• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Questions for and about INFPs.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?
I am usually not vocal about what I think about authority, I keep a lot to myself and then simply do what I think is best and I simply don't care what "authorities" think.
How do you respond to someone talking down to you? Very badly, I am sensitive to social hierarchy and I can easily spot where is everyone's place. I obviously dislike to be talked down, I want my place to be higher.
Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?
I am not emotionally reactive in a classical sense, I am sensitive about my own things, about things I personally consider important or trigering for me. I am generally more or less cool and calm around people. I rarely display emotion around anyone, no matter if it's a close one or not.
Do you need a lot of attention in relationships? Yes, Yes I do...Also I usually want to be the dominant one and the center of my partner's attention.
Are you really sarcastic? More than you think
Are you silly? Yes! I can act like a 5 year old and I feel no shame!
Were you shy as a child? Yes, it's always been difficult for me to be assertive or to find friends.
Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness? Actually... I am very friendly, I value good relationships.
Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally? NO! Verbal experssion is my no. 1 gift ever since teachers started to send me to recital competitions and ever since I started to make public speaches.
Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?
Yes, when I was kid I did, now I feel like that too, but I feel much younger than them. I am actually very childlike and I am aware of that, I think it's a good thing.
Are you a talented writer? Yes ;)
What do you want to be when you grow up (career)? I am currently a teacher, but I'd love to be a musician, singer, writer or an actress.

Puffypolma

Bizarre Love Triangle
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
If you are an INFP:

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?
I don't care much about authority figures in my life and rarely interact with them. If I do, I will just ignore them.

How do you respond to someone talking down to you?
I roll my eyeballs to my white parts.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?
It depends. I think I am very emotionally reactive if something really touches me no matter it is in public or with people that I'm comfortable with.

Do you need a lot of attention in relationships?
I used to be that way: clingy and needy, which my ENTP ex just could not handle it and decided to break up with me. Now I think of that I still wanna kill myself at that time.

Are you really sarcastic?
No.

Are you silly?
No

Were you shy as a child?
Yes. Always. My mom told me that I was really passive aggressive when I was little as I often showed my fist to other kids if they wanna approach me.

Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness?
Yep.

Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally?
Definitely. I always screwed up relationship because I used the wrong word.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?
No. I feel like i am still 18 year old.

Are you a talented writer?
Yes. I love writing poem.

What do you want to be when you grow up (career)?
I want to be in the media industry.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I tend to question everything. I'm not comfortable with rules and try to figure out why certain rules are set forth. I try to be respectful towards others, but it doesn't necessarily mean I agree with you. I was much more respectful towards authority when I was younger. But as I've gotten older, I started to question traditional values and have instilled my own ideals based on questioning and analyzing what I believe would be the most rational concept.

It depends who is talking down on me and for what reason. If it's a family member, then I have no problem talking back if I am at fault. If it's someone that I'm not really close to, then I would be a bit passive regardless of the situation. However I tend to get my feelings hurt really easily and try to avoid conflict as much as possible, so I can be pretty passive aggressive.

I'm usually only emotionally reactive towards people I'm comfortable with. Only rarely to I put on a scene out in public.

No, not really. I'm really introverted and need time to myself in order to recharge. I would't consider myself a "clingy" type.

Eh not really.

Are you silly?

Yes. Sometimes a little too much, especially around friends.

Were you shy as a child?

Holy yeah I was shy and still am. I can come off as very goofy and loud when I am around friends though. But otherwise I am very quiet and soft-spoken, especially because I have pretty bad social anxiety.

Yes! But to be fair I can be aloof at times too. I have been told that I come off stuck up, angry, sad, or just really serious. I never intended to come off that way and was always puzzled why I did. I probably suffer from a classic case of resting b*tch face. :D

Yes, definitely! It sounds much easier for me to get my thoughts down through writing because that way I'm able to go back and revise what I said. Sometimes when I speak, I get tongue-tied and lose my train of thought quite easily. It's also hard for me to project some of my thoughts into words. It's like I have the idea in my head, but I can't pinpoint the exact phrase, word, or way of how to say what I want to say, so sometimes I feel like people would assume I'm a moron.

