User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    infx

If you are an INFP:

Sorry: This will be a bit long.

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?
    At school I wasn't one to get in trouble very much as I was generally very quiet and I rarely asked questions. I did however get an extreme telling off from a teacher after he told me I gave him a 'look' and that another teacher had claimed I had also given her a 'look'. I guess it was a pretty offensive look for a 9 year old to give. The reason for my look was we were finishing clearing up and he had just asked for silence and I passed something across the table as it wasn't mine and told the girl this. I wasn't intentionally being disruptive but I was in the mind-set of clearing up and hadn't really noticed the silence. The teacher told me off and I was a bit irritated as it seemed rather over the top considering I wasn't being intentionally naughty. The other teacher I'd offended was the music teacher who insisted on always asking the same kid to lead. This kind of pissed me off because I was quite capable and I found the lessons repetitive and boring as I already knew the topic. Anyway, I guess I had an attitude towards her and she noticed.

To sum things up, in general I don't accept a person's authority unless they appear to deserve it. Just because someone has a title I'm not going to respect them and ignore things they do that irritate me or I disagree with. When it comes down to it we're all human. I wouldn't say I have a problem with authority figures in general... but well, credit where credit is due. I wouldn't go out of my way to fight, but I'll happily smile and voice my opinion.

How do you respond to someone talking down to you?
    Badly usually. Sometimes I might smile sweetly and make a could be sarcastic...could not be comment.
    Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?
    If it's about my opinions and I feel fairly comfortable then I am emotionally reactive. I can get quite intense in my questioning. If it's something very close to my heart and I'm feeling delicate then you probably won't be aware I'm feeling anything at all. It's hard to tell, certain people make me more reactive, some people I'm very closed around.
    Do you need a lot of attention in relationships?
    I'm not sure. I need some reassurance. I like to give and receive affection but we all need our own space and I respect that.
    Are you really sarcastic?
    People call me sarcastic. I've been accused of ALWAYS being sarcastic. To be honest I think it's usually irony, if that. Sometimes people mistake how I genuinely feel for sarcasm. I might suddenly suddenly exclaim "WOW, what a beautiful day eh? the birds are singing, kids playing in the park, and just look at the wasps all over that that overflowing bin". Some people would take that as I don't think the day is beautiful, but really I'd be thinking it is incredibly beautiful, but for some reason I need to add the bin into it.
    Are you silly?
    Yup. I bought my cat a collar today and tried it on to see how it felt before having trouble getting it off. I'm sure I'm silly.

Were you shy as a child?
    Incredibly
    Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness?
    Yeah, definately. I've been told before that I can be a bit scary. I can appear to blow very hot and cold too I think. I might be very sociable one second then retreat, especially when I don't know someone well. I think I just need to recharge and regroup but I know it might appear like the person has bored me or that I don't care.
    Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally?
    Sometimes. I can muddle my words up, especially if I'm excited
    Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?
    I'm not sure, I just felt I had different opinions mostly. I felt a little out of place.
    Are you a talented writer?
    I wouldn't say so. I struggle constructing sentences. It's slightly unpleasant to try to express what I really mean and feel like I'm failing when inside I know exactly what I mean and how I mean it. Occasionally I've been told I write well but not from anyone I'd believe.
    What do you want to be when you grow up (career)?
    I'm trained as a type of therapist and it's worth a shot I think. I couldn't carry on if I felt I wasn't any good at it though. I want people to get the best service they can. If I'm not going to be it I don't want to be wasting our time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?

I question Authority, but i am submissive on the outside. I will most likely not say anything to the authority figure, but i will still probably not obey them, or follow their rules behind their backs.

The same way a puppy feels when he's hit over the head with a newspaper for peeing on the carpet.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?

I am very emotionally reactive. It is usually ONLY with the people i am comfortable with, and usually only comes out when i am VERY upset. Sometimes it happens in public if i get in a heated debate or something.

Not a ton, but i need to know that person feels the same about me as i do about them.

i can be. It is not an all the time sort of thing though, just on occasions.

Are you silly?

Oh dear YES. I am extremely silly. I am always doing something, or saying something that is silly beyond belief.

