User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?
    I'm...kinda hostile? Haha. What I mean is, I expect someone to respect me before I respect them. Which doesn't always go over well...

How do you respond to someone talking down to you?
    Not well. It's one of my major pet peeves.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?
    Argh, I want to say just people I'm comfortable with, but I've been provoked in public to tears before. Not one of my finer moments. But yeah, my emotions can go haywire when buttons are pushed. (Not usually anger, though.)

Do you need a lot of attention in relationships?
    Yes and no. I want to be noticed and treated special, but if I don't get my alone time, I'll explode.

Are you really sarcastic?

Used to be. Seem to have lost the art as of late.

Are you silly?
    All the time! But only people closest to me know.

Were you shy as a child?
    Nah, I was bossy and freewilled and obnoxious. When I hit puberty, though, yeah.

Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness?
    I've gotten that before. Apparently being quiet makes you a "snob."

Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally?
    I'm good with writing words, but aloud, I can sound a wee bit stilted. Like, I'll go back and resay something or correct myself.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?
    Mm, some peers, yes. Others? They make me want to slam my head against the wall and scream, "Are you all babies?!" But I've gotten that vibe of feeling younger than everyone in a group before. Ack, I'm failing at this question...

Are you a talented writer?
    I've been told so by numerous people: some who are being nice, and others who have no reason to be nice.

What do you want to be when you grow up (career)?
    Novelist! Ah, it'll be tough, but a girl can dream, right? (That and an editor. It'd be amazing.)

If you are an INFP:

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?
    i'm pretty lucky that i went to a great art high school that taught me confidence and self worth, but it also sort of spoiled me. i was crazy loon in college. kidding. definitely butted heads with some teachers in college.

i draw them into a overly analytical conversation trying to find out why they said it. they give up because of exhaustion. but by the end there's usually no bad blood.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?
    yes. i think i'm pretty reserved around most people.

yes. my partner needs to be a good listener and a good conversationalist.

i can be. people say i'm impressionable. i have a tendency to mirror people which i don't think is the same thing as being inauthentic. so yes, if i'm hanging out with my bitchy gay friend i'm probably more sarcastic.

Are you silly?
    really silly and only when i'm comfortable. my personality/mood is usually reflected in my clothing... sometimes its all black (usually) it's my game face or if i'm feeling festive i'll wear something absurd like a skirt arranged as a top.

Were you shy as a child?
    i was silly and extroverted when i was really young. i became quieter as i grew older.

yeah.

not really. although i have a tendency to speak in tangents. my friend says i talk like someone playing jazz.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?
    teenage years were difficult because girls were gossipy and cruel. now it's more evened out.

i used to write a lot and i think i was pretty good. if i wrote a book now it would have to be simple like a children's book.

i'm already grown up, unfortunately. something that suits my talents and my interests and hopefully is stable.

MBTI
    INFP

I usually go along with what they say, unless it is really stupid or pointless to do so. As a kid, my disobeying or questioning an adult was very rare. I've noticed that I now have a tendency to mock whoever the authority figure is in my life—excepting my parents—when I'm with friends. High school principal, college administration, presidents, whoever. I don't make them out to be stupid, but I enjoy making up ridiculous conspiracy theories about them. My teachers used to like me, though, because I was never bothersome in class, and I actually liked learning.

I usually try to ignore it since it happens at my job, and I work in retail. Sometimes, I don't think before I speak, and I say something snarky. I'll condescend right back. Yeah, it's not pretty.

Sometimes. Usually, I'm not in emotional in public, but once in a while the planets align just so, and I end up crying. It's embarrassing. It has more to do with my lack of life experience and the ability to cope than anything else, but it's annoying. I don't like showing that part of myself to anyone, even people close to me.

In concentrated doses, I guess. I like for someone to pay attention to me, but not for long periods of time. Maybe 5-30 minutes a day from people close to me.

Sometimes.

Are you silly?

I'm never silly unless I'm underwater between 3pm and 6pm EST. Ask any crustacean.

Were you shy as a child?

Hm, I think I was less shy back then, just really oblivious when it came to communicating with other kids.

In person, I'm a little bit of both—reserved in the sense that I don't share my own feelings and thoughts with strangers and aloof in the sense that I rarely want to hear about what strangers feel and think. I'm not rude about it, but I don't imagine it would go over very well if someone got that impression of me. Anyway, I usually avoid looking at people, so...I miss out on their reactions to my not looking at them.