Not really. I'm either in a rut where I feel like I'm mentally older or even much younger due to my childish tendencies.

I wouldn't say I'm "talented," but I am capable of writing cohesive essays and what not.

I dream of being a visual artist and being able to support myself doing that.

Rune

MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you are an INFP:

I feel more comfortable being submissive, but I haven't been able to stand down very easily.. or when I do, it probably seems half-hearted or like people see me as controlling deep down.. I would put on a show of submissive behaviors without actually feeling submissive basically.

Sometimes I ignore them, sometimes I feel hurt, sometimes I hold grudges.. it usually depends on who and how close I am to that person, I guess.

I haven't been very emotionally reactive lately, but sometimes people catch me listening to really strongly emotional music and I will show noticable embarrassment, or they'll catch me dancing in my room to a song that really resonates with me.. and they probably have no doubts in their mind that I am very feely.. xD
but yeah.. a few years ago, when I was in college, I was so overwhelmed I burst into tears.. and sometimes I would burst out laughing uncontrollably in inappropriate places.. lol..
it doesn't matter who is around.. lol.. I just try not to let myself get to that point.. so I probably seem very aloof generally. =O

I have no idea.. I imagine I'd be like a cat. If I'm unhealthy I would probably want much more attention, though.. >.<

I can be.. I like sarcasm.. but I prefer being sarcastic when I'm flirting, which is rare.. so I guess that I am not often sarcastic.. I usually just enjoy other peoples' sarcasm..

Are you silly?
yes.

Were you shy as a child?
I might have been less shy as a child.. Sometimes I think I was supposed to be an extrovert, but people bullied me into staying quiet.

Sometimes..

I have literally had nervous breakdowns in a support group..
I love my friends, but I could not announce emotional things to them all at the same time like I sometimes think they expected of me. -shivers-

I was more likely to notice how young I looked compared to them.. People always thought I was way younger, and I was tiny and petite enough that even though I didn't want to be a cheerleader they wanted to put me at the top of the pyramid because I was tiny or whatever.. @.@
I walked outside to answer the door the other day, and the lady asked me if my mom was home.. I'm 28.. lolz.. and my friend wouldn't stop laughing about that.. >.>
but I got out of socializing, so sweet.. but that was what he noticed.
Most of my friends are percievers, though, so yeah, I don't really notice age very much.

What I can't speak, I can always write and get my message across.. how eloquently, I do not know, but people understand me better and that's what is most important to me.. [even though I do love my flowery language.. x3]

Psychologist, I guess. :unsure:

Virgo1987

MBTI Type
Infp
If you are an INFP:

Cops make me a little nervous because of bad experiences I've had with them (and heard from close families/friends), but if some of them didn't abuse their position by being racist I'd not be nervous.

Still. I don't mind any authority figures. I stay out of their way, though. Anyone I see in a uniform, I just smile or give an innocent wave (if they happen to come through where I work), but I don't speak to them like they're regular people because they just make me nervous and I'm unsure of what their motives are or who they are as people.

When I was younger I'd clam up and keep quiet. Now that I'm older I'll defend myself by talking back.

I am only around close friends... sometimes that gets me in trouble because they'll sometimes try to tell me to see things their way, but in the heat of the moment I'm like NO-- this is how I feel and that's all that matters to me. I'm working on that.

No, but I wouldn't mind a text or a phone call or a message or an email from a friend of mine. Even a tumblr message is nice! I don't need a lot of attention, but it'd be nice. I'm the only friend out of all the friends I have that reaches out to them every so often or a few times a week. I've never had a friend do that to me except for my best friend when we were growing up and going through school. I think as you get older, life changes so drastically and things get in the way (family, kids, jobs, etc.) so I understand hat, but it'd still be nice to not be the one always reaching out.

Yes. It's terrible. I am sarcastic AF. My mom frequently calls me a "smart-ass" because 8 times out of 10 I just have to reply to things sarcastically. Even when I tell jokes or talk about something that happened, I'll be sarcastic AF.

Are you silly?

