not really talkative at times. Unless I really am being aloof.

Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally? Yes, but most usually only if I'm trying to explain some kind of thought or feeling I have. If I'm explaining a concept of a sort that's already been defined by others it's easier. Does that make sense? Words can be hard to find. And I have trouble being sincere sometimes. It kind of really depends on the situation.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers? I dunno, sorta. I've always just been confused in general about other people's thought processes, regardless of age. I mean, is mental age a question of maturity? It's not the age that I feel a difference in, just the values and interests. Those have been more different than my peers than anything else. I still feel like a child or a teenager or whatever. I probably think of myself younger than my peers want to think of themselves as. Everyone wants to grow up and do adult things. I don't really care.

Are you a talented writer? Yes, but talented doesn't really necessary translate into really good things. I love writing but sometimes I find it difficult, especially to finish things. I'm better at a few poetic phrases, but writing whole pieces, or whatnot, that is a different thing.

What do you want to be when you grow up (career)? I don't know. I hate that question. There are things I want, and then things that I can have.

volk

MBTI Type
INTJ
Are INFPs the most likely type to be attracted to people of the same sex? :rolli:

halfaninstant

MBTI Type
INFP
So - i'm an INFP.. i think. maybe these question will put me as something else entiely? =)

anyway, this thread is awesome. i really enjoyed getting to know more about you guys.. figure i would jump in too =)

- i usually follow authority, though now i question the reason behind their actions before i follow... or leave and ignore them. in regards to family, i've always wanted to make my parents happy.

- i ignore them as they aren't worth my time usually. If they piss me off enough, i politely ask them to shut the fuck up... :)

- when people are upset, it disturbs my vibe. i usually try to fix it right away, or i leave the environment that gives me bad vibes. it doesn't matter where it happens - i just react to negative vibes.

- no. i just need to know they care. and it holds true until they either show that they don't, or they say that they don't. as for my signficant other, i do expect a certian level of understanding. not that they understand me perfectly, but that they actively try to understand me. that's important - its how i feel love.

- my favorite sense of humor =D the more unlikely something is, the funnier it is to me. I use to tell my little cousins (about 7-10 yrs old) that i had five girlfriends on the side and that i usually have to fight women off with a stick! i love it whether they fall for it or not =) such innocent little kids. :D

Are you silly?

- much more so when i was younger. now i'm a bit less.

Were you shy as a child?

- i wasn't, but kids were mean and it made me become introverted. 1st grade sucks if you can't speak english very well.

- i don't know... probably not as i'm quick to smile. just have to know you're interested in chatting.

- no. i can express myself verbally just fine, but i prefer writing. i can perfect what i want to say before posting... helps me be precise about what i want to communicate.

- nope - always felt older. less now, though there are some peers who just never grow up.

- i think i have a knack for writing, but it hasn't been my focus, nor my passion. can't be good at something without at those qualities.

- i'm a software consultant right now. it seems a decent job - great access to a lot of passionate people. i originally wanted to get a phd and do research in computer science, but i got really sick of the academic life. i need action and a feeling of progress - my final year of college just seemed like a prolonged state of no growth. I do sometime fantasize about going back and getting a doctorate though... artificial intelligence and how our mind work is still a side passion of mine.