User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    INFP

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?

Umm, I'm submissive because I have no choice and I don't want to create trouble, but I generally don't like authority. Jsut because I obey them doesn't mean I agree with their form of leadership. I'd sooner have no one teling me what to do.

How do you respond to someone talking down to you?

Depends on the person. If it really offended me and I know it isn't true then I'll argue back. But if its a group of people then I'll just back off.

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?

Only with people I'm comfortable with. I'm pertty quiet and reserved around strangers or people I don't know well. Around people I DO know, I can be quite emotional, at times, not always lol.

Do you need a lot of attention in relationships?

Don't know, haven't been in one yet

Are you really sarcastic?

In a humourous way yes, but not all the time. Only when I feel like it.

Are you silly?

Childishly silly. But it depends on the context. When its work and I KNOW I have to excell in something I'll get really serious about it. But if its for something not so important, or just hanging out with friends, a little silly yes.

Were you shy as a child?

A little. Until I warmed to people, then I was quite friendly.

Do people mistake your reservedness for aloofness?

Not really. People do say I'm friendly but anti social, well, the people who I'm not that close to anyway.

Do you have a hard time expressing yourself verbally?

To someone I know well and can trust, no. To a complete stranger or someone I know won't understand me/someone i don't know well, yes.

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?

I've always felt a little different.

Are you a talented writer?

People have said I am, but I think I've still got tons to improve on.

What do you want to be when you grow up (career)?

No idea. Something to do with the arts, or at least, human resource. NOthing scientific, mathematical or business-ey.
    Last edited by snowflurri; 11-04-2008 at 03:27 AM.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Hello INFPs. Why r u only 3/4 as cool as INTPs, I am wondering?

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Hello INFPs. Why r u like so much cooler than INTPs, I am wondering?
    Good question.

MBTI
    NF

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Hello INFPs. Why r u only 3/4 as cool as INTPs, I am wondering?
    Because INFPs are hawter.

MBTI
    InFp

If you are an INFP:

How do you respond to authority figures in your life? Do you generally question authority or are you pretty submissive?

I think this has been difficult for me, the youngest of three and after a violent and abusive drunken father for the first 6 years of my life has meant that the years following on have been quite difficult dealing with authority.
    Necessary authority i can manage, i suppose i question it to a degree, but more so whoevers delivering it and work from that whether or not its sensible and if im going to adhere to it

Rare that it happens these days, but when i was younger and unaware of my type and so forth, i used to be full of anger so it would usually provoke a very volatile response

Are you very emotionally reactive? If so, are you emotionally reactive in public or just with those you are comfortable with?

Only those i am comfortable with, and they are few and far between, but yes i would say i am very emotionally reactive, i can experience elation through other peoples, and also suffer the lowest of the lows, and struggle to maintain a happy medium

id say reassurance more than attention, although its always been a reassurance i can never describe, and i have always cut relationships off due to the lack of it, got to the point where i have given up now. i instinctively confuse my girlfriend when i have one, want them when i dont have them and dont want them there when i do, i just can never fully relax in other peoples company, which means i always maintain a distance, they begin to suspect my heart isnt in it or i am up to no good, which eventually becomes the case as the change between us provokes that sequence of events

more than i am anything else, in a dry and non offensive way usually although i can really go for it and offend like no other when i need to, which of course i usually avoid having to

Are you silly?

i would say ridiculous is more accurate

Were you shy as a child?

very, still am, always preferred playing on my own

often, and they are foolish enough to do so, then more often than not i fuel their assumptions by getting very random

dependant on situation, if i am not entirely sure of what i am trying to communicate, then stuttering, sweating, mumbling, embarressment is me, whereas when its a case of the opposite, then i am too

Have you always felt as thought you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?

no as someone mentioned previously, my way of thinking has always outcast me in my own opinion, find it very difficult to meet anyone who can comprehend my meanings and feelings and beliefs etc even when i was younger i just felt like the things that were fundamentally important to others had no baring on me, made me feel very isolated growing up, and still i am if im honest

when i put pen to paper, i would like to think so, if that is meant in the sense of actually writing something skillfully, then i would say so, althought grammatically, the accuracy is dependant on what i am writings importance, or on the other hand if its meant in the sense of imagery and delivery then i can be quite the story teller, bettter off vocally on the odd chance i am comfortable enough to speak up, which is often, i cant even eat with other people!