Were you shy as a child?
    I was extremely shy as a child.

I am aloof.

Sometimes. I have to think about things a really long time before i say them if i want them to make any sense to anyone else but myself.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?
    Some people i've felt are at my mental level, others i have felt are not.

Yeah, i'm a natural writer, but i don't enjoy writing. I'm better at other things.

pshhh. i have NO IDEA. psychologist? philosopher? nurse? I don't know, and i don't want to think about having to settle down with one career for the rest of my life.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

If you are an INFP:

When I was a kid I was pretty submissive, and as I have gotten older, generally i have become less submissive, but always respectful.

Depends on the situation. If it is someone that is angry and talking down to me, usually I will just overlook it. But if they continue to treat me that way I will definitely do something about it. Generally it pisses me off immediately, there is no easier way to instantly make me mad.

Hmm this is a hard question. I guess you could say that I am. But with ALL emotions, not just anger or sadness. Sometimes I feel the emotion before I really can register the reason or thought behind it. I dont usually let people know all my emotions. Only a select few people know how emotional I really can be.
    I wouldn't say that I am needy like that. But if ignored by friends or family I start to wonder if something is wrong.
    I can be, but like someone else mentioned I don't really like the mean or biting sarcasm, unless I KNOW that the recipient will take it in good humour.

Are you silly?
    Yep
    Were you shy as a child?
    no, maybe a little

I have no idea. I think I appear pretty friendly and approachable, but I honestly have no clue what others think about that.

Yes sometimes. Especially if I am talking about myself and emotional situations.

NO! I always had friends that were at least 2 years older (and a select few friends my age) but they always had substance and maturity. Also I am an only child, so I spent a lot of time with adults. But, all the other INFPs I know are the same way.

I havent wrote in a long time, but I was always very good at it in school. I definitely have a better time expressing myself with the written word.

lol this is a funny question. My preferred occupation would be a psychologist..but I dont have the devotion to get a doctorate..lol
    I also cringe at the thought of doing the same thing for the rest of my life. I get bored w/ jobs easily.

MBTI
    INFJ

If you are not an INFP:

Do they ever talk too much or too little?
    I have a hard time telling the difference between INFP and ISFP sometimes but I think the INFP's who I know talk just the right amount. They talk and they listen and I really like that.

Do they seem stuck up? NO

Do they seem aloof or just quiet and reserved?

They do not seem aloof to me at all. They seem intelligent, thoughtful and respectful. I get along with INFP's better than any other type I think.

Do you think they come off as emotionally unstable? NO

In general, how would you profile a male INFP?

Can't think of any.

In general, how would you profile a female INFP?
    Very sensitive, kind and quiet. Will open up if you pay attention, share and ask questions. Very good listeners. Good sense of humor. Calm and peaceful.

What do you think of INFPs as coworkers, subordinates, or authority figures?

I would imagine as co-workers they would be great. Subordiates same. I would think I might have a problem having one as an authority figure because they can be so quiet and I may not be able to talk with them.

How do you view INFPs in romantic relationships?

Only a guess, since I have never been with one, but I would think they are very romantic, loving, generous and sensual.
    People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children.
    Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes
    US cartoonist (1958 - )

How do you respond to authority figures in your life?
    Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive? I generally question authority. If someone's incompetent, I'll know.

When I'm in a good mood I'm generally playful with everybody, including people who talk down to me or obviously aren't happy with me. I may playfully tease them, or just casually ignore them. When I'm in a bad mood I'll either ignore them, simmer silently in anger and resentment, or get openly hostile with them.

I'm not emotionally reactive, but I easily express my emotions to strangers and confidants alike.

Nope. I just like to have a good time.

I can be as sarcastic as I can be self-deprecating, witty and playful. I just like to have fun and tell stories and be funny.

Are you silly?
    Beyond silly, and I have a good time.

Were you shy as a child?
    Hmm... I don't know. I don't think so. I think I naturally have a lot of self-consciousness, but it comes and goes. It's my outlook that really dictates how self-conscious I am. I'm less self-conscious now than I ever have been. I say to myself, "Hey, it sucks if not everybody likes you, but you like yourself, and that's all that matters."

I'm not reserved.