YES. I am straight up goofy. I do the whole "lmao", "lmfao", address people like "dude" and "chica" around my friends, write down my wacky dreams and then go back to read them and giggle about the stupidity and goofiness of them, wear funky looking sunglasses, dance around the house, use the emoji's with the tongue sticking out. I do it all.

Were you shy as a child?

Very. I never hung around with extended family. During family get-togethers I was always glued to my parent's legs or sitting somewhere near them. Same for my older brother -- he would always get frustrated because he's the outgoing one and I was the complete opposite.

In school I only had 3 close friends I'd hang out with outside of school and about 10 friends during school hours. And only one friend, for a very long time, I felt comfortable sleeping over their house. Later on another friend made me feel comfortable to sleep over as well, but it helped because my best friend was friends with her too so we'd have sleepovers together.

I have no real idea to be honest. My co-worker friends think I'm the most laid back person they know in the building or find me really funny. I don't even think they see those traits in me even though when I'm outside of work I am that way at times.

Not usually. I am a very direct person or as direct as I can be.

NEVER. I am an old soul. When I was a child I didn't realize what didn't click, but by the time I made it to the age of 17 or so and I saw how everyone around me that was my age acted or reacted, that's when I started to think about it. Also that I've always had a thing for older dudes that doesn't stem anywhere from the typical "daddy issues" reason that so many people like to say.

I also have older friends. I've been friends with people that are old enough to be my mom or dad's ages. I'm just always around older people and find being around people my age (in their 20s and sadly, even their 30s now our days) to be more about nonsense than real sense.

I also refer to people my age as "kids" and it makes my older friends laugh because they're like "Wait, you're their age too!" but at the same time, they talk to me like they talk to the friends their age like I am right at their level.

I adore older people. I always have. I always will.

No. I've been writing fanfiction since I was 10 years old, but I'm not the best at it. I've gotten better, but I don't take it seriously and I don't do serious writing. I do enjoy writing a great deal though, but reading not so much. I usually get reviews and some people are like oh my god that was such a good chapter and I'm all like...no it wasn't, but I always think anything I do isn't good.

Well... I always wanted to work in the entertainment business. When I was younger I thought by the age of 20 I'd be this singer or song-writer, but it didn't happen that way and I think a lot of my shyness that I still have somewhere inside of me prevented me from doing that (but never say never!)

For 10 years I taught myself how to graphic design and I've had an online store selling my work for about 3 years now.

I also enjoy video editing.

For the rest of my life I want to do something that's about using my creativity.

Currently I work in the tech department at my job, which is nice because I love technology so much (only thing that doesn't fit in with my 'old soul' behaviors), but the job is very boring because I am not creating.

Everything I love to do is about using my imagination to create something.

----------

Also, I know this is for those not an INFP, but YES I talk a lot. I honestly think it's because I'm an INFP, but also because my mother is a full blown Italian straight out of Italy and she talks just as much as I do. When i'm around her, I don't speak at all because she's talking, but the minute I start talking to my father, forget it -- I'm rattling on and he's just quiet as a mouse.

I won't talk around people I'm uncomfortable though or if I just feel uncomfortable even around those I feel comfortable, I won't talk much.

1. Responding to authority figures: I don't so much have a problem with authority as I do with corrupt or incompetent authority figures. Order is what separates a civilization from barbarians. I do however look at what is being done in the name of order and what type of authority is being applied.

2. How do I respond to someone talking down to me? Haha, Not well. Arrogance angers me. Confidence is fine. A little modesty and humility never hurt anyone and you're far more likely to gain my respect by using confidence with humility. I'll verbally duke it out with pompous people. I'm not a child and I sure as hell won't stand being addressed like one.

3. I am emotionally reactive? Not really except when someone riles me up. Otherwise I stay even. As for being emotionally reactive in public. No. I'm reserved and even if I'm angered I'll keep a lid on it until out of the spotlight.

4. Do I need a lot of attention in relationships? No more than any human being. What I need often is space. Time to reflect after absorbing outside information.

5. Are you really sarcastic? Yes. Usually in a playful general sense. More about situations than people. Piss me off and it can turn personal, however.

