• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What Are Your NF Values?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Well this is interesting. Largely you responses are the same, and they are comforting, there is much to be valued in your...values. And I--for the most part--share them.

Beauty? How is beauty a value? I'm going to assume you don't mean it in a shallow sense. But I would kinda like to know why it is a value of yours anyway.

I think beauty might be a global one, at least to NFPs. I love beauty in nature, in people, in art. And I am big on reality. Why pretend something that isn't beautiful is beautiful? Without contrast there is no concept. But also why focus on the part that isn't beautiful? Just search for the part that is. You can find beauty in almost everything if you look. It's not like you'll be left out :).

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I always feel that hands down, at the bottom of my roots, my soul purpose is simply to find true love. And I mean it. Most people put their values at complex levels, and put life out to be a never ending maze of possibilities, not knowing where to go, or how to rationalize any of it, but I have a feeling that my purpose is to love, and that's it. Nothing more, nothing less..simply to find someone I love in this world, that can love me the same.

By far the best thing in this world, for me, is to love someone else, and I think about it a lot. I feel almost like I'm being closed in a cage, suffocated, when i can't get out and express this love, and I always strive for a cage-free environment, the freedom to love another human being. I can't explain it at all in typing, so i'll leave it at that, I think.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think beauty might be a global one, at least to NFPs. I love beauty in nature, in people, in art. And I am big on reality. Why pretend something that isn't beautiful is beautiful? Without contrast there is no concept. But also why focus on the part that isn't beautiful? Just search for the part that is. You can find beauty in almost everything if you look. It's not like you'll be left out :).

Of course beauty is desirable, it's just strange describing it as a value.

No matter. I understand what you mean by beauty now, though I think some things I find beautifull would appear mundane to you.

Oh, and you may be assuming I am unattractve. I am not. :blush:

*Edit* Infact I think I may make a thread on what different people find beautifull.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everyone is always selfish.

(Yes! I love this discussion!)

If I like I could pull some idyllic example of someone not being selfish but I'm pretty sure you will have some answer for it.

Perhaps I could point out instead that most of the people who have posted in this thread value selfless behaviour? They do so not for themselves--and do NOT tell me they do it for the warm fuzzy feeling--they do it because they feel it is the right thing to do. Indeed, many of the traits given obviously do not go hand-in-hand with selfishness.

redacted

If I like I could pull some idyllic example of someone not being selfish but I'm pretty sure you will have some answer for it.

I definitely would have some answer for it.

Perhaps I could point out instead that most of the people who have posted in this thread value selfless behaviour?

So do I, in the unofficial hand-wavey sense of the word.

They do so not for themselves--and do NOT tell me they do it for the warm fuzzy feeling--they do it because they feel it is the right thing to do.

Same thing.

Indeed, many of the traits given obviously do not go hand-in-hand with selfishness.

I disagree.

What else can I say?

In the stereotypical way, I'm pretty much the least selfish person I know. I always drop my activities if people call me crying, etc. And I'm that dude that everyone always calls with their issues.

My life goal is to be a therapist.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My life goal is to be a therapist.

If you only care about yourself why is it you have chosen a career that helps others?

Are you suggesting that you are only after the warm fuzzy feeling, as you believe any empathy on your part would be selfish?

redacted

If you only care about yourself why is it you have chosen a career that helps others?

Are you suggesting that you are only after the warm fuzzy feeling, as you believe any empathy on your part would be selfish?

Yup.

I'm incredibly empathetic. I love people. They are the basis of my life.

Doesn't mean it's not selfish :)

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yup.

I'm incredibly empathetic. I love people. They are the basis of my life.

Doesn't mean it's not selfish :)

I see your argument now. I understood it already, but I dismissed it some time ago. Unfortunatly my reasons for this are complex, it is time to go to beds, and I am now aware that we are hijacking the thread. If you are interested, PM me and we can make a new one discussing the topic.

S

Sniffles

Some of mine:

Faith
integrity
fidelity
Pietas
duty
loyalty
mysticism
chivalry
patriotism
community
family
honour

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
- Respect for others

- Equality - "Golden Rule"- Treat others the way we want to be treated.

- Creativity

- Authenticity

- Diversity

- Purity (innocence, kind-heartedness, pure intentions)

- Fun, laughter, light-heartedness

- Knowledge, wisdom, integrity

- Open-mindedness, generosity

Numbers

MBTI Type
INFJ
Of course beauty is desirable, it's just strange describing it as a value.

Yeah, I guess I meant the appreciation of it. In art and life in general. If that doesn't fit your idea of a value, fine, I retract it. I mean...not a big deal.:cool:

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
openmindedness, being selfless, giving to others and expecting nothing in return, respect to others space/values/them as a person in general, honesty, idk theres a million things i could put here

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Empathy
Open-mindedness
Authenticity
Fairness
Loyalty
Respect

niffer