• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What do you find beautiful?

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I LOVE stars.. I love star gazing... When I used to have a balcony, that's all I would do, sit and watch the stars while talking on the phone..

What are things I find beautiful?

When a mother or father smiles at their child (the unconditional love they give).

When I see people of all different backgrounds get along together (homosexual, heterosexual, people from different ethnicities, different ages) for a good cause.

When I watch people sing their hearts out (especially if it's music they write on their own and play using their own talents- not dependent on modern technology for voice enhancement- natural).

When I see people helping people.

When I see an elderly person smile (touches my heart), especially when their eyes wrinkle up and they small in laughter like a baby.

When I see a person who looks as though they've suffered from hard-knocks in life smile, especially after they witness that other people actually do care.

Fogs rolling in. Hazey days. Sunsets.

... These things are priceless to me..

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Perfectly designed machines and tools, with no frills, no extra material, and no weak points.

campy_rec_rear_der_s_07_m.jpg

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Jennifer, very thoughtful..you definately put into words some of the things that I think and feel.

Here is what I find beautiful:

Skating outdoors in the snow-bearded and starry night with the person you love.

The joyful and happy-go-lucky smile of a child..or anyone for that matter.

Fires. There is something intrinsically and aesthetically beautiful about fires and how individuals become collectivized in a shared experience while around a fire. For me, it is as relaxing as a jacuzzi. I could talk to Bill Clinton or Stephen Hawking (it wouldn't matter) because I am in a complete state of relaxation, open-mindedness, and curiosity.

I enjoy anything that is complex, intricate, particular, paradoxical, ironic, and contradictory. Whether it be the stock market, Russian politics, quantum physics, string theory, or chess, all of these are complex systems that I enjoy learning about, analyzing, and thinking critically about.

I find beauty in genius/high creativity.

Eloquent sililoquys that follow a particular rhythm and tempo, usually beginning with a purpose supported by concrete goals and end up in purely abstract philosophical contemplation and rhethorical question asking.

Change, and I think the Obama victory was beautiful and inspiring in so far as it shows that anything is possible despite what sensors and pessimists--who fear change of the status quo--say.

Moral actions that people carry out when they are unaware that another is watching.

Idiosyncracies.

Grand designs, models, speeches, etc.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
OH my iGoogle theme right now is gorgeous
fractalsaq0.th.jpg

I love fractals
and solar systems and stars images of space -- Astronomy Picture of the Day

Visual things strike me as more fitting of the word 'beautiful' I guess.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I love flowers and butterflies and sunsets over water, and any kind of art/architecture/clothing/jewelry that has really intricate designs.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Change, and I think the Obama victory was beautiful and inspiring in so far as it shows that anything is possible despite what sensors and pessimists--who fear change of the status quo--say.
Wow.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Difficult question because there are so many beautiful things. Especially in the nature, arts and music.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
My son.

The first sunrise of the year.

A lovers kiss.

Elderly couples.

dyspraxion

MBTI Type
INtP
Enneagram
4w5
The fleeting ripples of storm clouds.

Likewise, ripples and waves in water.

The stark bleakness of winter.

Likewise, music with a simplicity of sound.

Dreams which read like tragic stories, felt as though I am a participant rather than an observer.

Ephemeral things.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Windy and rainy evenings where nature seems so powerful that you know man is nothing.
The night sky.
Mountains
Oceans
Anything natural, and infinite feeling.
Love and caring.
Humanity.
Existence.
The poetic irony of certain situations.
People interactions and psychology.
Engineering feats.
Cities.
Complex systems.
Complex music.
Complex anything.
Art (though normally only a few in the gallery, I'm picky)
Good sporting moves.
Brunettes or dark haired girls with green eyes :).
Crazy redheads.
Sometimes blonds.
Logic.
Science.
Imperfection.
Anarchy.
Silence.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Eyes - when I see that "something" there, depth and genuity. I've usually seen something deep and hurt in people (in their eyes) I've just met, and later on discovered what has happened to them (something very hard, bad even). I don't know what it is, some kind of vulnerability or the depth that actually mirrors out.

Gentleness.

When somebody sleeps. Sound of their breath, the monotonic heart beat, and just the helplessness and calmness while they're sleeping.

People when they feel very awkard, scared, happy, sad - basically people feeling strong, authentic emotions.

Sad music. Ironically something very hopeful and beautiful about it.

Seeing into somebody - their aspirations, feelings, motivations, fears. Seeing their essence that is so beautiful in all of its forms.

The higher nature of man - morals, when I see someone with strong convictions and morals. Not being affected by the general norm and possibly the mass culture that probably emphasizes individuality a bit too much.

People who've been through so much yet have survived and decided to look at things from a positive side. The strength these people have.

I think the most beautiful thing is human. I find so much beauty from people.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the most beautiful thing is human. I find so much beauty from people.

...are we talking about the same people here?

*points out window*

THAT lot?

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
Somehow, I ended up with an ability to find a sort of beauty in almost everything my senses can apprehend. This can be enjoyable but often it is simply overwhelming. I think that I can easily agree with almost every example in the thread so far. It might be easier to say what I do not find beautiful...but that would mess up the lovely rythm of the thread so far with negativity...and that is not very beautiful at all.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool

*points out window*

THAT lot?

Well I was actually thinking mostly the people I'm close to :wubbie: . And yes it's easy for me to criticize human kind as a whole, but speaking about individuals it's hard for me, cause I sincerely understand them and what might cause them to do/act/think certain things. But yes, I'll stay in my point :) . Of course I need to be really close to a person to sense it cause I don't feel this with complete strangers (of course not :))

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
The unique comfort and happiness derived from being in the company of old friends.
Intimate conversation, curled up together somewhere cozy in the quiet of night.
The melancholy of love lost.
The strength acquired from experience, triumph, adversity.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Somehow, I ended up with an ability to find a sort of beauty in almost everything my senses can apprehend. This can be enjoyable but often it is simply overwhelming. I think that I can easily agree with almost every example in the thread so far. It might be easier to say what I do not find beautiful...but that would mess up the lovely rythm of the thread so far with negativity...and that is not very beautiful at all.

+1

Agree with all of it, which was why I hadn't posted in this thread, it would be pages long!

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA

*points out window*

THAT lot?

Is it ironic that the ones who see them the most, see the most in them?

Most of the time the human doesn't get much more evil than having a crap childhood, or being wired wrongly. It is funny but even psychopaths are optimists. Most people have something positive they are aiming for, it is just the level of collateral that changes.