Ugh, yes! I feel like the path from my brain to my mouth takes a far more circuitous route than the path from my brain to my hands. I can write much more easily than I can speak and with more clarity.

I used to feel like I was much more mature. I had a better grasp of things, and I didn't do stupid, dangerous things for fun. Now, I think I'm less mature because I'm not independent or emotionally mature.

I don't know. My spelling and grammar skills aren't terrible, but that isn't real talent. I'd have to get an independent opinion—preferably a review from the New York Times.

Writer/musician on the side.

These posts are so very long!

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

The most common type among my friends is INFP, so in my experience...

Do they ever talk too much or too little?
    I feel like they always have something more to say, but they won't even if I push for it.

Do they seem stuck up?
    Nah, more the opposite.

Do they seem aloof or just quiet and reserved?
    reserved, but not necessarily quiet.

Do you think they come off as emotionally unstable?
    Without a doubt!

In general, how would you profile a male INFP?
    Don't know any irl

In general, how would you profile a female INFP?
    The one's I know vary from extremely negative and pessimistic to always smiling and the most optimistic. They're on the extreme of the range my friends go. They don't usually make it easy to see, but they are volatile balls of emotion. When in a good mood however, they can be some of the nicest people I know.

What do you think of INFPs as coworkers, subordinates, or authority figures?
    All the ones I know are friends, and as friends they are very informative. I feel like they think the same way I do, but concentrated more on people and how they are involved on the bigger picture. I had a conversation about the "perfect society" with one, and she brought up a lot of good points about how individuals might feel about specific situations that I had not considered. Also, I feel closer to INFPs than any other type I have come into contact with including other INTPs.

How do you view INFPs in romantic relationships?
    Hmm.. I don't think I could handle a relationship with an INFP. All the INFPs I know have this in common: They want their bf to know exactly how they are feeling without having to say anything. Sometimes this makes them angry, and they let it grow until they become bitter. They expect perfection from their relationship, whether they want to fix their partner or expect them to act correctly. I prefer a relationship with everything out on the floor so it can be organized into the best situation possible, and playing detective can get annoying if I have to do it all the time.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

This thread is ancient, and probably doesn't need any more INFP responses, but whatever...

If you are an INFP: Why yes, I am!

I often question, unless I have long resolved to trust that authority, in which case I question them respectfully or I question to myself, and I will provide some answer to satisfy myself. I have a strong distaste for police, military and government. I balk at arbitrary rules, but I value and adhere to important principles.

I am submissive if defying is not worth the effort. I will obey, but seethe a bit. I may slowly start to break any rules I see as pointless; whatever I can get away with. I will avoid or get out of a situation where I don't like the authority ASAP.

I get upset. I may tell them not to talk to me like a child or talk down to them in return. What they are saying may be useful, but I will toss it all out the window at first because their perspective is no longer valid to me. However, I tend to reflect a lot, and upon further reflection I may glean something useful from what they said. Even as a child I responded best when people talked to me on their level.

I can be very emotionally reactive or I can withdraw. In a public setting where I am not comfortable my emotions may be stifled until I am alone or around someone I trust. If I am very stressed or upset, I can get snappy, defensive, or weepy around anyone.

I do tend to blow up & freak out from a seemingly docile state. My grandma introduces me to people as "the temperamental one". I'm Latin, and so lots of hand-waving ensues when I am upset. My whole body and face is thrown into it. If it's bad, I will do this in public, and yes, it creates a scene.

No. I need a lot of space, and attention that is thoughtful and meaningful.
    I like a LOT of alone time, but I don't like to be ignored either. In a romantic situation I do want to be two little peas in a pod, but with lots of breathing room for both of us.

I can be. My sister used to call me "Daria". People often describe my sense of humor as "sardonic". I can also be very dry and like to say ridiculous things in jest, but people don't know I am kidding and then I feel stupid!

Are you silly?
    My sarcasm can be silly & goofy actually. I'm not silly in a clownish way, but I am whimsical at times, and that can seem kind of dorky to some people.

Were you shy as a child?
    Very, very shy. I still am. It improves a little with age. I don't correlate shyness with introversion though. I can see how an introvert is more prone to shyness, but I think shyness is an anxiety disorder.

YES! It's been a reoccurring problem in my life. I have been accused of being unfriendly, snobby and rude, when I am just feeling timid and awkward.