6. Am I silly? Yes I have an absurd and sometimes morbid sense of humor. I'm usually only silly with people I know well.

7. Was I shy as a child? Yep. Still am. I've always had a few close friends and I prefer it that way.

8. Do people mistake my reserved behavior for being aloof? Always. I've had people always say they thought I was mean or snobbish until they talked with me. Resting bastard face syndrome. :)

9. Do I have difficulty expressing myself verbally. To strangers yes. To friends no. I'm much more focused and articulate with my thoughts in writing.

10. Did I feel older when I was younger? I hated adults treating me like I was four when I was say eight so I'd always give the impression that I was too serious as a child. A nice boy they'd say to my father but so serious they'd usually add.

11. Am I a talented writer? I am good at coming up with fairly unique plots and fleshed out characters in stories but I am awful at pacing and overall description. Dialogue and interaction between characters is my strength. Maybe I should be a script writer and not a novelist.

Haku

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
If you are an INFP:

-Ever since I was a little girl, I've been considered rebellious. But while I can understand why I've been coined as such, personally I feel like I've just always been doing what I feel is right, and ignoring or avoiding what I feel is wrong. However, if I don't know someone very well, I become submissive through pure nervousness and shyness. But, if said authority is really going against my values, I will start to question them pretty quickly. Interestingly enough, I was considered the ultimate teacher pet up until fourth grade because of this. I was quick witted, and quick to question. Apparently these qualities in a kid is endearing. But in a kid nearing maturation...not so much. You're seen as a rebel, and someone who stomps on authority. The same things I did that made me well liked and respected by teachers when I was younger, got me in trouble when I got older. You're no longer questioning and seeking an answer, you're challenging authority. I don't know about other INFPs, but personally, there's only been one time in my life where I actually challenged authority. Most of the time I'm actually really just trying to figure the other person out.

-If I know them well, I'll speak up. If it's someone I don't know well, I usually ignore them, but tag them as someone to avoid in the future.

-Only when I'm angry, and only with those I'm comfortable with. It makes me severely uncomfortable to share my emotions with others, even people I'm close to. I'm always afraid they'll make me appear weak, or that someone will use them against me. Which has happened before. I guard my emotions well and keep them under lock and key, and only anger manages to escape that prison when it bubbles over the top. After I have one of these spells of releasing my anger, I become sullen and withdrawn for a couple of days before going back to my normal. I've never been emotionally reactive in public that I can think of.

-Never been in a relationship, so I wouldn't know.

-Mmmm. No. I would say I'm cynical and it just comes off as sarcastic.

Are you silly?

-I have my moments with people I'm close to. But even they have told me to "lighten up" at times. For the most part I'm a pretty serious person. It's only once in a great while do I feel playful.

Were you shy as a child?

-Not when I was young, but when I entered school that all changed. I began to realize I was different from what everyone perceived as "normal". I got strange looks for doing or saying things out of the norm. I was highly intelligent as a child and eager to learn and understand, and even that was considered odd among the children my age. So I stopped talking to people I didn't feel comfortable around. I began to feel self conscious, and then became shy as a result.

-Ahahaha. All the time. Honestly it's a rarity that people see it as anything but aloofness. If they only simply said hi, I think they'd understand they've written me off completely wrong, but not many people ever do bother to go that far.

-Yes. Yes. Yes. The vulnerability I feel when trying to express myself verbally makes me want to shrivel up and disappear. I honestly would prefer typing out feelings with people I didn't know well. But would make the effort to verbally express with those I'm comfortable with, providing they made it clear they were willing and actually wanted to hear how I felt. That it was important to them, and they wanted to understand.

-As a child I felt like I could understand older people better. Now I just feel like a child. xD

-Meh. I might have the talent, but I have to have the urge to actually write before I write. You know that urge? The one where you just have inspiration and your hand just wants to write? Yeah, that one? Then I just go with the flow and write until that need feeling disappears. And that's as far as I go. xD I don't have what it takes to actually write books or anything. Too structured and disciplined for my liking.