Nah. I'm pretty good at that.

Depends on which peers you're talking about. I like to have fun like my peers, but I fluctuate between being less, equally and more mature.

I enjoy writing, and that's all that matters. I like people to understand and enjoy what I write, so I try to be good, but I don't worry about failing.

Oh, just want a decent job, forty hours a week (or less), decent pay. I tend to make the most of whatever job I have (it's afterwards I realize what crap it was), so I'm fairly confidant I'll be all right in almost any job that isn't sales, food preparation, customer service or rocket science. I'm /thinking/ of majoring in psychology in college, but I haven't decided. I love studying the delicate and complex innerworkings of people's minds.

Until I was 9, I questioned if I thought something was important enough for me to do it, otherwise I was pretty passive. After that, I went through periods where I questioned a lot and through periods where I didn’t.

It depends on the person. Usually, I don't talk to someone who seems angry, so I listen and talk to the person at another time or, if the comments got to me in a negative way, I turn my back or hang up the phone and talk to the person when I'm less aggravated.

I can be, but just with people I'm comfortable with.

No.

Not really sarcastic, but I can be sarcastic.

Are you silly?

(can be)

Were you shy as a child?

Yes, very shy.

Sometimes.

Sometimes.

Erm... I felt older when I was younger, but I had responsibilities that most of my friends didn't, so that probably contributed to that. Now, I feel younger.

Not anymore, if I ever was to begin with, at least according to my own standards.

Psychologist

MBTI
    infp

If you are an INFP:

I generally question authority a lot, especially at school, but it really depends on the situation. I don't think I've ever questioned my guitar teacher, but thats because all of his methods have always made sense. I question teachers almost every day because I rarely agree with them and I generally do not click with the structure of school.

It depends, I don't get people talking down to me much, but I will sometimes walk away and feel really terrible for a while even if what the person said wasn't even very insulting. Sometimes I try to talk it out with them diplomatically...

I am very emotional in my own mind, but I do not express it much, even to people I really trust.

No, I don't need much attention, but I need to know I'm at least tolerated for my often strange behavior. When I do get positive attention, I generally brush it off, I don't really think I deserve it, but if its negative it will sometimes beat me down for a while.

Sometimes I'm very sarcastic... I definately crack a lot of jokes.

Are you silly?

I'm a silly goose! My silliness is trans-species :P

Were you shy as a child?

My mom used to say I talked a lot up untill I was about ten, but I always remember prefering to stay home and play by myself. My stuffed animals all had personalities; there was Guy, who was kind of like a reflection of how I thought other people saw me (he didn't talk much, but he always cared, I'm almost choked up remembering this, ahahaha), there was Ape, who was a leader, very action oriented, there was Mr. Beaver, who was sometimes unconfident and would often say "I don't know if thats a good idea" out of fear and lack of confidence. Sometimes he could be very logical, though.

YES! People say I always look indifferent, like I have no emotion (which used to offend me but now cracks me up)

Yes, I usually think one thing and say something else... kind of like a watered down, sometime spoorly worded version of my very clear thought. Speech and thought are totally seperate for me... I think thats why I do that.

No, especially now. I feel like I'm in a completely different... time system.

When I'm inspired to write, I write very well, but when I'm forced to or lose inspiration, its not so good. I sometimes have visions of things... a full poem will just jump into my mind. Sadly I rarely have anything to write it down on, so I forget it.

I'm not sure, and sometimes it causes me great distress, either because I'm pressured to try to decide, or because the thought of having no real direction or purpose can be scary. I suppose I'd love to be a musician... I'm pretty good and I love to learn.

MBTI
    INFP

I've always questioned authority figures but rarely act out against perceived injustices or immorality. Corruption of authorities figures prominently in my rants about the state and fate of humanity but I don't have the confidence to challenge them - and I have little desire to lead.

I'm a very defensive person. I know my faults and feel absolutely mortified when people point them out, especially in the presence of others. When people are critical, I burn with shame and say very little. If they are condescending, I become sarcastic and sometimes self-deprecating in an attempt to deflect their behaviour.