Yes. I can express myself in writing much better, because I can organize my thoughts and find the perfect word. In speaking, the perfect word may allude me and I will get stuck trying to find it. I imagine my train of thought may be hard for others to follow. I also think in picture a lot, and translating that to words while speaking is difficult. Again, in writing I have time to analyze my own thoughts and make sense of them.

No, I always feel alienated from all people, especially my peers.
    When I was younger I felt older at times because I was somewhat "wise" for a child and very responsible. As I get older, I feel younger than my peers because I am a bit naive and inexperienced in some areas. However, I still get told I am wise for my age.

I can write pretty well. I write some amateur poetry and people seem to like it. I also write on my job, and it's been published without any negative criticism from people.

I first wanted to be a hairdresser, because my aunt was one and I thought she was really cool in this mysterious young aunt way. I then wanted to be a cartoonist, then an architect, and then a fashion designer. I settled on graphic design.

I've always secretly wanted to be a musician in a band too, and sing, play, and write my own songs (who doesn't dream of that? :P).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

I wanna do it for fun. :p

Hmm, that's a tough question. To be completely honest, I'm very much the type of person who will seem completely submissive and respectful in front of the intimidating authority figure, but secretly and passionately dislike and/or disagree with them behind their back.

I put up a strong, resilient front but then go into my bedroom and cry my pathetic little heart out.

I am, but most certainly not in public and only with a few select people. It's very hard for me to physically show those extremely reactive emotions.

I need more then I think I do.

Yes, very. It's the only why I can be humorous - dry, witty and sarcastic.

Are you silly?
    Ooh, yes. I can be very goofy and "blond" when I'm with those I love.

Were you shy as a child?
    Not really. I was very social, but also very awkward and quirky.

Yes, and they also mistake it as being snobby or prude. Which is completely not me.

Mhm, a very hard time. I am known, in the family, as being the one who communicates best through letters and writings.

Yes. I often forget age.

I wouldn't say talented, but I certainly do enjoy it.

Psh, you're asking ME to pick!? I am so indecisive and annoyingly spontaneous that I cannot just choose ONE career. I wanna do everything.
    *sigh*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

If you are an INFP:

I seem to either worship an authority figure, or completely disregard them. If it's the latter, I'm not outwardly rebellious, but totally passive aggressive.

I usually ignore them and bitch about it to one of my friends later.

Around people I trust. People who don't know me well think I don't even have any emotions.

I've never been in one, but I doubt it. I would probably like more space.

As far as friends go...well...I get embarrassed if I get too much attention or praise. I'd rather just be left in the background.

Yep. People misunderstand my sarcasm a lot and take it seriously. So many awkward moments in my life...

Are you silly?
    Extremely, but only around people I know well, and if I'm in a happy, energetic mood.

Were you shy as a child?
    Until I was 8 or so, I was super outgoing. Then I retreated into my shell until...now? I'm still working on it, I guess.

I don't think so. Most people tell me I'm a kind and caring person.

Me: Did that make sense?

Other person: Uh, no.

This happens 1987323875 times every day.

I've always felt I've been more mature than my peers, but that's probably my Fi lying to me. Socially, I'm behind.

Well, I wrote some pretty good limericks in the 4th grade. But no, actually, I'm a terrible writer, and I'm not trying to be modest.

I don't knoooooooooooooow. Stop asking meeeeeeeeeeeeee!

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

If you are an INFP:

When I was younger I took my parents as gods and every other authority was subject to them. Now an authority will be accepted until they do something to prove they don't deserve my submission.

I usually stare at them in complete disbelief. Like this: And then I'll tend to nod and mumble something and dismiss myself when I can. Or, if they've pissed me off I tell them they're wrong.

Yes, I think I'm pretty emotionally reactive. I'm very emotive (I don't really *have* a poker face). But, I don't "loose it" in public or, usually, even with those I'm comfortable with. I'm uncomfortable showing intense grief or anger to anyone as I've seen the former responded to very badly and the latter do damage. I think I'm known as being both emotional and logical. I use facts as a balance for the intensity of my emotions since I've learned that my emotions are very mercurial. I often will try and hold most of any intense reaction in until I've mulled it over simply because it is so intense.

Attention, no, affirmation, yes.

Dry maybe. I once heard sarcasm as "a way to say what you know you shouldn't but want to anyway" and I don't think I generally do that. If I don't think something should be said I don't say it. If I think it's ok than I do. I do have this eyebrow arching thing I do though, when people have said something I'm dubious about.