I wanted to be a vet, but down the road it became something that just didn't feel fun. Now I feel wishy washy since I don't really know. But I've been toying with the idea of becoming a Translator recently. I do like languages and hearing them. And other cultures and parts of the world have always interested me so it seems like a good idea.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting how these threads live on, it's really meant to now be more of a sample questionnaire than actually helping the OP so long ago. :smile:

Lucy_Ricardo

MBTI Type
INFP
Q: How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?

A: I am discerning when it comes to authority. I always question it, but I'm not averse to deferring to authority when it's the right thing to do.

Q: How do you respond to someone talking down to you?

A: I respond as if they weren't being condescending. It used to hurt my feelings, but now I just internally roll my eyes and move on.

Q: Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?

A: I'm almost always emotionally reactive on the inside, but I don't let it come out unless it's with someone I'm close to.

Q: Do you need a lot of attention in relationships?

A: I prefer thoughtfulness over attention. I'm pretty autonomous, so I don't need to spend every moment with someone to feel loved--I'm happy just knowing someone is thinking of me.

Q: Are you really sarcastic?

A: Only to be funny. Being sarcastic to be mean is gauche and unclever.

Q: Are you silly?

A: Definitely, but only around my inner circle. Acquaintences who become friends are always shocked when they learn I love to laugh and be silly.

Q: Were you shy as a child?

A: Maybe not shy, but definitely socially self-conscious. I've been called off-beat and weird since I was little, and it used to worry me. The worry is still there sometimes.

Q: Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness?

A: I'd imagine so, but no one has ever said as much to me.

Q: Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally?

A: Not usually, unless I'm trying to talk about something really important. I think extensively about how I want discuss something important so I can have my thoughts organized before I begin the talk.

Q: Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?

A: Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Q: Are you a talented writer?

A: Yes--I'm much more eloquent on paper than in person.

Q: What do you want to be when you grow up (career)?

A: An editor. And I am one! But I always have my sights set on achieving more. A person's reach should always exceed her grasp.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you are an INFP:

hmm, well the only authority figures in my immediate life are my parents, and I've always been respectful of them growing up. Out of my sisters (oldest is entp and the youngest is enfp) I was the well behaved child, even in school I never disrespected anyone, in fact I loved my teachers, I was a bit of a teachers pet haha. So id say overall I'm submissive. But there have been many times I recall being trusted with watching the class if the teacher stepped out and I'd talk with them, and then let them know to be quiet when the teacher was coming back 😂 As I've gotten older, I've also been more confrontational with my parents. I try not to disrepsect them, but if they say or do something I strongly disagree with I will fight it. It's never been anything too serious though. So long story short, generally submissive but I will fight back if it goes against something I believe.

It depends. Sometimes I just ignore it because if they dont know me I dont care. If its something I think is really bad or upsetting, like calling me something I am morally against then I do get upset and argue. If it's true, I wont be that upset because I know I'm flawed and I can admit that. But usually I'm not easily angered.

Nope, I'm definitely not emotional in public and I have good control/understanding of my feelings for the most part. I'm very emotional and sensitive, and if something affects me I usually cry, but that's never been an uncontrollable issue. I actually like feeling things in general, letting myself cry and be emotional feels great sometimes.

Not a lot, I'm cool with having space. But I like doting on others so if I get that treatment back you wont see me complaining haha. It's nice to be paid attention to in the form of listening to me, sweet kisses and cuddles, genuine compliments, and well thought out plans for us to do together. But if by attention you mean flattery 24/7, calling me every day, and spending every waking momemt with me, that's not necessary lol.

Noo, I'm not sarcastic at all ;)

Are you silly?
Absolutely 😜 I always have been since I was little, but nobody really sees it until they get to know me and I feel comfortable. Online it's easier for me to be bubbly and silly. In person I'm friendly too, just really quiet.

Were you shy as a child?
Yes and I still am. With strangers I didnt even speak unless I was spoken to. I shook my head yes/no a lot. I just shyly smiled at everyone unless I knew them, and honestly I still do that one :blush:

Not that I can remember. People tell me I'm very warm and soft, I smile a lot even when I'm nervous so I guess that's why people see me as friendly most of the time. I can ne aloof, but nobody's ever said that about me.