something that doesnt involve being part of a production line, in any sense on any scale

i would like to work with people, psychology, social work etc, something that i am actually interested in for something other than its financial outcome. I struggle with monotomy and find my attention diverts when i am faced with it. I can become quite irrational and everything turns inwards. The hardest thing to deal with i suppose is all the people who are more than content with the same old, day in day out and the fact they have no conception of how soul destroying i find it

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

I don't even recognise the concept of authority; at least not in the way that most people ususally appear to. So far as I'm concerned no-one, whosoever they may be, gets my respect automatically: they have to earn it. Furthermore the idea of any one person having power over another by violence, deprivation of liberty, or the implied threat of either (which is the essential basis of most authority) is utterly abhorrent to me. I tend to pick my battles fairly carefully these days though. Sometimes maybe too carefully in recent times... perhaps I have grown too fond of having a quiet life.

Well, if anyone tries doing that they will certainly lose whatever respect I previously had for them very quickly; if they don't show any they don't deserve it themselves. How I otherwise would respond would depend on the circumstances and the person involved.

If "reactive" is to be taken as a synonym for "demonstrative", I would say it's pretty rare for me to be so.

Maybe, it depends on the relationship. Oh, THAT kind of relationship... Well, I think the most important thing for me is to know that I matter, more than anyone else does, to the other person. Without that assurance or with evidence to the contrary I would not be at all keen on continuing in the relationship. Other issues are something I would regard as relatively trivial as I'm fairly easygoing and try to accomodate other people's needs if I can.

Nope, never. I don't know what could possibly give anyone that idea.

Are you silly?

Hmm... YouTube - Indian Thriller with English Lyrics!

Were you shy as a child?
    Not as a rule, though other kids may sometimes have got the impression that I was due to my lack of interest in saying anything to them. That wasn't usually due so much to a lack of interest in or dislike of them as to the feeling that there just wasn't much common ground. I seem to recall that when I was very young (about 7 or younger) I pretty often took the lead in whatever games were being played and persuaded my peers and occasionally older kids to join in, or at least tag along. But at a certain point around the age of 7 everyone else's interest in playing games in which the imagination was actually exercised seemed to wane within a short time period. So did my interest in playing the same games as my peers. It's never really returned

Heh, sometimes it IS aloofness. I find that there is plenty to be aloof about in this world. Otherwise I'm not necessarily that reserved.

I've never had such a problem, though sometimes other people might have a hard time hearing what I have to say, especially if I have taken it upon myself to tell them a few home truths (not that uncommon an ocurrence). Sometimes normal sentences can turn into tongue-twisters due to the fact that I'm thinking of several things at once and haven't really decided which one I was going to say, so it comes out as a kind of hybrid. But that would only be a problem if I worried about it, which I don't. I actually quite enjoy speaking to groups of people/in public, particularly when afflicted with the absurdly optimistic belief that I might actually be able to win them over to my point of view. Hey, once or twice I think I even HAVE. But there were a few relics of various agknowledged saints nearby at the time so I probably shouldn't claim too much credit...

Have you always felt as though you were at the same mental age as your chronological peers?

No, never. In some respects much older, and in some respects much younger (since early childhood at any rate).

The majesty of my unrecognised greatness is exceeded only by my overweening arrogance, its due recognition delayed only by the lethargy of my monumental idleness.

So. There.

That will never happen. Though if I were to make one or two more reluctant shuffles in that direction, it would naturally be nice to have the thnigs that "sucessful" adults want like power, fame and money in recompense. God knows they've eluded me so far. I've so far been a counsellor and become rather disillusioned by the obnoxious self-importance of many people in the profession and the fact that many people don't really want to be helped half as much as they want to continue getting attention for their "issues". I've managed to avoid standard higher education and its associated debts like the plague and haven't really felt that I've missed much.
    I've always been the greatest writer in the entire world, obviously, but my enthusiasm for actually producing anything substantial which is likely to facillitate my earning a living has just never been there. Maybe a few years of near starvation would do the trick, though I do seem to have a worrying ability to get by quite contentedly with very little material succour. I have been working quite hard the last few years at developing my latent musical abilities (very latent considering that I never had the opportunity to learn anything when I was younger due to my non-musical upbringing and thorougly antimusical home environment), and have made pretty good progress, though whether I could make a worthwhile career out of it is a somewhat moot point at present. Any creative endeavour I suceed in summoning any sustained enthusiasm for seems to require some kind of underlying moral purpose or I quickly lose interest. Sigh - what a cliche I am...

