• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What Are Your NF Values?

G

Glycerine

Just out of curiosity...
Mine are (In no particular order):
Authenticity
Respect (knowing boundaries)
Open-mindedness
Logic
Fairness
Having common sense

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yea damn that authenticity thing I strive for it but coupled with the love for illusion it seems to be always out of reach..

But yea Ok here goes:

Love... Whatever that asks of you... ("There is no greater love than that offered by someone who will give up his own life for his brother")
Authenticity
Tolerance
Peace
Perception

The list is not exhaustive will have a think for some more

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Integrity
Patient faith
Persistance
Connectedness
Insight
Balance

Play!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
personal freedom and responsibility
respect and equality
fairness and being just
compassion and empathy
being honest with yourself/others
caring enough to want to understand/ or be understood
tolerance
patience
trust/ faith

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Just though of some more

Loyalty
Faith and hope
Freedom
Spirituality

G

Glycerine

Give respect if you want it.

Well said! I attempt to. Also, respect in a broader sense. If someone is intentionally trying to be disrespectlful like showing complete disregard for others consistently, then I end up disliking the person. Fortunately, this rarely happens

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Acceptance
tolerance
responsibility
empathy
understanding
faith
agreeableness
truthfulness
enlightment
knowledge
spiritual

LunaIndigo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Tolerance
Openmindedness
Intellegance
Non-fakeness
Respect
Personal responsibility
Understanding
Positivity
Agreeableness
Non-twofacedness
No constant complaining
Empathy
Not putting down people/ideas all the time.

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Im kinda lazy when it comes to respect. The common view of respect is usually: respect is earned, not given.
But Im usually very bad at showing of that I should have others respect, to me it sounds foolish and like a game. But this is common among sensors, both when getting new job and making new friend, you always need to prove your worthfulness.
I personally think that respect should always be there to begin with and if they mess with you to much; turn your back, in disrespect.

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
independence
freedom
loyalty
openness
(even brutal) honesty
honor
respect
fairness
kindness
nature (biodiversity, wildlife etc.)
aesthetic beauty
authenticity
art
responsibility
quiet strength
mercy
forgiveness
insight
wisdom
spirituality
taking responsibly care of both the physical and the mental self
agreeableness (not at the expense of identity)
humility
a reasonable level of ascetism
interest in others (but definitely not nosiness or intrusion)

Numbers

MBTI Type
INFJ
Integrity
Loyalty
Truth
Fairness
Personal Freedom
Life
Intelligence
Wisdom
Common Courtesy
Knowledge
Humility
Beauty
Relationships
Empathy

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Respect is high on the list for me. Not just between friends and amongst people you know.. the respect of elders to youngers, strangers to each other, employees to employers and to the customer amongst them.. It drives me insane to see a lack of respect. I don't care if you're 2 or 40.. You still say "Yes Ma'am" to your elders until they instruct you otherwise.. It also drives me nuts to see men not take their hats off indoors anymore, but that's a whole'nother topic.

Loyalty would have to be my second big one. It's self explanatory, but it's definitely the bond I believe that holds together everything that involves you and the people in your life. If I were going to be reincarnated, I would be a dog because of their loyalty principles.

Honor is one that I frequently fall short of.. but I frequently strive for it.

Responsibility is huge on the scale for me.

The accounts of these few things envelop an entire span of things for me.. Self-reliance falls under respect and responsibility since it's disrespectful to mooch off of your loved ones and responsibility entails you to take care of yourself when at all possible.. this is just an example. Many things like friendships, support, love.. they fall heavily into these categories. I value Love very much though.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
My values haven't changed since I was a child. I just wanted to bring peace to everyone, lol. And I know that assuming I'll receive the same is a ridiculous way of thinking. I guess that's why I've fallen into so many traps before with people. I see the good in most things, that keeps me who I am.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Give respect if you want it.

I don't see it as a matter of give and take, Silently. I may offer it to others and they may not give it back. So this doesn't work for me.

Rather I see it as learning to respect myself and then others may or may not give me respect but I don't need to expect it or look for it from others. Nice when it comes.

And, in learning to respect myself, I automatically begin to respect others.

Only way I can respect myself is to do the "right thing." And I can't automatically give that to others if they aren't doing the same.

How do I know if they're doing their own right thing? Watch 'em. What kind of environment do their acts create?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tolerance
Respect
Honesty
Openmindedness
Empathy
Trustworthiness
Freedom/Independence
Fairness
Natural Curiosity

And this applied to everyone and everything, including animals etc!

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Love (ie. the caring about what happens to others)
Integrity (honesty and the ability to choose the truth even when it means you are wrong)
Respect (basically not making things hard for others, giving them the same liberty as you want)
Liberty and Freedom (self-explanatory)
Openmindedness (I hate it when debates end because peoples capacity to think outside the box runs out)
Intelligence and logical consistency
The universe and everything in it
Compassion
Love of difference
Empathy and noticing others' pain
Honesty
Harmony

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I pity you NF's... such potenial for cunning.... wasted!.

It just adds to the challenge. The game is too easy if the only goal is winning.

Anyway, I forgot the value that said all rules are guidelines. And to have an awesome life with a free mind is the goal.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Integrity
Loyalty
Truth
Fairness
Personal Freedom
Life
Intelligence
Wisdom
Common Courtesy
Knowledge
Humility
Beauty
Relationships
Empathy

Well this is interesting. Largely you responses are the same, and they are comforting, there is much to be valued in your...values. And I--for the most part--share them.

Beauty? How is beauty a value? I'm going to assume you don't mean it in a shallow sense. But I would kinda like to know why it is a value of yours anyway.