Yes! It's the worst lol, I never say what I want to say, I get anxious and start talking a little faster trying to get it all out, and I stink at eye contact.

Growing up yes, but now not really. I always feel more comfortable talking to 20 something year olds than 19 year olds.

Well I wouldn't say talented lol, but I like to write c:

I'm pretty undecided here but I have ideas. Interior designer, child psychologist, horticulturist, traveller, blogger/writer, and volunteer work with animals/children.

atplay

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Super late to the party but thought I'd share...

Quite terribly. Growing up, I had both a desire to please authority figures and a significant distrust and or rejection of them. But after middle school and through high school, during that transition period where pre-teenhood the "you're not the boss of me" attitude definitely intensified an already pre-existing jaded perception of authority figures. I wouldn't even classify myself as a confident child then, quite the opposite- yet strangely, I lived my life reacting to new adults or authority figures with a sense of critical assessment lol.. I do wonder if other INFPs can relate to this?

I am better at hiding reactions than I was before, but I will evidently appear pissed off. I don't take it well, but if I am in an unfamiliar setting I will opt to refrain from counter attacks and instead just leave.

Yes, but those who don't know me well enough or aren't familiar with me will not be able to tell. But my most extreme reactions are behind closed doors, where only the people that live with me (family) witness.

Yes, but no.. What I need is quality attention, since meaningful interactions become timeless in a way and can sustain me for quite a while. This is why I suspect that maybe long distance relationships might work for me in that aspect, but I still wouldn't attempt it because the drawbacks seem to be too great.

Not extremely. It tends to be a coping mechanism instead or used as a way of disarming an otherwise rude or callous person. Occasionally, I am playful with it.

Are you silly?
Yes.

Were you shy as a child?
Yes and not extremely confident. Always doubting and insecure.

Yes, when they haven't known me long enough. I think I let most people know pretty quickly how much I like them. If I don't like them, there's pretty much no opportunity for development lol. To strangers, it can be difficult to distinguish reservedness from aloofness. I would describe the NTs in my life as aloof and the TJs as reserved. Basically because Fe is hard to understand for me, any Fe user can come across as aloof to me. Yes, even ESFJs...

Speaking wise, yes. Writing is so, so much easier.

As a child growing up, there was definitely a sense of "I dont belong, please see that I am wiser than my peers!" that was too desperate. But now, I would consider myself more immature than people younger than me lol.

I wouldn't say so, but I had a phase where I was obsessed with writing. Was it any good? No... God no, the worst anti-feminist plots, terrible grammatical structure and literally zero structure. For psychological comfort, I pretend it never happened.

Someone good, someone happy and someone who succeeds at sharing that with other people with meaningful results to show for it. Yeah, basically it's still a question I can't answer yet.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP here

Do they ever talk too much or too little?: Honestly my experience with INFPs is they talk a good amount once the scary intro stage is over. :)

Do they seem stuck up?: No. They are actually some of the sweetest most down to earth people.

Do they seem aloof or just quiet and reserved?: I would say reserved. But my experience is once the friendship is established they become very open.

Do you think they come off as emotionally unstable?: Mmmmm sometimes tbh. It is more in conflict or when they are already distressed and something else is punching them. I have an INFP that when her insecurity acts up it is pretty bad, but I do love her.

In general, how would you profile a male INFP?: I honestly haven't met a male INFP.

In general, how would you profile a female INFP?: Sweet, serene, calm, bubbly when happy. Can write some very deep introspective things. Passionate. Strong values.

What do you think of INFPs as coworkers, subordinates, or authority figures?: I haven't worked under an INFP of any type but if they were co-workers I'd enjoy their company. As subs I think I could work with them well in my experience of getting along with them.

How do you view INFPs in romantic relationships? : I figure as long as you can control the possibility of intense insecurity, it would be fine.

VRose

I'm always respectful and polite to a fault. When a person, such as a boss, is more experienced than I am, I will easily bow to their expertise. If however I don't respect or agree with an authority, I will nod and smile then quietly do my own thing anyways.

