INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    Don't like them, too emotional.
    Well, that's very informative.

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFJ

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?

Teachers I sometimes question, especially if they've gotten me angry (I hold teacher-grudges). I'm pretty submissive with my parents, though.

How do you respond to someone talking down to you?

As in.. bullying? If so, then I'm not sure. It's been a while since anything like that has happened.

If someone is yelling at me for whatever reason, I'll just sit there and take it. I freeze up and become emotionless.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?

It depends I guess. I think I am with those I'm comfortable with.

Do you need a lot of attention in relationships?

Yeah. I need to know people are there for me. And in a romantic relationship, I need to be reminded every so often that I am loved, if not, I start worrying.

Are you really sarcastic?

If I am, I haven't noticed.

Are you silly?

When Im with people Im comfortable with. It's mostly impulsive silliness.

Were you shy as a child?

Yes, very. Now I'm just reserved.

Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness?

I don't think so.

Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally?

Oh yeah. I'll be talking about something and then I'll suddenly just stop and stare because I've lost my place. I never know how to say what I'm trying to say. It's easier in writing.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?

I've always felt older.

Are you a talented writer?

Other people say so, yeah.

What do you want to be when you grow up (career)?

I have no idea anymore.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

If you are an INFP:

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?

I generally know right from wrong and follow the generally accepted rules of law a society. Anything beyond that I view as my life and my choice. I also don't think they're any better than I am, be they a boss, cop, or parent. So I won't accept any constraint if I think I'm right.

If I've done something wrong, I'm likely already aware and I'm harder on myself than anyone else is. If I'm being chastised, I'll either zone out or argue, depending on the consequences of a fight. If I'm completely unaware that i was out of line, I'll apologize, feel like a horrible human being, and adjust accordingly.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?

Outbursts are rare. When they do come, it's over something that's progressed over time, so my arguments are well thought-out, even if emotional. Only in private, and very, very rare. Outbursts seem such a waste of energy. I'm also over it the next day and don't hold a grudge.

Probably less than most. But I'm pretty happy on my own so when I do find someone I want to know and enjoy spending time with, I do want to feel close and connected. It's important to know that I am valued, but that's pretty simple.

Bitingly sarcastic, and very surly. But only around people who know me and understand I'm not serious.

Are you silly?

Quite silly, but again it only comes out around people I know.

Were you shy as a child?

True.

Yes.

Depends. If it's business, I am very thorough and words flow quickly. If it's personal though, I want the most impact with the fewest words, and I choose my words carefully. I also feel the pressure to make sure I am understood, which I often fail at.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?

Probably older. I've always been very philosophical.

Not as an artist. But I can get my point across eloquently, with proper grammar and punctuation most of the time. I love words...

Nomad.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

If you are an INFP:
    * Disclaimer Ė I swing back and forth between INFP and ENFP, so I maay not have the most accurate results for youÖ

It depends on the type of authority figure, and what kind of authority they are trying to assert... I pretty much close down in an argument when someone is yelling, debate Iím fine with, actual argumentsÖ not so much... I donít really question authority, but then again, I donít NOT question it either... I question anything which doesnít sit well with me, and those are generally things worthy of being looked at no matter who is asserting themÖ

Not very well, like I said previously, if itís someone yelling at me or emotionally upset with me I pretty much freeze up and take it, itís kind of go into my own head, Iíll feel so horrible I wonít know how to physically make the words I want to come out come outÖ but if itís just someone talking down to me because they think they know better it brings out my argumentative side, I HATE being spoken down to or spoken to like a child.

Reactionary in an emotional situation: Big fat yes. I tend to pick up and carry other peopleís emotions, if someone is unhappy with me instead of actually stepping back and trying to fix things in a rational manner Iíll pretty much do anything I can to make them feel better. Even at my own detriment. Sometimes I have overreacted to things in public and am intensely embarrassed about it afterwards.

Romantic attention no, it smothers me. i like a little bit of space in the relationship, then again I donít want to be neglectedÖ hmm, hard to please on that one, itís just the right balance between letting me feel free enough to have my own space and do my own thing, but no so free that I feel the other person doesnít care.

Actually no. I can be obnoxious, but sarcasm not so much these days.

Are you silly?

I have spongebob squarepants stickers on my fridge and car. I am 29. Does that count?

Were you shy as a child?

It depended on the situation, but more often than not yes.

I have horrible anxiety about meeting new people as an adult, apparently I do very well at it and donít seem to have problems making friends, it just makes me feel horrible and almost physically ill trying to keep all the nerves inside.

Yes, but at othertimes I can be incredibly unreservedÖ there goes my interchangeabilityÖ.

When someone is angry at me or I think they might be angry at me if I say what I want to or if it will lead to conflict yes, otherwise nope Iím pretty good at it.

No, when I was younger I felt older than my peers, now I feel much younger..

I hope Iím at least an okay writer, considering itís what Iíve gone back to university to do (journalism major).

I enjoy it immensely and after finally getting my prose back after years and years of writers block, nothing relaxes me more when I have bouts of insomnia than to write down all the stupid stuff that happens to me outside of my control or because I donít think enough before acting. Like accidentally flashing my real-estate agent my boobs, getting petrol/gas in a towel or the ongoing saga of someone stealing my garden bin and me stealing it back in pre-dawn raids... stupid, stupid things...

Happy. In a job I donít absolutely despise.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SurlyAdam View Post

Nomad.
    Good choice.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?

So, I'm basing this off of my brother, the only INFP I'm close to.
    If you are not an INFP:

Do they ever talk too much or too little?
    Far too little. Though the things they say probably wouldn't be nearly as interesting if they weren't such rare little gems.

Do they seem stuck up?
    No, just have their own goals in mind, and don't really care about anyone else's. A bit happier to assume things about others than they'd like to admit.

Do they seem aloof or just quiet and reserved?
    There's a difference?

Do you think they come off as emotionally unstable?
    Until they're forced into facing the consequences of their actions. Brother dearest had a terrible temper. Now he's in the military and much easier to deal with.

In general, how would you profile a male INFP?
    annoyingly astute, and a bit frat-boyish when partying

What do you think of INFPs as coworkers, subordinates, or authority figures?
    Coworkers- impossible
    Subordinates- reliable, but a tendency to goof off in creative ways when they don't see the point of the work
    Authority Figures- excellent leaders, but leave the field marshalling to us

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Why do INFP's seem to be emo?

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Looks at INFP *Sees knife and calls suicide hotline*.
    Sarcastic LOL.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Wow what an old thread ... OP in 2007!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Heh, yeah. I thought about replying, but I don't think anyone is reading anymore.