Smile

If you are an INFP:

I question authority, but only if I feel like they deserve to be questioned. If I feel an authoritative figure is being fair I respond well.

I loathe it. I tend to get defensive if they talk down to me.

I'm emotionally reactive only in certain situations. If it's politics, I'm okay with reacting publicly. If it's something personal, I tend to withdraw or very very rarely lash out. I almost never yell unless I'm being silly.

I need enough to make me feel loved and wanted and appreciated, but I don't feel comfortable with total adoration. I want a partnership.

Only if I feel like my real emotions are coming out.

Are you silly?
    I can be VERY silly.

Were you shy as a child?
    No, I got shyer as I got older. I was really outgoing as a kid, but over the years I felt more and more isolated - not for lack of company and friends, but just that I never felt like I was quite understood, except for a select few.

No. Except when someone's hitting on me. Then I turn on the aloof.

Only spoken. I can write until the cows come home.

Only recently. I always felt either a million years older or a million years younger.

Yes.

a satirist.

MBTI
    INFP

If you are an INFP:

I have this saying . . . there are "rules", and then there are "stupid rules". I don't do well with stupid rules. I was given a warning not long ago for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. I could plainly see there was no one at the intersection, so why do I have to come to a complete stop??

It bothers me greatly! I would never do that to someone, and expect the same courtesy.

Mostly in private, but occasionally, if something is really upsetting, I can lose it in public as well.

No, not at all. I'm fortunate though, that my husband is affectionate, so maybe if he weren't my answer might be different.

Always, but only in a joking way. I would never use sarcasm to offend anyone.

Are you silly?

Yes - very. My family and friends think I'm really goofy! I used to care what they thought - not so much anymore. I actually like being silly, different, weird!!

Were you shy as a child?

Painfully shy - I started coming out of my shell at around 16 or 17.

I don't think so - I would hope not.

Yes, at times I do. It is very frustrating to feel so strongly about something, yet not be able to get your point across. Usually after the conversation, I'll re-hash it, and think, Oh, I should have said that.

Never - when I was young, I felt much older. Now that I'm um "mature", I feel much younger. Go figure!

I'm much better with putting my thoughts on paper, than communicating verbally. I've actually played around with poetry and creative writing. I love to write, but can't figure out why I don't do more of it!!

I'll never grow up, but I would love to do something with music, writing, or psychology. I've thought about being a life coach with an emphasis on career coaching. Choosing a career has been such a struggle with me, I'd love to help other people in that area.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I just go with whatever I'm comfortable with, but don't fully agree. I'm kind of submissive, but I know when to become assertive.

I don't look people in the eyes no matter how they're talking to me. I'm told I look frustrated, though.

I internalize everything. It's rare when someone can actually read my face.

I don't do relationships. So no, I like my space.

Yeah, I am. And overly so.

Are you silly?

No, I don't think my silly side comes out that often. 'I'm too serious' is what people have said about me.

Were you shy as a child?

Somewhat, mostly quiet.

Yes, but whatever.

Always. Paper is my friend.

I've always felt older. Even my body was telling me that I was older. I kind of looked like a small adult in my appearance.

I write. I don't know about the talented part...

Anything in the Arts.

MBTI
    INFP

Usually I just go with the flow. If I disagree with an authority figure I won't take their stupidity and will generally either move on from them or have a very intense talk with them if i can't get out of it.

Before I would make it shown that it really depressed me, It makes me question myself.. Now, I guess I can hide that better, but I still feel horribly about it and slap myself in the face repeatedly for possibly agreeing with them.

Not generally in public with new people in a bad sense. I'll be emotional about certain topics but not in a way that shows through me, just emotional deep conversations.. in private with someone who is close to me, yes, if it is brought out..

I like my space but I also like to know that said relationship is still thriving. I just want to be around the other person, I don't generally think I need *attention* or think about that unless they've asked me to come see them and they end up paying attention to something else, all that for.. well nothing (unless its good for them)

I can be

Are you silly?

My imagination takes me to so many exciting places!! So yes, I am.. rather silly... even insane perhaps.

Were you shy as a child?

Very shy.

Sometimes, I really am more open about said things then most would think. It just has to be brought up in conversation. Though sadly, I've noticed that many people today only care about things that really don't matter as much as other topics.

Yes and no.. I jump around too much, and I'm too into the inner meaning of words to say anything right.

Not really..

When inspired, yes.

For awhile I wanted to get into psychology or philosophy, even producing music.. interior designing, architecture, engineering, accounting, or even dancing.. its really a confusing topic..