I dont really feel like people talk down to me often. One thing that drives me crazy is people who feel that their way of thinking/living is the only right way and we should all think/live as they do. These people I avoid like the plague. If someone does push me to my limit, which almost never happens, I will politely disagree or state my opinion then exit the conversation ASAP. This is something I've only been able to do since gaining the confidence of adulthood.

Are you very emotionally reactive?
Publicly, I am not emotionally reactive AT ALL. I'd bite my tongue until it bleeds before I'd make a public scene. The exception is if someone is being bullied. I took on a band of teenagers in the woods one day because they were picking on another teen. I didn't think it through much, I just reacted because I sensed an injustice. At home with my kids and husband I let my guard down and react freely. Anger, affection, frustration... whatever, they get the whole range. It always surprises me when someone who doesn't know me well says that I'm always so sweet and peaceful. If only they knew! :happy2:

No. My husband is an ENTJ and we're both extremely independent.

Only when I'm drunk or really comfortable with someone. My humor leans more toward gentle teasing and self-deprecation.

Are you silly?
Yes, very. Again, when I'm drunk or very, VERY comfortable with someone. I can probably count on one hand the number of people in my life who ever see the real me.

Were you shy as a child?
It's funny but I was never shy until highschool. Up until then my teachers described me as "a social butterfly" or "the class clown".

Probably. :unsure:

Yes. I have trouble expressing myself at all in a large group or with strangers. When I'm with my close friends I get so excited that my thoughts fly and I stumble on my words.

Not during highschool or even college. I still don't really feel like I'm at the same wavelength as most people around me but I'm old enough now to realize that I don't have things figured out any better than anyone else.

I can't speak for talent but writing is my greatest passion. It's my happy place, my escape from the real world. Plus my ideas seem so much better when I can refine and edit them for hours. :)

I'm in my mid- thirties now so I can objectively day that careers I excel in involve helping others, one-on-one relationships and set routines with a large degree of freedom in how tasks are carried out. Pretty specific, huh? The best job I ever had was in a group home for adults with intellectual disabilities. There was one other assistant with me and four adults we cared for. The organization was faith- based so there was a huge emphasis placed on celebrating individual strengths, forming strong relationships and fostering a sense of community. Needless to say, as an INFP I was like a fish in water. I left that job to be a stay at home mom which I also loved but actually found more challenging because I had to impose routine on myself and, at times, rely heavily on Te which SUCKS. Now I work in senior care. I go into private homes or institutions and provide companionship and personal care for seniors. My pipe dream would be to support myself at least part-time as a writer but I know it's not a very realistic dream.

Thank you for the interesting questions. Its always fun to self-reflect and I find comfort in knowing there are other INFP's out there in the world. It's nice to know I'm not alone. :bye:

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
I’m outwardly very submissive to authority, but I resent it a lot.

I will either point out all the things they’re doing wrong to illustrate that they are, in fact, a hypocrite, or I’ll write about it later.

Supposedly yes. People act pretty shocked on the rare occasions when I stand up for myself, and I’ve definitely been accused of being emotionally reactive. But others are just as reactive or moreso, so it’s a bit of a joke.

No, not really. I like attention as much as anybody but I like a lot of space as well.

Not really? I don’t like sarcasm in casual conversation. It’s so unnecessary. Although I apparently have a habit of laughing during confrontations, which I suppose is a sarcastic thing to do.

Are you silly?
Yes, of course.

Were you shy as a child?
Yes... people literally weren’t sure if I could actually speak. And it took me years to land a job, because of the whole shyness thing.

No, I don’t think so. People say I’m really warm. I like listening to people, which counteracts the reserved vibe a bit.

Verbally yes, although it’s gotten easier. I love to write, so that’s like my real platform for expression.

Never. I’ve always had a sense of being wiser and more mature than my peers but also more playful. So as a kid, it was difficult being around other kids and I definitely preferred to talk to adults. But as an adult I can see that other adults really deprive themselves of fun, while kids have plenty of it.

Yes. Lol.

A writer, musician and entrepreneur. Maybe with a bit of design and IT stuff on the side. And I’d love to work with plants and animals. There are so many things I'd like to do, but I’ve decided to stick with the arts.