• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What do you find beautiful?

Meridian

MBTI Type
INXJ
Warmth from the west and a cool northern wind colliding in the same moment.

Street lamps. Shadows falling on pure white stone. The texture of brick. Wrought iron rails. Wet pavement.

The rich color of pigment in oil.

The tapering water where the waves hit the shore. Spirals in motion.

Order and harmony. Monochromatic tones in an empty room. Windows open. The curtains blow in measure.

Silence on the outside. Silence from the inside. A quiet moment. Rest.

An envelope opens. Little by little. Anticipation. An obscure release.

Beauty comes in pieces.

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Somehow, I ended up with an ability to find a sort of beauty in almost everything my senses can apprehend. This can be enjoyable but often it is simply overwhelming. I think that I can easily agree with almost every example in the thread so far. It might be easier to say what I do not find beautiful...but that would mess up the lovely rythm of the thread so far with negativity...and that is not very beautiful at all.

Oohh Hirsch! :wubbie::hug:

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Trees. I like them a lot. We have this big tree in the middle of our back yard and it is just the right size for to effect the whole yard with its presence. Its branches are in a ball kind of shape and the stalk is in a Y-shape. Behind it there is a hill that has more trees, but not like this one, they are directed more upwards and not in the ball shape. I think the thing that is most amazing in trees is that they apply this very strict mathematical formula and end up looking perfect in some ways and imperfect in other ways.

Babies are beautiful. In fact, anything that is as spontaneous is beautiful. Kittens, puppies, anything soft and stupid is really nice... Oh, and I like spontaneous stupidity a lot in people. Not many can do that but.. it's like "wow" every time I see such behavior. It tells me that the person doing something just because it is absurd actually trusts me enough not to judge him.

Clouds, waves, grass, sunlight on the skin, wind on the skin, water on the skin, skin on skin, houses with history, smell of fire, smell of fire wood, sound of fire, warmth of fire, empty roads, empty city, crowded city, crowded trains, people walking to somewhere with ridiculous hurry, unexpected smile, stars, darkness, shade of an apple tree, silence, meeting with people you forgot, eating for hours, hanging out with no plans or expectations.

am_i_evil666

the foggy mornings of december, just after the sun rises up, when the streets are empty and there's a purple-ish light in the air......and the foggy nights of december when the lights on the streets are blurry....

the time before christmas...it's a lovely atmosphere....it remembers me of when i was very little...and of course, meeting with the whole family, the carols, the tree, the christmas lights in the city.....it's beautiful every year.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
leaves
the forest, in any mood
happy, wiggly dogs
a burning fireplace or wood stove
the sound of my dad's voice
my mother's face
Lee's smile
the sky, in any mood
peace
silence
my hill
coming home
snowfalls
wild animals in motion
my dogs playing in the leaves
some poetry
some prose
Psalm 91 (KJV)
Psalm 139:1-18 (KJV)
sunsets
moonsets
starry nights
safety
solitude

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
I know this might be a stretch for some of you but try to follow:
Evil
Corruption
Malice
Hate
Jealousy
Vengeance
Revenge
Spite
Wrath
Greed
Envy
Vanity
Darkness
Silence
Cold
Chaos
The Void
Death
Each of these has it's own if not wholesome beauty about them. I once read about this in a book of wisdom talking about The Sillmarrion from Lord of the Rings history. It was saying how the dark god was trying to make his own music that would be different from the music of the Creator's, however, all he did was only add to the music in a way that others had not tried, and in a symphony, you need all kinds of instruments and melodies to make the richness and depth of a grand masterpiece. What I'm saying is that evil is as worthy of love and beauty just as much as good. light with the darkness makes the balance. Love thy enemies as much as friends and watch the changes they bring.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Grace, in all its forms.

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
Vast, desolate landscapes. Mountain peaks, seemingly never ending fields, ocean scenes with just waves... that sort of thing.

Also, sitting in the passenger side of a car with your eyes closed while riding down the road and you can feel the sun in a strobe effect as it peeks through the branches of the trees that you are passing.

Evi

MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh Everything....
The moment after the music stops
The whirling feel of the Viennese Waltz
Books
Old architecture
Music that makes one want to cry
Dust in sunlight
Sleeping children
The silence of the dance
The reflection of light off of water
Simplicity

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzA_xesrL8"]The things I've seen[/YOUTUBE]

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Everything that I see.. Everything has it's own beauty... if you can't see it tilt your head to the side and it's there like an optical illusion waiting to be discovered... we are surrounded by beauty we are so blessed

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Redheads

Innocence in children

Death

Eyes

Sadness

Midnight

Kindness

Understanding

The color blue

Large open grass fields

The color gray

...that's all I can think of right now

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The stars are beautiful. I could gaze upon them for hours.

I find autumn beautiful, as well. The crisp air, the leaves littering the ground, the whole atmosphere..truly awe inspiring.

Fire is also mesmerizing. I find myself staring at the flames, completely entranced. I go into a state of complete and utter bliss.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everyday Miracles.

The Ocean.

People overcoming their problems or situations

Extreme solitary faith in God

Random acts of Kindness

Determination

People being just who they are.

But most of all, Seeing things that remind me that the Impossible is Possible.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
when a wide receiver (cris carter?) would catch a pass on the sidelines and get two sets of ballet toes perfectly (and geometrically!) aligned (and on third down no less!)

a perfectly executed jumping high five

when someone trips on a crack in the sidewalk and BARELY catches him/herself before would be pavement-eating

accents

well-plated food (which must include drizzles or pools of something and proper elevation)

the perfect coinage of phrase/outfitting the sentence in most desirable and stylish, snappy fashion (sentence fashionista!)

crunchiness like in the silver jews song trains across the sea or the feist song i feel it all like the sound of bottles breaking and stomping on them with bandaged bloody feet

words that begin with "sau***" such as saucy, saunter, sauvignon blanc (think new zealand/australia, or possibly semillon), preferably together (saurry can be spelled with an sau)

the white man overbite

sweaty summer days in new york, and all the love songs written on subway rides to and fro, always to and fro

iNtuition (especially N doms and inps)

claiming Christ was an infj (and then doing the catholic sign)

french post-structuralism, german transcendental idealism, japanese zen buddhism, chinese taoism, indian "hinduism," etc

when james baldwin short stories give you "the chills" and you tell everyone about it for a week;

also, whitman's song of myself! and loafing, loafing, loafing...

immediate forgetting/awesomely bad short-term memory

lyricisms like "riding on city buses for a hobby is sad"

'88 lincoln continental mk vii lsc burnout videos on youtube, oh the love and the tinted-ass windows!

greatest goal ever soccer highlights (i'm looking at you, zinedine!) or just the head-butting clip gifs all exaggerated and shit

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I think that such thing as beauty is a very complicated thing to talk about. Beauty is relative and can hardly be measured. Even I don't always know for sure whether something is beautiful or not. To me, it depends on unstable and not always predictable things such as the weather and my mood. Overall, I see beauty as a certain form of intensity. Even extremely ugly things can possess a kind of beauty, exactly because their intense ugliness. And does beauty always need to be a physical thing? It's really complex. Here is a list of things that I fins beautiful Can't it be abstract? Here is a short list of things that I find beautiful:

- Broken, rusty and erroded things
- Old things
- Daisies (because of their intense cuteness)
- Deep red
- The skylines of giant metropoles at night
- Neon lights
- Deers
- Fire and things that have been set on fire
- Rain, snow, lighting and thunderstorms
- People and animals when they're sleeping

tsumatachi_san

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
4w5