I tend to be more reactive with people I know well. My blow-ups can be quite spectacular, so I try to hold myself together when around unfamiliar people because I don't want to cast a bad impression. I tend to get mad at myself or things (usually technology) rather than people.

I dislike being ignored but I don't need constant acknowledgement and validation of my existence.

Sometimes. It's more apparent when I'm upset or hurt. I can use it effectively in humorous situations, though.

Are you silly?

Only around people I know well. Straight-laced types don't generally get the silly streak many NFs have. When my ENFP friend and I get together, our behaviour can be quite outrageous.

Were you shy as a child?

Very much so. I was sullen and withdrawn to the point where people were afraid to approach me. I've maintained my cool, aloof disposition but no longer tremble in fear when I have to interact with others, so some of the walls have tumbled.

Definitely. Most people seem to think I'm very unfriendly, even snobbish, until they get to know me.

It's always been a problem in large groups or around people with control issues who must always direct conversations. Around those I know well, I am fairly open and don't need to measure my responses so much.

I've always felt much older.

Many people have praised my ability, so it would seem so. I feel much more confident and liberated when writing than when speaking.

I've reached adulthood but still wonder about which vocation is most appropriate for me. I have every intention of becoming a novelist at some point. I doubt I'll ever be finished with education and anticipate changing careers at least once. For now, I'm in the business field, but have doubts about how fulfilling I'll find it.
    "We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

MBTI
    intp

I'm not completely sure if I'm an INFP but I'll reply anyhow.

If you are an INFP:

Hmm. Difficult to answer.

It depends on my current attitude and preoccupations, really. And whether I like the authority figure in question. I have these "independent attitude" phases when I resist authority and "get in trouble" (not very much but just enough to feel like a rebel). Sometimes I'm going through a "submissive attitude" phase and then I'm very submissive and only rebel if something bad is happening.

Depends on the person. Usually I honestly don't care, unless they keep doing it over and over again. If the person irks me, then I might either lose my nerves and do something stupid or keep my cool and do something that I'm later proud of, like smirk and walk away before the person i quite finished with their talk.

I try not to be. I try to keep my cool in public. I guess I'm emotionally reactive only with those I feel comfortable with, although my ideal for myself is to remain calm and stoic.

Hmm. Perhaps.

No. Not at all. I'm not witty enough.

Hmm, on second thought, yes I am, although people don't usually know that I'm being sarcastic and think I'm being stupid or weird and I don't correct them, lol.

Sometimes people also think that I'm sarcastic when I'm not. Like, if it rains and I say, "What a lovely day," I'm not being sarcastic.

Are you silly?

Yes. I like to think of myself as silly because then I feel that I don't have to take myself so seriously and I don't have to be always right and so on.

Were you shy as a child?

Yes. I was very shy.

Sometimes, although I think I rather like their misconception. I've been disappointed in people. I used to glorify other people and think lowly of myself, but I've noticed that everyone makes mistakes, does stupid and immoral things, and I can't respect people the way I used to. I want to be aloof, so if people think that I don't want to be with them, I honestly might not care.

Depends on the people, of course, whether I like them to think that I'd prefer to be left alone, or not.

Only irl. I write pretty well.

No. I've felt younger than my peers.

Yes.

I still don't know. Maybe philosopher and artist.
    Last edited by Kaveri; 09-08-2007 at 09:03 AM.

Well, I don't know of too many INFP's, but I'm married to one. That should count for something.

If you are not an INFP:

Do they ever talk too much or too little?
    Not really. We're both introverts; so, we do about the same amount of talking.

Do they seem stuck up?
    Not mine, not at all.

Do they seem aloof or just quiet and reserved?
    Well, like I said, I'm an introvert too; so, we're both kind of quiet, and some outsiders might see us as "aloof". But I don't.

Do you think they come off as emotionally unstable?
    They can be pretty sensitive at times; but you just gotta realize, "Hey, I've found that such-and-such hurts him," and be careful to avoid those things.

In general, how would you profile a male INFP?
    Very kind, sweet, sensitive (in a good way as well as the above), attentive to your wants and needs, VERY loving.

How do you view INFPs in romantic relationships?
    Although the sensitivity has its downsides, I believe the INFP is the perfect mate, and I couldn't ask for a better mate.