Are you silly?

Depends on who I'm around and when. I can be silly as a defensive mechanism sometimes, and I'm pretty silly around my students. If I'm happy than I'm silly, or relaxed. Otherwise I'm pretty intense.

Were you shy as a child?

I wasn't shy until I hit middle school but I was never one of the "popular" kids. I was ok with that as I thought they were vapid.

Considering the amount of times I've been called snotty for what appeared to be no reason? Sometimes.

I might if my father weren't an ENFJ and if weren't adhd. As it is, practice makes perfect and no. I have no problem expressing myself verbally. Standing up for myself verbally...that is an entirely different issue.

No? As a kid I had one or two friends and they were often older than me. I got along with most adults. I found most of my peers to be ridiculous. Now, I'm finding maturity to be rather relative.

That is subjective and I can't answer it.

Well....I would like to open this kind of art shop and have art classes in the evenings and do free work with local in and out-patient psychological care clinics where I would bring my products and have classes or they would come to my shop and do crafts and I would foot the bill and get to help people heal themselves a little.:rolli: Just...ignore my idealistic ramblings....
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

If you are an INFP:

I question all arbitrary authority. If there's a rule, I need to know why it's important for the big picture, otherwise I'll get mad it at and won't follow it. If there's a purpose to a rule, I have no issues with it.

I get that "blood boiling" feeling. It really irritates me. My reaction varies depending on my relation with the person. If it's someone I don't know well, I bottle it up and talk about it later with a friend. If I know them well, I'll probably point out what they're doing. Then I get home and create scenarios in which I approached the situation in a better way.

Unfortunately, yes. When I get happy, I get really excited! If I'm discussing something upsetting (particularly flaws about myself) I'll start crying. Then I start crying because I'm embarrassed I'm crying. It's a cycle. And it can happen anywhere, which is also embarrassing.

Yes. I need someone telling me I'm on the right track and complimenting my efforts, or else I start questioning if what I'm doing is worth it. But I also get annoyed when people invade my personal space, so I need a good balance.

Yes.

Are you silly?
    When I'm with people I'm comfortable around, then very much so. I'm more reserved around people I don't know because I don't want them thinking bad things about me.

Were you shy as a child?
    Extremely.

All the time. It's really frustrating. People might see me laughing and having fun with a close friend, then when I'm not that way in large groups they categorize me as "snobby" or "bitchy."

Yes. My thoughts come in all directions, get mixed up, then I get self-conscious because I don't feel like I'm being clear and people might think I'm totally out of it.

I've always felt younger. It's like they all grew out of fairy tales, and I'm still hoping my life will magically turn into one. Then there are times I feel older, like when I feel people don't consider others or their life passions.

I love writing, and my friends and classmates often tell me so.

An author. I'm currently almost done the draft of my first novel.
    "Imagination creates beauty, hope, magic, and happiness, which are everything in this world."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive? I was extraordinarily submissive as a child, but became timidly (then less timidly) rebellious as a teenager, and am not extraordinarily fond of them as an adult, depending on type. I question authority constantly but not to the point of being a rebel without a cause. I want to question authority intelligently, not just tear the structure down without contemplating how it is useful and how it isn't. I'm not an anarchist or a libertarian, but then again I'm not terribly fond of militaristic behavior either. I know bad cops exist. Etc.

How do you respond to someone talking down to you? As a younger person I would just let it happen and even asked myself if there was something wrong with me. I remember thinking that some people were better than me as a teenager. I completely got over that by my early twenties. In fact I'm pretty reactive toward people who think they can talk down to others. I hate condecension unless it's absolutely warranted.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with? I'm very emotionally reactive, more with people I'm comfortable with but sometimes in public.

Do you need a lot of attention in relationships? Yes and no. Yes I need lots of affection and reassurance but I also need space and time alone.

Are you really sarcastic? Only when hurt or offended.

Are you silly? Have you seen my avatar?

Were you shy as a child? Painfully.

Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness? Occasionally

Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally? It was once because I was afraid to speak up much, but now that I'm an adult it's because I'm too blunt and have open mouth insert foot problems. I express myself more clearly in writing.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers? In high school I imagined that I felt older than some of my peers.I think I may have been a little more mature than some, but not as mature as I assumed I was back then.

Are you a talented writer? I like to think so, but I'm still working on it.

What do you want to be when you grow up (career)? Idealistically a writer. Realistically probably a teacher or something that serves environmental or social needs.